Fab vRS rear strut brace?

Shifty

Nothing anal and nothing to grow up about mate (who are you anyway?), nothing to do with making a name or getting in on anything - it's purely about doing things properly and above board, not using someone's property without their knowledge - would you be happy if someone copied your site material for their own use behind your back, doubt it very much.

I helped Mike develop the brace without expecting anything in return, I still don't expect anything, I was in it to help Mike and fellow VAG owners, pure and simple. What I do not appreciate is the tone and attitude of this thread, after all I have done nothing wrong here, so face facts. Yes it's gone too far but who's fault, not mine.

I'm done here, get back to the thread proper and let folks sort these braces out.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW i think Rob has a point, his first post was gently reminding people that his photos should not really be used without his permission but on this occasion he wasnt too bothered, even though the pics were being used for profit making purposes.

Then what happens, He gets sniped and flamed to bits on this "the friendliest forum on the internet" as some people like to think of it

What do you expect him to do? sit back and take all the sh!t he gets thrown at him? Of course not, if it was me in that situation I would be helluva defensive too.

Rob has went to alot of time and effort to build both his car and his website, and if he so decides to place a copyright upon the contents of that site that is his choice afterall he is the one that pays for it.

Everyone's getting heated up in here for no reason.

Rob din't say no one is allowed to use his pictures, all he asked was for a request if anyone chose to use his pictures for very valid reasons. I would know this, I've recorded & produced tracks here and have them copyrighted for the same reasons.

Although maybe he had a little tiny go at Sarah, which he shouldn't have done, I don't think he's done anything wrong. If he's mentioned copyright at the bottom of every page in his site, then it is valid, and it ain't just a picture. All that needs to be done is to send a simple request, and you would most definitely get an 'OK' from Rob..at least, gathering from the beginning before the bats started swinging.

Rob, chill out. You should have spoken to Mike first about the copyright issue, not Sarah. That was your bad. Briskoda is a nice site, and everybody in here thinks they know it all, including myself :D Part of human nature I guess.

Blimey what a weekend brings.

I am sorry that this has turned this way.

I do like helping the people of Briskoda and not out to make a fortune on anyone.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40029&highlight=jbs

This is what Mike has posted if you cannot find it.

I am sorry Rob Don that it has turned out like this as if we could have worked together then we could have helped out Mike quite a bit.

But I am still going to go ahead with this no matter what.

I do hope that nobody else takes offence to anything else that I do.

If you do there are a number of ways that you can approach me.

My number is posted all over this site and also I can be PM`d.

01246 455005 there is the number again.

I think that a public forum like this one that is renowned for being friendly should turn out this way.

But this is still on and I will be in touch with Mike later.

Thank you for all the messages of support that has come through and I will carry on for the search for other products for the Skoda lovers out there.

Thank you

Sarah