Newbie Soon To Be Vrs Owner

digitrac

Thanks to all of you and your comments, I'm now in the throes of purchasing my first Skoda, which just happens to be Black Magic Octavia vRS. Have managed to get a deal with 0%finance package and the dealer claims he can get me a car registered in time for 30th September deadline. Have chosen parking sensors and cruise control as options, parking sensors aren't a problem as can be fitted by dealer after registration but he refuses to retrofit cruise control. He may be able to source a car with this already on but if not and I'm to benefit from the zero % option, I have to take the car without it. I've followed a few threds regarding retrofitting cruise control but can anyone please clarify the following points:

1. If I retrofit cruise control via any VAG dealer, will I invalidate the warranty?

2. Does anyone know of any VAG dealer who will carry this out in the North West area?

3. Will the work be covered under a separate warranty with the VAG dealer?

BTW the dealer claims that there are 3-4 unregistered Black Magic examples in the UK at the moment. Not sure if it's worth pressing dealer to order spec'd vechicle with cruise control from factory but keeping zero % deal.

All comments appreciated.

Welcome to Briskoda digitrac.

And good choice :thumbup:

Retrofitting cruise by another VAG dealer -- in theory probably does invalidate warranty,however as long as they are using VAG parts I doubt they would eve notice!

Any parts supplied by a VAG dealer are covered by 2yr warranty -- so no problem

welcome to briskoda!

firstly, i aplogise as i believe i got the last black RS presently in the country with cruise and sensors factory fitted - ie. in time to beat the september registration deadline.

- secondly, horners in manchester will retro-fit cruise for you ( they send it to Awesome GTI to get done, so you may want to check prices between them )

- as dave correctly says, they will very probably never notice. if you use horners, i know you will have no problems at all.

hope that helps.

sorry again for nabbing the car you wanted. well, i'm not really but you know what i mean!

Have confirmed my order for Black Magic vRs today!

Thanks for all your advise - will arrange retrofitting of cruise control when delivered.

Phil - for your information the dealer that's retrofitting the parking sensors is Mitchell Skoda, Cheshire Oaks near Ellesmere Port.

Originally posted by SilveRS in this post

digitrac, don't worry about parking sensors, they're for people who can't reverse cars. Hasn't anyone heard of mirrors and judgment?

Cruise is a useful tool as can be used to discipline your self on long motorway journeys.

i love parking sensors, what more can i say?! :)

didn't 'need' them on my bmw, but they can be immensely helpful.

would have helped *me* with my 1st octy. but hey, i'm a crap driver who can't reverse ;)

as for cruise, my only real interest is so i can swap programs with my APR remap.

I picked up my Black Magic vRS 2 weeks ago. I believe all the UK stock unregistered ones didn't have cruise. So the local Skoda dealer retrofitted it for me. So I had one of those 'few' UK stock ones the other week!

Very happy with the car, got my Forge DV007 ready to fit, along with my Defi digital control boost guage... Fitting on Sunday...

Andy

Today I filled out all the finance paperwork and the car is on its way from Grimsby Docks. My only worry now is that I am praying I get a cover note from my insurers in time for 30th September. If it doesn't arrive the dealer will have to register the car in his own name and thus I won't be the first registered keeper. It is a bit annoying but there seems no other way around this if I want the zero % option. So fingers crossed the cover note appears on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully I may get my vRS next weekend!!!

I am going to contact Horners this week to arrange for my Cruise Control to be fitted.

Many thanks for all the replies and I will post a report when I finally get my hands on my vRS!!

Check your insurance. If you are the second registered keeper, you are not eligable for new for old replacement on write offs in the first year. That's what Greenlight told me anyway.

On a brighter note, I am getting my vRS in black (without cruise or sensors) on Thursday. It should be at the dealers on Monday :D

Then big brakes, Jabba in the new year, etc. etc. etc.

Steve

I agree....if you,re the second registered keeper then the car is second hand and therefore this should be reflected in the price. Cover notes usually take a day to come through, well mine have always taken this short time. I cant see why though your dealer cant get the ball rolling with a faxed copy, then just present the original on its arrival.

As for parking sensors....I think they are more useful than cruise and I wouldnt be without them now.....yes I can park thankyou, but on a safety point of view they are invalueable.

Andy

Denis

Your Octavia should be the best one on here if you carry on at this rate of modification ;)

September - Jabba

October - Cruise

November* - Parking sensors

December* - Porsche Brembo brakes

January* - 18 inch BBS alloys / GSD3 tyres

Feb 04* - Jabba IHI turbo kit and second remap

Mar 04* - 4x4 Turbo grille badge

Apr 04* - MK Dons supporters sticker ?

Rob

Hi all... I'm the owner of a new Ford Focus TDCi Sport (don't boo me off!). My Dad and me have just been changing our cars and I found this site searching for info him, he has just got his new Fab vRS from Mitchell Skoda in Ellesmere Port last Saturday, this is my reason for posting. Digitrac, you honestly can't deal with a better dealer. Their customer service is superb, my Dad has had 2 new Skodas from them now (1st one from the West Kirby dealership) and they've always been great. I take it you're dealing with Fred in there, he's a great fella. He moved up to Ellesmere Port to set it all up (they're moving onto ALL that land adjacent!) He set up the West Kirby dealership too, we followed him up to Ellesmere because he's so good. Stick with 'em mate and have fun in your Octavia (I'll look out for you in my Foci!).

Well, I drove his car yesterday and... wow. It's great... lots of nice little touches. I'd have had one myself if it wasn't for me getting Employee Discount and not getting a decent p/x price from Mitchells on my old car. I prefer mine for comfort (leather you see!) ,space and the chassis but his for styling and the engine... although mine is noticably quieter on the outside. You could feel the difference though when you put your foot down... well, just gotta bed mine in and then get it chipped!