very confused

hi,

can you please tell me what engine do I have ??

octavia FL vRS 2.0 2009 (59 plate) DSG engine code in book CCZA 

the question is :

is it TSI (this is what is written on engine cover)

or TFSI (eurocarparts and other sites)

thanks

hi,

can you please tell me what engine do I have ??

octavia FL vRS 2.0 2009 (59 plate) DSG engine code in book CCZA 

the question is :

is it TSI (this is what is written on engine cover)

or TFSI (eurocarparts and other sites)

thanks

I think most likely TSI if its face lift mine is pre FL and has the tfsi. I think if its got a belt its a tfsi and the tsi has the chain.

I think most likely TSI if its face lift mine is pre FL and has the tfsi. I think if its got a belt its a tfsi and the tsi has the chain.

this is what I thought so.  So why all of the online parts sites telling me its a TFSI after checking my number plates. hmmm ... strange ;\

this is what I thought so.  So why all of the online parts sites telling me its a TFSI after checking my number plates. hmmm ... strange ;\

Are you putting your registration number in or selecting model and year. If so I guess yours is on a crossover year where both types were sold.

Are you putting your registration number in or selecting model and year. If so I guess yours is on a crossover year where both types were sold.

I'm putting reg number and yes I think its on a crossover year , the question is what bits shall I buy for TSI or TFSI or there is no different ?

I'm putting reg number and yes I think its on a crossover year , the question is what bits shall I buy for TSI or TFSI or there is no different ?

What parts are you after?

It'll be a TSI like mine. ECP and most other sites list the engine as a TSI. The engine covers are different on the two engines. The TFSI has the air filter casing as part of the engine cover, on the TSI it's separate. 

The ccza engine is a tsi. This found in the cross over pre facelifts and the facelifts.

the bwa engine is a tfsi. This is found in the pre facelifts.

• Like 1

Easiest way to tell the difference.

TFSI has a cartridge type oil filter that is located at the front of the engine, approximately in the middle pointing downwards.

TSI has a spin-on oil filter located at the front left of the engine, pointing downwards.

My theory is that if you can't identify the oil filter then you probably should stop at that point & leave it to somebody else.

• Like 1

Tha nk you very much JR RS

Brad1.8T I think if you can't identify the oil filter in your car, buy a horse , cars are not for you then I really like your post thanks a lot!

Easiest way to tell the difference.

TFSI has a cartridge type oil filter that is located at the front of the engine, approximately in the middle pointing downwards.

TSI has a spin-on oil filter located at the front left of the engine, pointing downwards.

My theory is that if you can't identify the oil filter then you probably should stop at that point & leave it to somebody else.

Even easier: where is the dipstick located?

1. Front of engine: TFSI

2. Left side: TSI