Superb Order tracker

Received my car yesterday at lunch time, and can safely say its meets and exceeds all my expectations. 

Car: L&K DSG 150Bhp, Estate with Brown Leather

Ordered wk6 and delivered wk21, so 15 weeks isn't to bad considering my initial 18wk expected wait.

Got the car through Jet Vehicle Finance and its been seamless, and delivered to my door.

The deal i got was £1985 up front (10 days after delivery) + £60 admin charge when ordered, then £330 per month.

I've got 15,000 miles per year

To be honest its a bit of a treat, so not the most cost effective option available.

The DSG is great as have 146miles round trip to work 3 times a week.

First drive into work today and managed 56mpg which is not a bad start although i do get travel time so stick to the speed limits.

For all waiting, i hope the info helps confirm Skoda's current deliver times.

I basically followed this thread for weeks checking what everyone else was finding and was always chuffed when people got their cars earlier than expected. 

Gave me some hope it would come before the WK24.

Placed an order 17th May, heard yesterday that it will be in production BW35.

On my order:

* 1.4 TSI 150 ACT SE L Exec DSG

* Candy white

* Black leather

* Canton sound sys

* 17" Helios alloys

* Color maxi dot

* Dynamic chassis control

* Heated washer nozzles

* Heated windscreen

* Keyless entry system

* LED package plus

* Full size spare wheel

* Variable boot floor

* Autoglym lifeshine

* Set of mats

* Full tank of fuel

And it's here! Ordered 26th January, so 4 months/17 weeks from order to collection. It's been a long wait, but going by the drive back to work, definitely worth it!

So for those of you still waiting, hang in there, your time will come! dbe5ee88f08cae7b4dfa6458056c9f11.jpg

0dba382222aa409480db6dd1fe650680.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And it's here! Ordered 26th January, so 4 months/17 weeks from order to collection. It's been a long wait, but going by the drive back to work, definitely worth it!

So for those of you still waiting, hang in there, your time will come! dbe5ee88f08cae7b4dfa6458056c9f11.jpg

0dba382222aa409480db6dd1fe650680.jpg

Beautiful!!

Is that black or the magnetic brown? It's difficult to tell in some lights...

Beautiful!!

Is that black or the magnetic brown? It's difficult to tell in some lights...

Magnetic brown. Even the dealer commented on how good it looks with the L&K trim.

Loving the black magic paint - that's what mine will be coming with! Looks awesome!

It's actually magnetic brown, but looks black in low light. It was a toss between the black and brown for me, but my 6-year-old daughter preferred the brown. She made a good choice!

• Like 1

It's actually magnetic brown, but looks black in low light. It was a toss between the black and brown for me, but my 6-year-old daughter preferred the brown. She made a good choice!

Well that's embarrassing! But at least magnetic brown was my second favourite choice :D

Oddly, my 6 year old daughter agreed with me on the black - mainly I think because it's called Black Magic which is her favourite Little Mix song :D

Lol, both my daughters like that song too, and had they known that was the name of the colour, it probably would have swayed their choice! [emoji2]

• Like 1

... I must admit I thought it was black too but have made that mistake before so thought I'd check!!

My 9 year old daughter and I both wanted the brown but the missus voted for the black as we've currently got a brown-ish car (nothing like the magnetic brown though!). I really liked the black anyway and as she'd been overruled on the make and model already, I thought it wise to let her have her own way on the colour B)

Cant wait for it to arrive!!

• Like 2

With all those options, wasn't an L&K better value?

Yeah, I enquired as to whether they'd do me an L&K with a 1.4 TSI, but the answer was no. So I just configured an L&K from the 1.4 TSI SE L Exec as base, and then binned off the options I didn't think were worth the extra money for my purposes (a comfortable long-distance commuting car only). The foot / boot opener, rear heated seats, & tri-zone climate control went. I'd have quite liked the SMART Light assist, but it added almost £3k as it depends on a few pricey options.

Anyway, I put my config through Carwow and got the lot for £26400, which I thought was a good deal. I'd viewed an in-showroom L&K two weeks ago that the dealership wanted £32k for, but I could have driven away within a week. I was very tempted, but walked away and opted to wait instead.

• Like 1

Yeah, I enquired as to whether they'd do me an L&K with a 1.4 TSI, but the answer was no. So I just configured an L&K from the 1.4 TSI SE L Exec as base, and then binned off the options I didn't think were worth the extra money for my purposes (a comfortable long-distance commuting car only). The foot / boot opener, rear heated seats, & tri-zone climate control went. I'd have quite liked the SMART Light assist, but it added almost £3k as it depends on a few pricey options.

Anyway, I put my config through Carwow and got the lot for £26400, which I thought was a good deal. I'd viewed an in-showroom L&K two weeks ago that the dealership wanted £32k for, but I could have driven away within a week. I was very tempted, but walked away and opted to wait instead.

Fair enough, hadn't paid attention to the engine, or even twigged that you couldn't get the 1.4 TSI on L&K trim, although should've guessed as you can't get the 1.6TDI.

Fair enough, hadn't paid attention to the engine, or even twigged that you couldn't get the 1.4 TSI on L&K trim, although should've guessed as you can't get the 1.6TDI.

Yeah L&K spec are all diesels, annoyingly. 

I wanted something quiet & smooth as possible, and that 1.4 ACT petrol engine is impressive; 150PSI and capable of 56mpg (on best behaviour, mind)! There's also a small niggle at the back of my mind that diesel isn't as clean & efficient a fuel as the EU would have you believe. 

My last petrol was a 1.3 Toyota Yaris years ago that did 55mpg (on paper). Its amusing to think that this SIII might beat that for efficiency. :D

Yeah L&K spec are all diesels, annoyingly. 

I wanted something quiet & smooth as possible, and that 1.4 ACT petrol engine is impressive; 150PSI and capable of 56mpg (on best behaviour, mind)! There's also a small niggle at the back of my mind that diesel isn't as clean & efficient a fuel as the EU would have you believe. 

My last petrol was a 1.3 Toyota Yaris years ago that did 55mpg (on paper). Its amusing to think that this SIII might beat that for efficiency. :D

Well you could get either of the 2.0 petrol engines in L&K...

I've been living with my somewhat gruff Octavia Mk2 Diesel engine for so long now, the S3 diesel engine by all accounts will be a dream. I hear the petrols are t though so I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

Well you could get either of the 2.0 petrol engines in L&K...

I've been living with my somewhat gruff Octavia Mk2 Diesel engine for so long now, the S3 diesel engine by all accounts will be a dream. I hear the petrols are t though so I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

Oh yeah, I somehow managed to wipe the 220 & 280 PS L&K petrols from my mind. Ha. Too expensive to run, I think I decided, all things considered. 

I'm happy so long as I don't lose acceleration over my current car, which is a 2010 318d estate, 9.8s 0-60. Apparently my SIII will do 0-60 in 8.9s. I must say, I was surprised when I compared the weights. I was expecting the SIII to be much heavier than my 318 as its much larger. But its actually 200kg lighter, and has several hp more. My 318 has run-flats and isn't the most comfortable ride. Its why I'm replacing actually, and I can't wait to take delivery of what will hopefully be a very comfortable ride. :)

• Like 1

My car has arrived in Stockholm! Ordered Feb 29, got estimate 12-16 weeks and it seems to be around 14 weeks...

Very close now!

Oh yeah, I somehow managed to wipe the 220 & 280 PS L&K petrols from my mind. Ha. Too expensive to run, I think I decided, all things considered.

I'm happy so long as I don't lose acceleration over my current car, which is a 2010 318d estate, 9.8s 0-60. Apparently my SIII will do 0-60 in 8.9s. I must say, I was surprised when I compared the weights. I was expecting the SIII to be much heavier than my 318 as its much larger. But its actually 200kg lighter, and has several hp more. My 318 has run-flats and isn't the most comfortable ride. Its why I'm replacing actually, and I can't wait to take delivery of what will hopefully be a very comfortable ride. :)

I went for the same engine as you and it is brilliant.. Whisper quiet with a fine turn of speed when required. I do a lot of shortish drives around London, with the occasional long journey, which is one of the reasons I chose the petrol engine.

I was a bit worried about the size of the estate, but actually you don't notice it because it is very comfortable and relaxing to drive. It definitely is making me a less stressed driver, which can only be a good thing!

Far and away the nicest car I've owned in 30 years of driving, by a long chalk... I'm sure you won't be disappointed.