Bolero from Superb fit into Octavia II ?

I have a Bolero head unit I took out of my 2008 Superb that I would like to put into my sons Octavia II

he has the stream mp3 head unit in there now but it looks like he will need a fascia but I cant seem to find one

any help appreciated guys

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys it wont fit with that facia as my sons switches are in the middle and not al the way across

I have tried to link pictures from my photobucket but I get a message that says "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

I cant post pictures but the bolero I have is the same as this one

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/255198-bolero-with-reversing-camera/?p=2996365

we want to put it in a 58 plate Octavia that has the same button configuration as this http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/175771-replace-stream-mp3-with-pioneer-avh-p3200bt/?p=2176209

(notice the narrower row of buttons) but obviously putting the bolero in instead of a square aftermarket head unit

I would post pictures and serial numbers but the forum wont let me link from photobucket for some reason?

It's because that's for cars with climate control, you need a fascia for a car with manual AC

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-radio-trim-for-sat-nav-2004-2008-50284

great thanks

that looks like it as long as the bolero fits in it

cheers for your help :cocktail:

Be warned that there can be issues with battery drain when retro-fitting later headunits into older cars.

its a 2008 head unit from a 2008 Superb that we are trying to fit into a 2008 58 plate Octavia so would there be an issue? :sweat:

cheers for any help

ok so that causes some concern as it seems there are different shapes of bolero/stream out there? I say this because the bolero I have is definitely NOT the same shape as the stream that we want to replace but in the link above the guys are saying they are?

The Bolero from an Octavia is the same shape as a Stream. However the Bolero from a Superb is, IIRC, the same shape as a Columbus.

• Like 1

The Bolero from an Octavia is the same shape as a Stream. However the Bolero from a Superb is, IIRC, the same shape as a Columbus.

im hoping so

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

update on this.....

got the facia and the head unit fits perfect and works great

the only issue we have is that none of the Fakra single to double seem to be compatible

I have pictures but the site wont let me post them :sweat:

the issue as I see it is that the Bolero we have fitted has a double Fakra that is a solid block so none of the cables I have seen will fit

please is there anyone here who can post the pictures onto this thread if I email them?

cheers

still got nowhere with the plug on the Bolero

im wondering how hard it is to either change the head unit input or cutting and soldering a cable?

is there anyone who makes these cables?

Plug the single fakra connector into th inner side of the double connector that will give you fm stations or buy a single to double fakra lead off the bay.

it does not fit and all the double leads on ebay wont fit onto the white block

Is the Fakra cable really necessary? I didn't bother with one when replacing my Stream for a Bolero and it seems to work fine. Only listen to FM stations though.

Is the Fakra cable really necessary? I didn't bother with one when replacing my Stream for a Bolero and it seems to work fine. Only listen to FM stations though.

would be good to get FM only but cant find anything to fit onto the Fakra block if that makes sense?

I can find loads that will fit into the aerial single fakra on the car but getting something to fit the head unit is not possible from the feedback I get from ebay sellers and audio shops

has anyone got any ideas?

if you look at the pictures above you will notice that the single fakra is not an issue but it is the white double fakra that is causing issues in as much as it is solid so I cant get anything to fit

I am wondering if I could destroy a plug and just use the male part to go in the hole?

mvPa8bV.jpg

Looking at that picture, I would expect most of that white plastic to come off as I believe it's the old connector someone hasn't removed properly.

It should look like this: http://cms2.netnews.cz/files/shop-images/6495308/24482-DSCN3169.jpg 

edit: this is an actual bolero from a superb  so it definitely just needs the rest of that plug removing$_57.JPG

At the left there is a small tab that should pull out slightly which will release it, much like you can see on this image: http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/u/audi_vw_single-fakra_to_double_fakra_connections.png

• Like 1