What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Id personally put money on the bulbs.

It took me about 4 months before i realised i had one sidelight filament out. I was out on a ride with my dad, when we came across another fella riding his VFR. It was only dad that noticed side by side, mine was one down.

Id personally put money on the bulbs.

It took me about 4 months before i realised i had one sidelight filament out. I was out on a ride with my dad, when we came across another fella riding his VFR. It was only dad that noticed side by side, mine was one down.

Thanks mate, that's very helpful and makes perfect sense. My rear light has only ever had one bulb on since I've bought it except for when both brake lights show. I just presumed it was meant to be like that, I will purchase some bulbs and hopefully this does the trick. Next job is to try and fit my big hands in the tiny space at the back where the cluster is! Edited by Fabia_19

Thanks mate, that's very helpful and makes perfect sense. My rear light has only ever had one bulb on since I've bought it except for when both brake lights show. I just presumed it was meant to be like that, I will purchase some bulbs and hopefully this does the trick. Next job is to try and fit my big hands in the tiny space at the back where the cluster is!

Fingers crossed thats all it is then. It should defo have two.

The bottom ones a tad tricky iirc, the top ones easy enough. You'll manage though, just a few swear words later maybe haha.

Let us know how you get on :)

• Like 1

Well I am hopefully off across to Conningsby today to see the Typhoon display pilot strut his stuff but there is nowhere to put the camera on the Daytona.  Guess I shall have to carry it myself.  Also have to carry my helmet when I get there as I have no way of fastening it onto the bike.  This sports bike stuff is a bit trying!

Well I am hopefully off across to Conningsby today to see the Typhoon display pilot strut his stuff but there is nowhere to put the camera on the Daytona. Guess I shall have to carry it myself. Also have to carry my helmet when I get there as I have no way of fastening it onto the bike. This sports bike stuff is a bit trying!

Sounds good mate! Have a good day!

Ah but you've found yourself taking it over the Tiger? ;)

It's been an on and off search for 3 weeks now for my locks keys :( I want to commute on the bike, but I have 2 sets of keys for my locks and they are AWOL...... FML! 17 Deg C yesterday and finishing just after 9pm it was still semi light, car like a greenhouse and so not happy to be strapping myself into it under the circumstances. 

Anyone know where I left either set??  :|

• Like 1

It's been an on and off search for 3 weeks now for my locks keys :( I want to commute on the bike, but I have 2 sets of keys for my locks and they are AWOL...... FML! 17 Deg C yesterday and finishing just after 9pm it was still semi light, car like a greenhouse and so not happy to be strapping myself into it under the circumstances.

Anyone know where I left either set?? :|

Time to find out how strong that lock really is....

• Like 1

Wondered what rock you had been hiding under Fuby. :D   Nightmare huh?  One of the problems of putting things in a safe place I suppose.  Knowing how forgetful I am I just leave them in the same place all the time as I daren't risk any other.

Hope you find them soon but you should be OK this weekend in the car as it is going to be freezing yet again.

• Like 1

Time to find out how strong that lock really is....

Wondered what rock you had been hiding under Fuby. :D   Nightmare huh?  One of the problems of putting things in a safe place I suppose.  Knowing how forgetful I am I just leave them in the same place all the time as I daren't risk any other.

Hope you find them soon but you should be OK this weekend in the car as it is going to be freezing yet again.

Well bike isn't locked and is has been out just couldn't find keys to take it to work and be fit to lock it up :( Next issue which has come as a surprise is that I took bike out of shed there and dead! almost no power wtf! Been on the optimiser a week ago for sake of it and battery should be fit only new the other month too. Put charger back on now and it went from 11v to 13.8 odd in seconds....... so is charger at fault or battery, or is bike eating it somehow??? Bike has zero electrical accessories on it, not even an alarm. Have cleaned up terminals etc and trying again but doesn't seem good :( 

Anyone know where I left either set?? :|

Fuubs, ask my Mrs. She hides everything in a safe place so I cant find it. Nightmare.

Check your rectifier as my bike just had an appetite for eating batteries. Checked the output at the battery terminals with the engine running and it was all over the place and managing to reach 18.6V which cooked the batteries. Replaced the rectifier with a more more MOSFET version and now a steady 14.3V.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed thats all it is then. It should defo have two.

The bottom ones a tad tricky iirc, the top ones easy enough. You'll manage though, just a few swear words later maybe haha.

Let us know how you get on :)

Stopped by the local auto parts place on my way home from work and picked up two new bulbs. Cost less than £4 for the pair and went about trying to fit them when I got home. What a bloody faf that bottom one is!!! All back together and working as they should be!

Thanks Again :)

Stopped by the local auto parts place on my way home from work and picked up two new bulbs. Cost less than £4 for the pair and went about trying to fit them when I got home. What a bloody faf that bottom one is!!! All back together and working as they should be!

Thanks Again :)

Yeah the bottom one is abit tricky haha.

Glad i could help buddy :)

Good ride out to Conningsby arrived just in time to see the Hurricane, Spitfire and Dakota flying.  Then the main course the Typhoon.  This is the first time I have seen the display this season which is a different pilot to last year.  Took the camera but decided against taking pictures this time as when you do you tend to miss the display while you are faffing.  Excellent performance and stunning to watch.  Apparently at times he is pulling 9g!

Quite a few bikes there including a fellow RAT from Lincoln.  I shall pop across next week as it is the PDA (Pilot Display Authorisation) when he and the rest of the display do their stuff in front of the Top Brass to ensure that it is safe.  Always a cracking day.  May take piccies then but they don't show the sheer performance and noise of the display that was setting ff car alarms today and making me think I should have kept my ear plugs in.

Sounds like a good show to me!

Glad you enjoyed it chris

How was the Daytona?

Good ta Oli.  Getting used to it a bit more now and I am not feeling the weight on my wrists like I was when I first rode it.  Having backed off the spring pre-load one notch I can confirm it has made sod all difference to the jarring ride.  Still need to find time to sort the sag out and then work from there BUT it isn't stopping me from riding it and from grinning.

Tomorrow sadly I have a funeral to attend of an Ex colleague who was also my motorcycle instructor for both of my course with the job.  Smashing bloke with a really sharp sense of humour.   He was also one hell of a rider.  I think the crem will be packed as he was very popular.  Not a very log retirement before he succumbed to the big C.  Not that one was needed but yet another reminder to enjoy what you can while you can. 

RIP Dave.

• Like 1

Sad news Chris. After enough funerals to last a lifetime we now use the service as a celebration of a great life. Doesn't make it any easier mind.

Hope the day goes as well as it can.