What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Been out on both the Harley and the Triumph today, its been unusually warm in London and Essex even though the sun hasn't really been out :)

All set for the Triumph's 12-months/6000 mile service tomorrow, I wonder how much that will be :wondering: 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 16:59, Prykey said:

Been out on both the Harley and the Triumph today, its been unusually warm in London and Essex even though the sun hasn't really been out :)

All set for the Triumph's 12-months/6000 mile service tomorrow, I wonder how much that will be :wondering: 

Service completed on Wednesday, no issues and a very reasonable £186.00 which is a steal compared to the annual service on my Harley!

Bonus was that it was a really lovely day to with Mr Sun making an appearance :) unlike yesterday when it was wet all day; fingers crossed today looks like another good one to :thumbup:

That's because you're paying the special Harley tax. 

Thanks for letting me know it's a nice day outside and you're going to go for ride whilst I sit working in my office. Enjoy yourself.

4 hours ago, Prykey said:

Service completed on Wednesday, no issues and a very reasonable £186.00 which is a steal compared to the annual service on my Harley!

Bonus was that it was a really lovely day to with Mr Sun making an appearance :) unlike yesterday when it was wet all day; fingers crossed today looks like another good one to :thumbup:

You just cheered me up. Got the sulks on as I just booked service plus brake fluid change on my bmw. Cost is £180 inclusive of VAT. Thought I was being ripped off.....but perhaps not.

Had a day free so me and a mate did a 330 mike loop up to Kielder over the forest drive a couple of times then onto Kielder water, dropped down to the Hartside then picked out a scenic ish route home.

CEF90C12-4D94-4942-A935-351CF14C05A4.jpeg

On 10/27/2017 at 13:01, kevberlin said:

You just cheered me up. Got the sulks on as I just booked service plus brake fluid change on my bmw. Cost is £180 inclusive of VAT. Thought I was being ripped off.....but perhaps not.

That sounds ok to me :thumbup: ;)

On 28/10/2017 at 00:11, fluffmeister said:

Sorted, Kielder is a remote place to A find a screw in your back tyre and B not be prepared. A quick dobber later and back on the way.

EA683624-3222-4525-B60E-419E706B6EF6.jpeg

Good pics, nice one! 

Good job you went prepared by the looks of it! Might of taken the AA man a little while to get to you haha. 

• Like 1

Fluff, is that the Stop N Go tyre repair kit you used? I carry the Dynaplug kit and a handful of CO2 cartridges but never had to use it yet. Not much faith in the CO2 cartridges so carry a small bicycle pump just in case. I hope I’m wrong about the CO2 cartridges otherwise I’ll probably die of boredom before the tyres is pumped up. 

• Like 2

Hi mate, it is a Stop n Go kit, had the pleasure of using it the day before on the Superb to. I've got a little 12v Compressor, it's actually the one from the Superb, stripped out of it's casing to make it ultra portable as I had the spare wheel kit.

Obviously I trimmed the plug down as per the instructions afterwards, I just took the picture untrimmed for the "effect" 

The CO2 cartridges work OK, I've used them in the past, but you need a fair few to get it fully inflated, so say 3 cartidges will give you enough pressure to get to a garage air line.

Edited by fluffmeister

I have three maybe four CO2 cartridges in the kit so good to know they should get me out of trouble. I think I have an old 12v compressor in the garage too so might strip that down to see if I can make it more portable, cheers for idea. 

10 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

On my way down to Stec Performance in Newbury to have the Akra mapped into the Tracer... along with added pops and flames. Happy days. Hopefully (:  

Is it happy days then?

Bike serviced at the new super plush Cotswold BMW centre in Cheltenham dealing in all things BMW and Mini.

Lots of suits, trendy haircuts and coffee to be seen.

Thankfully, the staff in the bike side of the business retained their bike ‘integrity’.

I have to admit it was a pretty good customer experience.

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Is it happy days then?

Presumably mate. Took the ECU n haven't plugged it back in yet. 

He gave me a print though of what they're roughly running at the rear wheel with the different set ups. Reckons theyre all pretty consistent. 

Mine will be the green atm. Too loud with the baffle out but does get good gains. 

D7EFC53A-2AB6-4104-94E9-48DDC4B13526.jpeg

If it’s all known components then you should get consistent outputs for a given map so can’t see any reason why you won’t achieve the same. Looks like a more useable curve from midrange through to the redline. The red graph looks interesting with a big dollop of power and torque from low down and all the way through. 

Running mine without the baffle in is too noisy too. It gets tiring on a long run and embarrassing when it sets alarms off when passing parked cars. With the panniers on they act like a megaphone making it even louder. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CWARD said:

If it’s all known components then you should get consistent outputs for a given map so can’t see any reason why you won’t achieve the same. Looks like a more useable curve from midrange through to the redline. The red graph looks interesting with a big dollop of power and torque from low down and all the way through. 

Running mine without the baffle in is too noisy too. It gets tiring on a long run and embarrassing when it sets alarms off when passing parked cars. With the panniers on they act like a megaphone making it even louder. 

Yeah ive always run without baffles in the past but its just too much. Shows how much difference it makes though. 

Yeah same. Does your head in after a while doesnt it. Neighbours would love it. I get on with most of them quite well atm too :D 

• Haha 1

Best to keep up the good relationship with the neighbours some people don’t understand the need to get out in the early hours to ride your bike. Even less understanding if it makes their windows rattle. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWARD said:

Best to keep up the good relationship with the neighbours some people don’t understand the need to get out in the early hours to ride your bike. Even less understanding if it makes their windows rattle. 

completely agree. It's only a few bhp anyway. 

The guy who does the flashing was telling me about a bloke who's on a power hunt on an MT10. He's got it up to 160 odd at the back wheel just flashing it and doing bits and bobs... now he's on about taking the engine apart and putting R1 valves and things in for another 5bhp, at the cost of £600.

Seems bonkers to me. Obviously worth it if you're racing and that.. but there is no race series for the MT10. 

Should of street fightered an R1...