What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

2 hours ago, bonelorry said:

Just to update, I have sold the Hayabusa about 10 Days ago.

Lost a bit of interest with it and Bikes in general so hanging up my Leathers for a few Years.

Cheers

Don't end up like me 😞  get a little something just to have and tinker with. 

1 hour ago, FUBAR said:

Don't end up like me 😞  get a little something just to have and tinker with. 

I am looking to get a Second Car to be honest, Have a little shortlist and I am for the first time in a while really excited about doing it.....Something which I have not been with Bike ownership for quite a while sadly,

17 minutes ago, bonelorry said:

I am looking to get a Second Car to be honest, Have a little shortlist and I am for the first time in a while really excited about doing it.....Something which I have not been with Bike ownership for quite a while sadly,

Mine unintentionally turned into another car 😞 still have the old one so 3 lying around the house at moment 😞 Want a Mk1 Octy or a Nice wee Fiesta 😛

IMG_20200603_144359-01.jpeg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Took the Putin for a little spin with my mate and his Africa Twin, stopped at Parbold Hill Ice Cream van.Also fitted the Akrapovic headers to the GSA a few days ago.

20200731_180853729_iOS.jpg

20200731_180948223_iOS.jpg

May be the second one here to have sold up. The mt09sp and the Monkey went a couple of months back now. just not getting the use out of them to warrant having them really. 

All is not lost. I bought an Audi TTS for a weekend car, which seems to be getting more use so far.. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Last weekend as part of my campaign to help local business, I traded in my 2017 SX performance tourer (bottom photo) for its 2020 equivalent. Only now it’s a Ninja SX performance tourer (the name change seems to have increased the Insurance premium). They look the same and are the same weight but ride very differently, it even feels easier to push it it around in the garage. The LCD dash is very clear. Non-riders won’t immediately  see (or care about) the differences,  apart from the darker green and rather (to my eyes) unsightly single silencer, which will be replaced by an Akrapovic, when it comes in to stock off back order. Cruise control, quick shifter, fly by wire throttle giving an instant smooth response, a slight steering rake change, better confidence inspiring S22 tyres and most importantly lots more metallic flake :biggrin: made this worth trading up to...or perhaps the lighter green bike’s days were already sub-consciously numbered since I’d sold my ralleye green VRS. Shame the weather’s turning. Safe riding all. 

82F90AE2-F468-4042-8E7E-4080D6B086EA.jpeg

657538EB-F1DC-4537-BE32-58378271F4D2.jpeg

EBC9A6AB-7AAF-4F24-9975-EB452CFD1802.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2020 at 07:41, Gyp said:

Not sure this was the right week to add a large capacity touring motorcycle to the fleet.

Delivery in Jan

RK4.jpg

If I was ever in the market for a Harlley and RKS would be the one I'd go for, looks fantastic in black.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fired up the Tracer (after trickle charging the battery overnight).

I think I come to the conclusion that motorcycles generally underspec the battery size compared to cars.

Probably as they are more weight sensitive ie really do not want a battery with another 2 Kgs of weight.

Have ordered a new battery, off massive electrical dealer CPC Farnell of all places. £22 and no delivery charge. YTZ10S equivalent.

https://cpc.farnell.com/leoch/ltz10-4/battery-motorcycle-ltz10-4-sealed/dp/BT06659?st=12v rechargable

It would have been £82 from Tayna for the Yuasa, delivered.

Leoch Lithium would be cheaper at £70 delivered.  https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/leoch/lfps-x12/

LIthium next time hopefully.

Edited by lol-lol

Saying a very sad farewll to my trusty Tiger 800 and paid deposit for a new Bonneville T120 for delivery March 1st on new 21 plate.Had the Tiger for about 10 years an d it's like losing an old friend. Took advantage of Triumph £1000 deposit contribution making a new bonnie cheaper than 2019/2020 second hand bonnies. Got a great trade in from Bill Smith Chester which let me add a few accessories. Busy today with the Tiger taking off wired in Satnav and a couple of minor bits and bobs to reuse on new bike.Roll on 1st March.

Tiger 2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well I lasted 7 Months without a Bike, Put a Deposit on another BMW S1000R Sport yesterday Morning.

I have just looked through my old posts on here and noticed that I have said I am packing in with Bikes on more than One occasion, Then a few Months later I buy another.

Yes I have a problem, Sorry not Sorry :D

I bought a Monkey :) I look ridiculous, but I don't care, it's put a huge grin on my face, in fact I told the mrs it's the most fun I've had in a while with my clothes on (Which, was not a good move)

20210206_125828981_iOS (2).jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2020 at 07:41, Gyp said:

Not sure this was the right week to add a large capacity touring motorcycle to the fleet.

Delivery in Jan

RK4.jpg

OK, as we got the Kent variety of the virus announced on the day after I slapped down my debit card and we then went into lockdown, delivery didn't happen in January. Nor February. And not March either.

Now planning to collect from the dealership (saving £330 delivery fee) on Good Friday.

If it's snowing at Easter, I apologise. It's my fault.

48 minutes ago, Gyp said:

OK, as we got the Kent variety of the virus announced on the day after I slapped down my debit card and we then went into lockdown, delivery didn't happen in January. Nor February. And not March either.

Now planning to collect from the dealership (saving £330 delivery fee) on Good Friday.

If it's snowing at Easter, I apologise. It's my fault.

£330 Delivery Fee?

That's a bit extortionate? 

6 minutes ago, bonelorry said:

£330 Delivery Fee?

That's a bit extortionate? 

From the dealership it's about a 600-mile round trip.

Because they do their own delivery rather than an independent transporter, they deliver directly rather than collecting and delivering round the country. With the 10 hours plus driving and then the loading and unloading they were budgeting for 2 days with an overnight stop. 

Looking at it that way it sounds like a realistic charge; 2 days labour, 600 miles on the van and a night in a  Premier Inn (allowed as the delivery is a commercial activity)

The lad and myself will have to do the round trip in a day as COVID rules do not yet allow us to have a hotel room or stay with friends, but it'll be an adventure...

Even doing it ourselves with a fairly economical car it'll cost about £150 in fuel, and with a couple of detours we're taking on the way back we'll be driving about 1000 miles that day between us. Actually, all of a sudden the £330 doesn't seem that bad!

I’m looking at getting back into biking again having sold mine a year ago due to Job insecurity issues around COVID-19...etc.

Budget of around £6k which will be on finance and going to be riding/commuting as much as possible.

Been looking at Kawasaki Vulcan S or a Versys 650 anybody got experiences with either? Both seem to get pretty good reviews for simple/relatively cheap bikes.

.....Oh and my heart is telling me to get the 09 plate Honda Fireblade in repsol livery that I keep looking at on eBay 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gyp said:

From the dealership it's about a 600-mile round trip.

Because they do their own delivery rather than an independent transporter, they deliver directly rather than collecting and delivering round the country. With the 10 hours plus driving and then the loading and unloading they were budgeting for 2 days with an overnight stop. 

Looking at it that way it sounds like a realistic charge; 2 days labour, 600 miles on the van and a night in a  Premier Inn (allowed as the delivery is a commercial activity)

The lad and myself will have to do the round trip in a day as COVID rules do not yet allow us to have a hotel room or stay with friends, but it'll be an adventure...

Even doing it ourselves with a fairly economical car it'll cost about £150 in fuel, and with a couple of detours we're taking on the way back we'll be driving about 1000 miles that day between us. Actually, all of a sudden the £330 doesn't seem that bad!

If you are happy to pay it and feel its worth £330 then fair enough!

That said the last BMW I bought in 2019 from a Dealership who did their own Delivery, It was around a 250 Mile round trip and they said it would be £149 additional cost. I didn't haggle on the price of the Bike so said take the £149 out of the profit in the Bike or I will offer you £149 less than the asking price for the Bike, I didn't really care how they did it but I wasn't paying anything for Delivery when other Dealerships offered it free. Needless to say they didn't charge me and did the Deal.

As for this Year, With Distance selling due to COVID Dealerships are desperate to get Sales. I have just bought another BMW and had it Delivered Free of charge. It was only a 70 Mile round trip this time but I had been dealing with Dealerships up and down the UK during my search including BMW Motorrad in Plymouth which is around a 600 Mile round trip to Sheffield for Delivery. The only reason I didn't buy from the Plymouth Dealership was that the Bike wasn't upto my standards condition wise so walked away. At the point of enquiry though I told them where I was located and they said they would deliver the Bike Free of charge if I paid the asking price.

Personally I would walk away from the deal but that would be my choice.

48 minutes ago, Chunk11 said:

I’m looking at getting back into biking again having sold mine a year ago due to Job insecurity issues around COVID-19...etc.

Budget of around £6k which will be on finance and going to be riding/commuting as much as possible.

Been looking at Kawasaki Vulcan S or a Versys 650 anybody got experiences with either? Both seem to get pretty good reviews for simple/relatively cheap bikes.

.....Oh and my heart is telling me to get the 09 plate Honda Fireblade in repsol livery that I keep looking at on eBay 😁

I had a 2018 Versys 650 for about 10 Days as a Courtesy Bike when one of my Kawasaki's needed some Warranty work so was at the Dealership for a few Weeks.

I enjoyed it to be honest, Very Comfortable, Good Visibility, Torquey Motor, Surprisingly fun to ride.

Regarding the Fireblade, I am not a big fan of them after 2007 which is the last of the underseat exhaust models. Honda took a step backwards in my opinion.

I think that a 2006-2008 4C8 R1 of similar age would be a much better purchase in all aspects, Dare I say I would even rather have a GSXR1000 K7/K8/K9 of similar age.

• Thanks 1