What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

That does seem pricey then. £135 fitted to loose wheel at my usual place.

Cheapest I found online was £139 for the a spec. Plus fitting plus balancing. So its not a million miles away.

Talk to the shop you bought it from maybe?

140 miles away? it will cost me more in fuel to drive down there, and if you mean take the van thats another 46 quid to hire it ? the part is £40.00 fit it my self even though it is a pain in the ass i have emailed AMS KTM and am waiting for a response as i got a 3 month warranty on the bike :D

140 miles away? it will cost me more in fuel to drive down there, and if you mean take the van thats another 46 quid to hire it ? the part is £40.00 fit it my self even though it is a pain in the ass i have emailed AMS KTM and am waiting for a response as i got a 3 month warranty on the bike :D

If you provide pictures n what not of the issue, they might help financially? Worth a shot

If you provide pictures n what not of the issue, they might help financially? Worth a shot

Like i said in the post above i have emailed AMS but the feeling i got from them when bought the bike was they dont give a **** about customer service ? so see how it go's eh. 

• Like 1

Like i said in the post above i have emailed AMS but the feeling i got from them when bought the bike was they dont give a **** about customer service ? so see how it go's eh.

Sorry. I read it wrong first time :D. Its been a long day aha.

Hopefully theyll surprise you in their response (:

Well yesterday determined to get the errant bolt out of my exhaust heat shield I invested in a multi tool.  To be honest I needed one as this isn't the first time I have had to butcher a bolt on the Tiger to get it out nor do I expect it will be the last.  Only problem being I went to buy a Dremel for 30 odd quid and ended up buying a Bosch for £53!  It will be more use than a Dremel around the house but paying over half the cost of the exhaust just to get a bolt out didn't do much for my mood!

Anyway the Bosch works and the bolt was chopped out.  So realising that left me with only one bolt to fix the heat shield onto the new exhaust I thought I would do that and then source another bolt.  Then I find the original bolt is too small for the captive nut on the new exhaust and Motad haven't included any new bolts in the box.  So I have emailed them asking for the bolts or at least an idea of what size I want.

Anyway went out on the bike last night to a RATS get together at on of the RATS houses and the exhaust sounds brilliant and nice pops on the over run!  Also neither mine or my wife's feet go anywhere near the exhaust so the heat shield is more for show than anything else.  Only problem is the fixings for where it should be are visible so I shall have to sort it.  Over to you Motad Customer Service!

That's been my feeling about them for a long time and one reason why I've not bought a KTM

• Like 1

They emailed me back after me harbouring them with 3 phone calls in one day :D They are going to pay for the part and send it out as what they call a *GOOD WILL GESTURE* 

they stated in the email that it happened due to the bike over fuelling but upon thinking about it its impossible that over fuelling cause that gash in the rubber, 

if you look at the picture where the rubber boot sits over the cylinder head and opposing side over the throttle body the rubber is flush with the full circumference of the cylinder head and the jubilee clip is on the outer part of the rubber meaning for it to blow the piece of rubber out like it did then it would have had to also bend/dislodge the jubilee clip which it didn't.

So my theory is that its been put on wrong the top part of the boot slightly tucked in so the constant pressure an the small space between the jubilee clip caused it to be pushed inside its self thus causing the split.

RhbZI78.jpg

See how long they take to send this out eh. 

they stated in the email that it happened due to the bike over fuelling

Even if that was the case, then they'd be admitting that they'd supplied you a bike that wasn't fuelling right and therefore not fit for purpose. Dealers...

Popped on the Givi bracket my son brought back from Italy

Remove original top plate Torx bolts

2015-08-18%2015.50.39.jpg

Position spacers

2015-08-18%2015.51.38.jpg

Insert replacement Allen bolts

2015-08-18%2015.52.49.jpg

Tighten

2015-08-18%2015.56.03.jpg

Attach Givi

2015-08-18%2016.02.34.jpg

Job done.

Nothing today, commuted on it all week though. Asked my brother if he fancied the Ace cafe today, he said he didnt have enough money. Then earlier he rode past me, I phoned him and he was on his way to the bloody Ace. 'Oh I thought you wanted to go later' fecking knob. So now I'm left hoping my mate is going to want to go later, he's let me down 2 or 3 times previous to this since he's go a new bird so I'm not expecting much. I need more bike mates. 

Nothing today, commuted on it all week though. Asked my brother if he fancied the Ace cafe today, he said he didnt have enough money. Then earlier he rode past me, I phoned him and he was on his way to the bloody Ace. 'Oh I thought you wanted to go later' fecking knob. So now I'm left hoping my mate is going to want to go later, he's let me down 2 or 3 times previous to this since he's go a new bird so I'm not expecting much. I need more bike mates.

Is it cheaper earlier on? :D