What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

When I bought my R1200, it hadn't made it to the dealer's website at that point so there were no details to check.

It was described to me as having been owned by one of their customers which was completely true. What they failed to mention was that before that customer it had been their demo bike, and that customer had only owned it for a week before changing his mind and changed it for an R9T. Oh, and during his week of ownership he's dropped it...

7 hours ago, Gyp said:

When I bought my R1200, it hadn't made it to the dealer's website at that point so there were no details to check.

It was described to me as having been owned by one of their customers which was completely true. What they failed to mention was that before that customer it had been their demo bike, and that customer had only owned it for a week before changing his mind and changed it for an R9T. Oh, and during his week of ownership he's dropped it...

Unreal, I honestly expected better from such a prestigious Brand. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your troubles bonelorry. Hopefully another couple of weeks and it will all be a distant memory and you can look forward to getting another.

My uncle has just got a KTM 2013 RC8R in white with the orange frame. Awesome looking bike and the specification also looks impressive. 

I haven’t had chance for a ride yet but looking forward to it in the summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chunk11 said:

Sorry to hear about your troubles bonelorry. Hopefully another couple of weeks and it will all be a distant memory and you can look forward to getting another.

My uncle has just got a KTM 2013 RC8R in white with the orange frame. Awesome looking bike and the specification also looks impressive. 

Nice bikes those. Should appreciate too. 

My mate had one. Loved it, faultless all the time he had it. New buyer rode it home n it blew up. 

Chances of that :D  

think theyre rotax motors arent they? 

You’ll love it but be careful big V Twins are addictive 

On 02/05/2019 at 20:41, Chunk11 said:

Thanks Chunk, Appreciate it!

I know you are right and once I find a replacement and I am out getting some Miles in it will all be forgotten.

I have still yet to find anything, Potentially I might have 3 x S1000R Sports lined up to view tomorrow in the Manchester Area so I am hoping one of them ticks all the right boxes.

3 hours ago, bonelorry said:

Thanks Chunk, Appreciate it!

I know you are right and once I find a replacement and I am out getting some Miles in it will all be forgotten.

I have still yet to find anything, Potentially I might have 3 x S1000R Sports lined up to view tomorrow in the Manchester Area so I am hoping one of them ticks all the right boxes.

Ah great knew it wouldn’t be long till you started looking again!

When you say Manchester area don’t suppose one of those is at Robinsons of Rochdale is it?

Ah great knew it wouldn’t be long till you started looking again!

When you say Manchester area don’t suppose one of those is at Robinsons of Rochdale is it?

No mate, One is at Highbarn in Oldham, One is at CMC Manchester and then the other is actually in Preston at Shorrocks.

There is also a 4th Bike but that is in Shipley at Alan Jefferies BMW, However its overpriced by £1000.

16 minutes ago, bonelorry said:

No mate, One is at Highbarn in Oldham, One is at CMC Manchester and then the other is actually in Preston at Shorrocks.

There is also a 4th Bike but that is in Shipley at Alan Jefferies BMW, However its overpriced by £1000.

Ah no probs I only asked as that is around the corner for me.  I bought my first bike an 03 plate gixer 600 from Shorrocks in April 16. They were great to deal with and if purchasing a bike from them they will give you a hefty discount on clothing/accessories.

• Like 1

Today I took my Tiger Cub to the inaugural East Midlands Steam & Classic Show and had a great time chugging round the arena along with several other classic bikes.

• Like 1

Bought a Bike today  :lol: 

Not another BMW S1000R Sport, Yet anyway. Although I am still looking for one.

I might have mentioned I have wanted a Classic for a while to have as a keeper and second Bike for Summer use and as a bit of an investment, There is a small dealership called Roy Jervis in Ripley Derbyshire that only deals in Classic Bikes and only ever has quality and immaculate stock in the Showroom.

Last Week they got a 2000/W-Reg, Honda CBR900RR-X, SC33 Model, Very last of the Carb Models and in a Decent Colour Scheme too. Just 2 Previous Owners and only covered 10200 Miles from new and looked to be in excellent condition.

Since they don't open Sundays and where closed for Bank Holiday I knew I stood a decent chance of getting a viewing before anyone else so I drove down this Morning just after they opened.

Anyway I bought it, Been waiting far too long for a good One to pop up.

Picking it up next Week at some point Weather permitting, Cheap Insurance too with Footman James on a Classic, 3000 Mile Policy.

32854855587_2c606a6508_c.jpg

32854855287_3151e69fbd_c.jpg

47798240021_1209059809_c.jpg

46882040325_c91d0a190d_c.jpg

32854855397_4627426768_c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonelorry said:

Bought a Bike today  :lol: 

Not another BMW S1000R Sport, Yet anyway. Although I am still looking for one.

I might have mentioned I have wanted a Classic for a while to have as a keeper and second Bike for Summer use and as a bit of an investment, There is a small dealership called Roy Jervis in Ripley Derbyshire that only deals in Classic Bikes and only ever has quality and immaculate stock in the Showroom.

Last Week they got a 2000/W-Reg, Honda CBR900RR-X, SC33 Model, Very last of the Carb Models and in a Decent Colour Scheme too. Just 2 Previous Owners and only covered 10200 Miles from new and looked to be in excellent condition.

Since they don't open Sundays and where closed for Bank Holiday I knew I stood a decent chance of getting a viewing before anyone else so I drove down this Morning just after they opened.

Anyway I bought it, Been waiting far too long for a good One to pop up.

Picking it up next Week at some point Weather permitting, Cheap Insurance too with Footman James on a Classic, 3000 Mile Policy.

32854855587_2c606a6508_c.jpg

32854855287_3151e69fbd_c.jpg

47798240021_1209059809_c.jpg

46882040325_c91d0a190d_c.jpg

32854855397_4627426768_c.jpg

Very nice! 

Exactly like the chairmans of the local bike club. He bought his as an investment too. Padgetts stashed some really good ones away and theyve surfaced lately. I think he paid stoopid money for a 0 mile one out of a crate. 

Stunning bikes. Good find! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Nice and not modified to death like a lot of them. Not sure about that Micron exhaust though. 

Its period to the Bike and I agree, I am not a huge fan but didn't let it put me off the Bike. Slim pickings nowadays these!

Although I am on the Hunt for an OEM Can, Would also Consider a Yoshimura RS3 Can as they look and sound fantastic on these.

The Yoshimura would suit it much better, assuming it’s not the carbon version, as it more like the original. 

My neighbour has been looking for a 900rr for a couple years of years now but most are abused or silly money for one that isn’t. As you’ll know it’s a hard trying to find the right bike

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

The Yoshimura would suit it much better, assuming it’s not the carbon version, as it more like the original. 

My neighbour has been looking for a 900rr for a couple years of years now but most are abused or silly money for one that isn’t. As you’ll know it’s a hard trying to find the right bike

Yes it would be the Stainless and not the Carbon, Calsport sell them brand new and have them in stock. £300 but a Bike like this warrants it and I wouldn't be looking to sell it on anytime soon.

My Dad has about 8 Bikes including 3 x CBR900RR's, 2 x are identical 1997 RRV's in Yellow/Purple which are both Low Mileage examples but he is reluctant to sell either of them to me and to be honest I am happy with the One I have found, His other is a 1998 RRW but is a Track Bike.

I have missed out on a few examples over the past Year because of bad timing and not been in a position to get to view them due to work commitments.

The Fireblade has Landed!!

Collected the Bike yesterday afternoon from Ripley Derbyshire, Took my time and came back via Alfreton, Clay Cross, Dronfield then Ladybower and Strines.

Couldn't have asked for Nicer Weather apart from the annoying Greenfly's.

The Bike rode faultlessly, Its everything I had hoped for and you can tell its had a good life as its just super tight. Feels/Rides like a new Bike which it should do having covered only 10000 Miles. Sweet Motor, Very flexible and has a lovely Powerband around 7000RPM upwards.

Got stuck in this Morning and began going through the Bike...

: Removed Fairings, Seat, Tank.
: Carried out Full Service, Genuine Honda Oil Filter & Putoline 10w40 Sport 4 Engine Oil, Genuine Air Filter (It had a K&N fitted which looked in good order but I am not a fan of them), Genuine Sub Air Filter, New NGK CR9EH-9 Spark Plugs, Coolant Change using Silkolene Pro Cool.
: Drained the Tank, Will be getting 15 Litres of Fresh Shell V-Power tomorrow.
: Removed the Wheels, Checked the Bearings.
: Removed all Brake Pads, Pistons Cleaned and Pushed Back.
: Removed Front Mudguard for Cleaning, Removed Hugger and Removed Micron Can.
: Fitted Oxford Charging Lead.
: Headers, Rocker Cover Area and Various Other Parts Cleaned. ACF 50 Applied on Headers-Collector, Engine Area and any Vulnerable Parts.

Everything is absolutely spot on thankfully, Pretty much every Bolt I undid had Copper-Grease applied already. It has clearly been looked after. I have only found 1 issue on the Bike and that is on the Carb to Airbox Rubber. One of the M4 x 25mm Screws that tightens the Band is missing. Its a snug fit and with the Airbox Lid Attached cannot go anywhere but I have ordered a New Genuine item which will come Tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning I shall be getting the new Tyres fitted, Cleaning the Front Mudguard, Deep Cleaning the Swingarm area, Fitting the New Genuine Brake Pads, New HEL Braided Hoses and New Brake Fluid obviously, New Gloss Black Pyramid Hugger, New Yoshimura RS3 Stainless Can, New MRA Screen.

All goes to plan and the Weather holds up I will get it out for a Ride on Thursday to make sure I am happy with everything.

Couple of pics...

32906146627_fe48e86488_c.jpg

47850149191_8833056f29_c.jpg

47850148641_294dcc4e6b_c.jpg

Ready for tomorrow...

33972789078_4d071f1fb5_c.jpg

Its finished!

Spent all day Wednesday and most of Yesterday doing the finishing bits on the Fireblade, Even managed a gentle 50 Mile Run out last night.

Did all of the following...

: All Fairings Degreased, Washed, Dried and Polished and refitted
: Fitted the missing Carb to Airbox Bolt
: Removed the Old Brake Hoses, Removed and Cleaned all the Calipers and refitted them
: As mentioned Swingarm Area Deep Cleaned, Chain Cleaned including behind Front Sprocket Cover, Chain adjusters Cleaned and Threads lubricated
: Had 2 x New Bridgestone BT016 Pro Tyres Fitted, Removed old Balance Weight Glue Residue
: All Axles Degreased and New Grease applied, Refitted the Wheels
: Fitted the New Gloss Black Pyramid Hugger
: Fitted some New HEL Braided Hoses
: Fitted New Genuine Brake Pads All-Round, Ceramic Grease used on all Sliders. EBC DOT 4 Brake Fluid used
: New MRA Light Smoke Double Bubble Screen Fitted
: New Yoshimura RS3 Stainless Can Fitted
: Fresh Fuel added
: All Suspension Settings Checked and Adjusted to Stock

Double checked everything, Even used the Torque wrench as I have all the Settings to hand for the Bike.

As said I went out and ended up going over Holme Moss and surrounding areas, The Bike was faultless. Even with the New Tyres and New Brake Pads the Bike inspires confidence. I can see why they where so popular 20 years ago and it seemed to get better with each Mile. Super Sweet engine and it sounds awesome with the Yoshi Can.

Very happy indeed and all my own Work, The Bike will be staying in my ownership for some time and used as a Treat during the summer months only...

46952899445_a05f51e20e_c.jpg

47869094831_9b4cf766ee_c.jpg

47869094771_357ddc97c7_c.jpg

33991740478_1705f9b04b_c.jpg

47869094611_9c4382c88c_c.jpg

47079600244_0ae5a529db_c.jpg

47869094651_634fd07903_c.jpg

47079600104_9f4c32d300_c.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bonelorry said:

Its finished!

Spent all day Wednesday and most of Yesterday doing the finishing bits on the Fireblade, Even managed a gentle 50 Mile Run out last night.

Did all of the following...

: All Fairings Degreased, Washed, Dried and Polished and refitted
: Fitted the missing Carb to Airbox Bolt
: Removed the Old Brake Hoses, Removed and Cleaned all the Calipers and refitted them
: As mentioned Swingarm Area Deep Cleaned, Chain Cleaned including behind Front Sprocket Cover, Chain adjusters Cleaned and Threads lubricated
: Had 2 x New Bridgestone BT016 Pro Tyres Fitted, Removed old Balance Weight Glue Residue
: All Axles Degreased and New Grease applied, Refitted the Wheels
: Fitted the New Gloss Black Pyramid Hugger
: Fitted some New HEL Braided Hoses
: Fitted New Genuine Brake Pads All-Round, Ceramic Grease used on all Sliders. EBC DOT 4 Brake Fluid used
: New MRA Light Smoke Double Bubble Screen Fitted
: New Yoshimura RS3 Stainless Can Fitted
: Fresh Fuel added
: All Suspension Settings Checked and Adjusted to Stock

Double checked everything, Even used the Torque wrench as I have all the Settings to hand for the Bike.

As said I went out and ended up going over Holme Moss and surrounding areas, The Bike was faultless. Even with the New Tyres and New Brake Pads the Bike inspires confidence. I can see why they where so popular 20 years ago and it seemed to get better with each Mile. Super Sweet engine and it sounds awesome with the Yoshi Can.

Very happy indeed and all my own Work, The Bike will be staying in my ownership for some time and used as a Treat during the summer months only...

46952899445_a05f51e20e_c.jpg

47869094831_9b4cf766ee_c.jpg

47869094771_357ddc97c7_c.jpg

33991740478_1705f9b04b_c.jpg

47869094611_9c4382c88c_c.jpg

47079600244_0ae5a529db_c.jpg

47869094651_634fd07903_c.jpg

47079600104_9f4c32d300_c.jpg

Need to move it into the lounge before it gets dirty in the garage.:thinking:

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted the uprated starter motor from the 1290 into my 1190. It’s been sat in my garage for two years waiting to be fitted as you need to drop the engine forward to ease the starter between the cylinders. Sounds more complicated than it is but one bolt that holds the wiring to an engine bracket was a real pig with no access as it was inside the frame against the throttle bodies. It took nearly an hour to get it out 😡 Very relieved when it started first press of the button. 

After a Month of Searching I managed to find another BMW S1000R Sport so the Fireblade now has something to keep it company in the Garage.

I am sure most of you remember what happened with my last One having to go back to BMW and me getting a Full Refund, Well although I only owned the Bike for such a short time I really enjoyed it and decided I was going to have another.

I must have viewed about 10 BMW's over the past Month all a bit rough around the edges but yesterday I was travelling back up the Country after a Weekend at my Dads near Peterborough and called to CMC Motorcycles in Clay Cross Derbyshire as they had literally just put a Bike on their Website which looked like it was worth viewing.

It ticked all the right Boxes, A nice unmolested and Tidy example, All Original apart from an MRA Screen and Radiator Guard. Tyres where Square with 1 Inch Chicken Strips on the edges so its clearly had an easy life.

CMC are Servicing it including a Brake Fluid Change and using Genuine Parts, I also haggled and got Delivery, A pair of new Tyres and £100 off the asking Price. Stands me to £500 less than the last Bike I bought too.

Its a 2016 Model in Red, Gone for the Sport variant again so it has all the toys, 2 Owner Bike, 6000 Miles, Full BMW Service History all done by the Supplying Dealer with 3 Stamps in the Book.

Idea is to have the BMW as a Main Bike to use most of the Year when the Weather allows and for going out with the Lads.

The Fireblade will be used every now and again purely between April and September and as a Treat, Maybe go to the odd Classic Bike show on and for the steadier rides out. This will keep the Mileage down on it and I will enjoy both Bikes more having a choice.

• Like 1