Beavo's SE Fabia, AKA 'Beast'

stevobeavo

Great looking car, on one of your previous pictures did i see that you had puddle lights in your wing mirror or under your door? Or was it just the angle of a light in the background?

Cheers

Great looking car, on one of your previous pictures did i see that you had puddle lights in your wing mirror or under your door? Or was it just the angle of a light in the background?

Cheers

I have both :D

Previous owner fitted them but from what I can see it's all wired in the light at the bottom of the door. I do get some looks from people, especially audi and mercedes drivers :)

I have both :D

Previous owner fitted them but from what I can see it's all wired in the light at the bottom of the door. I do get some looks from people, especially audi and mercedes drivers :)

Cool, ive added alot of things myself like interior and door handle lighting with LED's if you could get me some pics of the puddle lights and things im going to have a look at fitting those as well.

Cheers!

Cool, ive added alot of things myself like interior and door handle lighting with LED's if you could get me some pics of the puddle lights and things im going to have a look at fitting those as well.

Cheers!

I try and get some pictures later today or this evening for you.

Today was the day most people dread......MOT time!!!

Booked the missus car and mine in. Didn't really have a chance to look over mine but as nothing went wrong at brands I figured yeah it's fine.

Girlfriends car got checked over at work and the only thing I could find was a slight noise from the wheel bearing and slight play in the steering arm on the N/S. This was the only thing picked up on by the tester so hers passed with flying colours.

Next up was the beast, after all 3 mechanics had a go of driving my car and stalling :D they finally got it in the workshop and was having quite a look over it!!!

25852300074_187493c366_h.jpg

Well it passed :) , there are a few minor issues with it but after talking to the tester about the car he realized that I can quite easily rectify them so they werent added to the certificate.....as long as I took him for a spin. Which when we came back, he was giggling like a school girl, bit strange for a 55 year old man lol.

The issues were;

O/S headlight is too high and the adjuster is broken - I have a set of hutchy lights to go in though.

N/S driveshalf gaiters need some clamps round them - do that at work.

O/S brake hose is slightly resting on a caplier bolt - again do at work.

They also mentioned about the headlight switch being rather confusing...matter of opinion lol.

No mention of the decat either, dispite the car stinking the workshop out.

• Like 2

I try and get some pictures later today or this evening for you.

Today was the day most people dread......MOT time!!!

Booked the missus car and mine in. Didn't really have a chance to look over mine but as nothing went wrong at brands I figured yeah it's fine.

Girlfriends car got checked over at work and the only thing I could find was a slight noise from the wheel bearing and slight play in the steering arm on the N/S. This was the only thing picked up on by the tester so hers passed with flying colours.

Next up was the beast, after all 3 mechanics had a go of driving my car and stalling :D they finally got it in the workshop and was having quite a look over it!!!

25852300074_187493c366_h.jpg

Well it passed :) , there are a few minor issues with it but after talking to the tester about the car he realized that I can quite easily rectify them so they werent added to the certificate.....as long as I took him for a spin. Which when we came back, he was giggling like a school girl, bit strange for a 55 year old man lol.

The issues were;

O/S headlight is too high and the adjuster is broken - I have a set of hutchy lights to go in though.

N/S driveshalf gaiters need some clamps round them - do that at work.

O/S brake hose is slightly resting on a caplier bolt - again do at work.

They also mentioned about the headlight switch being rather confusing...matter of opinion lol.

No mention of the decat either, dispite the car stinking the workshop out.

Cheers!

Over 6 weeks ago I ordered a bucket seat specially in mind for brands hatch, mainly because even thought the leather seats look lovely, they are rather crap at doing there job and holding you in place. On sprited drives I offen find myself riding up the side bolsters.

4 weeks pass and the runners and side month turn up..... so I ring the company who said dpd have confrimed the order was split and it will be with me the next day.

Of course the next day I make up the runners, remove my seat and do a test fit. All lines up nicely.

26278342286_6d4f1cd7af_h.jpg

Waited the whole day and nothing. Then it was the weekend and the track day. Back to work and I was on the phone to the company who asked what i had actually ordered! After telling me multiple times the warehouse did pack my car in the box I got with the base they then claimed dpd must have 'lost' it.

So I then sent them this with a sarcastic email stating unless sparco sell 'just add water' seats then there is no way a mine was even shipped.

26267648970_4e9006af02_h.jpg

:D

And almost instantly I get a reply 'we are sending a new seat to you right away'

Fast forward 3 days and tadaaaa.

25935394454_04c55f2a0f_h.jpg

And on the side mounts

26267490670_00713df677_h.jpg

26540375145_57fc55ccf7_h.jpg

Which I took off as I sat really high, then sorted my sat belt out and now I seat perfectly, nice and snug.

26452531782_9de5603fc2_h.jpg

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 3

So just going to fit these for track days? I can imagine daily driving would get a bit uncomfortable... Well more so than it already is in that thing haha

Nooo, it's my daily seat now..... :D the things rather comfortable too, and I'm now seating perfectly for toe heeling, something I haven't been able to do since owning fabias (mostly due to having a dodgy ankle and the angle i sit at lol)

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 1

Buckets are so much better for fast cornering, you'll love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even on my commute I could tell they were much better. Could feel what the car was doing much more. Getting out of them is quite fun lol.

• Like 2

After having the seat in the car for a bit and doing some long distance, stop start traffic jams for miles and miles I can honestly say this is one of the best modifications the car has.

The seat is so comfortable, it supports me in all the right places, especially under my legs, there is a lot of cushioning to sit on, it's also just the right width for me, it holds my legs and hips just right.

And with it bottom mounted the seats about 3cm lower than the standard seat on its lowest setting which isn't much but it feels perfect for me.

I only have a few more upgrades left before I think that will be it for Beast.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to having a look at my cv gaiters. Jacked the car up and took the wheel of to find this

26557122340_e2560405f7_b.jpg

Lovely. Turns out that the clip on the inner CV clip was missing and grease had gone all over my nice clean gearbox. The outer one and torn where it meets the driveshalf which coated the arch liner and alloy in grease.

Cut the old ones, such a nice non messy job....

26762263331_5742b6738a_b.jpg

No other pictures as I was rushed due to starting work, but new gaiter all fitted. Was a very cheap one, looks and feels it so no doubt I'll be doing this job again very soon lol.

26762262941_8dce5ce7f2_b.jpg

My new bumper was sent of to be painted, free of charge which is a nice touch and also took the time to clean up my brake, removed a load of built up brake dust on the pistons and put a bit of lubricant on them. Going to repeat it with the other side tomorrow.

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 1

Look what turned up for me today :)

26583829120_ba62688867_b.jpg

26789107851_0ab330bebd_b.jpg

Look at the shiny shiny lol.

Need to order a fog light and new HID kit then I can fit my new bumper and headlights.

Seeing as I got my bumper sprayed for free my boss asked me to look over his megane as he's just come back from a long weekend at the Ring and Spa and has two trackdays next week.

Jacked it up to look over the brakes

26789097741_e7b2c20509_b.jpg

and found this

26822809856_52f9e2a923_b.jpg

On closer inspection it looks like the differential seal is leaking, throwing oil all over the sub frame.

26763976842_eb167de1e9_b.jpg

He's still going to take it on track :D along with his 64 plate 911 GTS and M4

26764125912_180a196347_b.jpg

Must be nice to be rich!!!

• Like 1

Must just be his toy i suppose!

I wouldnt drive it if gearbox oil has been leaking out for X amount of miles though.... at least top the box up if your going to drive it still, at a minimum! and hope no motorbikes follow him around.

Fitted my new dustcaps today. Bit odd some custom jobs ones I've been working on.

26307962993_c0c9bd6193_b.jpg

26303985563_aa86a13022_b.jpg

Put a layer of clearcoat on them to help protect them. The prototype I made up survived brands hatch so fingers crossed these stay on just as well :D

• Like 2

I just found out what you mean with the seats. Lol

Was sliding all over the place at a sprint course yesterday at Curborough. Literally face planted myself against my window and almost in my passenger seat with the twisty bends I had to maneuver round.

Bucket seat is on my list now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I just found out what you mean with the seats. Lol

Was sliding all over the place at a sprint course yesterday at Curborough. Literally face planted myself against my window and almost in my passenger seat with the twisty bends I had to maneuver round.

Bucket seat is on my list now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Imagine what's its like with a differential and semi slicks :D

I can highly recommend the one I have. It's comfortable and holds you very well. Plus it's quite cheap too.

Decided to wash the car on monday as its been a bit neglected this month

The cas wearing 9 month old gyeon cancoat, which is topped up with gyeon cure every 4/6 weeks.

27073488055_25706fc011_b.jpg

27040376446_11b6f16be3_b.jpg

26979133672_70639f20b5_b.jpg

26799032690_032d4d706a_b.jpg

27073460305_6b304c3991_b.jpg

Pointlessly cleaned the exhuast

27005115961_61bf9d9da7_b.jpg

And yesterday 29 miles later.... :D

27021032221_cb9eb3d464_b.jpg

The rest still looking clean :)

27089305285_fffe3b5515_b.jpg

26833391650_12f309a72f_b.jpg

27107664035_f5e12a52b0_b.jpg

I also bought a forge rear strut brace from TevorB33 so fitted that this morning. Very easy to do. Only a 15 minute job.

First up was to remove the side boot trim, the top hole near the seat catch is the one to use.

27039181771_bb84f350e5_b.jpg

Put the trim back in place and Cut a X over the hole. Pull the trim back down and insert the bolt.

27074388776_a55e33eb16_b.jpg

Once the trims over bolt trim any fabric back

26833386140_ed0643f3d6_b.jpg

Poor picture but put the nut on and tighten up and replace the trim.

26503692423_5f5fdd803f_b.jpg

Screw the bar on and adjust it to fit. Tighten up the larger nuts and that it.

27107657905_a19c130c1e_b.jpg

27039188971_a99c006936_b.jpg

from what I've read it should make a bit of difference but I'll test it out over the next few days and update my thread.

• Like 2