Rear ARB for 4x4...GB feeler

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adrian - is this the Jabba item that Stuart has?

If so Im interested but even being a small run, there has to be something more off that price. I was hoping to purchase the front and back bars for that sort of money. :(

Lee

Adrian - is this the Jabba item that Stuart has?

If so Im interested but even being a small run' date=' there has to be something more off that price. I was hoping to purchase the front and back bars for that sort of money. :(

Lee[/quote']

You can get the R32 front ARB for around

It is the same one as per Stuart.....cost is purely down to the fact that the tooling cost has to be taken into consideration...custom jig made.

If there were a bigger market/a lot more 4x4 owners then the price would certainly come down.

R32 front ARB is cheap as chips purely because of the numbers involved and of course, VAG is huge. Hell....the lower strut brace form an S3 is only

It is the same one as per Stuart.....cost is purely down to the fact that the tooling cost has to be taken into consideration...custom jig made.

If there were a bigger market/a lot more 4x4 owners then the price would certainly come down.

R32 front ARB is cheap as chips purely because of the numbers involved and of course, VAG is huge. Hell....the lower strut brace form an S3 is only

Adrian' date=' price of front ARB is for Lee's info, wasn't meant as a comparison to Jabba's price for the rear ARB.

I understand why it's expensive but would just like a bit more info before commiting to spending that amount of cash.[/quote']

No worries Eddy....have asked for extra info for you.

Lee....the clarify the price....this would be for an extermely small run...the number of ARBs made would be the number within the group buy...so a minimum of 5....like I say if there was a mass market for modding 4x4 you can be sure the price would be lower.

Cheers for the info Eddy and Adrian. :)

Adrian - thanks for taking the time to arrange the GB, its much appreciated and I dont want to come across as the party pooper! :o

Im guess im simply thinking that in the past Ive ordered sets of Eibach ARB's front and back for other cars at

Cheers for the info Eddy and Adrian. :)

Adrian - thanks for taking the time to arrange the GB, its much appreciated and I dont want to come across as the party pooper! :o

Im guess im simply thinking that in the past Ive ordered sets of Eibach ARB's front and back for other cars at

Just thought I would add it makes a stunning difference to the handling, totally transforms the car. Its a proper job with Rose jointed ends, none of those soggy rubber bushes.

Jabba took a few piccies of Mine & Im if someone (Adrian) talks nicely to them they will post them.

Just thought I would add it makes a stunning difference to the handling, totally transforms the car. Its a proper job with Rose jointed ends, none of those soggy rubber bushes.
Stuart, what is needed at the front to complement the rear ARB, ie what have you got?

Any more on this? I'm looking to make a purchase soon and trying to decide between this or a haldex controller.

I got a pic but it needs resizing....will post it up tomorrow....don't have time to it at work....ARB doesn't really look like IPTV archtecture. ;)

Internet Protcol TV...not TV to your pc but streaming of live broadcast to your tv via a STB (set-top box) via an ADSL2/2+ network.

HTH. :D

...and that's what the ARB looks like? :confused:

Slightly interested, if not for shipping to NL...

So you would also need a front ARB - and what's the deal with strut braces? *n00b alert* Is it either ARBs or strut braces or can you do both? And if you do just one of them, which one makes better sense, money-wise and/or ride-wise?

Strut braces are no problem here either - I just go to the nearest Audi dealer to get some S3 braces. But what do the ARBs add to that?

Strut braces reduce body flex, e.g. the car twisting between chassis components. ARB's reduce body roll, e.g. the angle the body of the car gets to when cornering; uprated anti-roll bars make the car corner flatter, this means more grip and thus faster cornering.

Yes you can fit the S3 upper and lower brace upfront along with an R32 ARB. AFAIK the rear ARB offered in this GB is the only one available for the 4x4.