Rear ARB for 4x4...GB feeler

Heck thats a stunning looking car, even from the underside ;) ;) ;)
Yes, sight of the 4X4's underside brings me out in goose pimples every time I see one. That's an interesting-looking ARB too. :cool:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any further confirmation/movement on the price Adrian? If it was a bit cheaper I'd defiently be interested but of course I do understand its a very small run and therefore will cost more than a larger production run would to produce.

Cheers

Lee

Any further confirmation/movement on the price Adrian? If it was a bit cheaper I'd defiently be interested but of course I do understand its a very small run and therefore will cost more than a larger production run would to produce.

Cheers

Lee

TBH Lee...I don't think there'll be any movement on price. As you have said it's purely down to the very small numbers of ARB being produced....if an order for 100 ARB came in I'm sure the price would drop.

Will keep everyone up to date on any changes etc.

I'd like to help you blokes but my suspension has only altered by a KW1 kit.

From what I read here, the fitting of this R-ARB will upset the handling unless I alter other bits.

This may well lead to shelling out lodsa the Queens squids, not a easy task in one go.

I'm still waiting for the Blueflame full system to be fitted, thats 500 squids .... straight out the window !!!

Ummmmm ,,,,, still thinking,,,,,,,,,,,, :Kick_Can_

I'd like to hepl you blokes but my suspension has only altered by a KW1 kit.

From what I read here' date=' the fitting of this R-ARB will upset the handling unless I alter other bits.

This may well lead to shelling out lodsa the Queens squids, not a easy task in one go.

I'm still waiting for the Blueflame full system to be fitted, thats 500 squids .... straight out the window !!!

[u']Ummmmm ,,,,, still thinking[/u],,,,,,,,,,,, :Kick_Can_

I have KW V3 and a Neuspeed ARB...it has a 28mm diameter and is setting to the medium setting (it's adjustable).

Car feels very neutral and roll is reduced....haven't had lift off oversteer although I know some have had it with the ARB set on the stiffest setting...with standard suspension. I suspect you may not be as prone to lift off oversteer as the car is lowered....lower centre of gravity.

I admit that I may not actually be driving fast enough to induce lift off oversteer though.

So if im reading this right - using an uprated ARB isnt recommended on an otherwise standard setup?

Im planning on keeping the standard 16's and uprating the ARB's with an R32 front and hopefully the jabba rear -my dampers and springs will also remain standard for a while yet.

Surely if im upgrading both the ARB's, handling should remain neutral? The only time Ive ever 'lost' a car was due to lift off oversteer and I really dont want any chance of that being increasingly likely on this car.

Cheers,

Lee

So if im reading this right - using an uprated ARB isnt recommended on an otherwise standard setup?

Im uprating the ARB's with an R32 front and hopefully the jabba rear' date=' my dampers and springs will also remain standard for a while yet.

Surely if im upgrading both the ARB's, handling should remain neutral? [/quote']

That's the way I see it amigo, front & rear at the same time!

If you do front and rear at the same time you'll be fine. Also as Adrian says with lower stiffer suspension roll is already reduced so the risk of lift off oversteer with just the rear is reduced.

so, now that both front and rear ARBs can be changed on the 4x4, what's the best move for a 4x4 owner contemplating their first suspension change? If I only do one, should I pick new ARBs or new springs/dampers? I imagine if I do the suspension first, then a later upgrade of the ARBs might mean I need to get the suspension adjusted again? On the other hand, upgrading the ARBs sounds like a cheaper first step, would it be better to do that first and then go for expensive suspension upgrades later? All I'm looking for is reduced roll to get the car's handling to the point where I can enjoy A-road driving, and have enough faith in the handling to progress with turbo upgrades etc

Adam.

what's the best move for a 4x4 owner contemplating their first suspension change? Adam.

Go for the lowering first mate, mine is estate & used to sit up like a preying mantis. It was almost possible to fall out the window on tight corners :eek:

But now, it's sorted :thumbup:

I was working on a lorry ramp to-day & took time to inspect the underside of my 4x4.

Blow me down :eek: It's got a rear ARB !!!!! This I never knew,,, LOL

On reading the post's again I can now see mention's of "replacing both ARB's" ,,, LOL & kin LOL

Right, to the point in question.

Are both (R32 front) & (Jabba rear) ARB's a direct replacement for the original's, or does this work require modifications?

Totaly :confused:

One (off post) question.

I noticed evidence of oil below the "sump/gearbox/drive shaft exit" :eek: :eek:

Has anybody had this? Sounds like a rip-off price dealer job to me!!!

Hi guys, hopefully Im not taking this too off topic by quickly asking about the front R32 ARB to match the Jabba rear - I have tried PM'ing a couple of members who may know the answer to this (btw Cheers for the reply as always Stuart :thumbup: ) but I need clarification of which of the two listed front ARB's is the correct match for the Jabba rear.

Is it the 21mm

I'd like my rear ARB asap so is anyone else interested or Just Lee, Bengie and Myself?

If anyone is tentative could they post to say so to give Adrian an idea of if the numbers are gonna change anytime soon.