Oil Spray Jet (Squirters) Replacement 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132 - 136 kw Twincharger.

Not using 5w 30 (vw504 00) is a very good idea with a Twincharger, using 5w 40 (vw 502 00)  is a rather good idea if you want to have a long living engine 

or less oil consumption.

Just anecdotal evidence & not scientific obviously just from mine and others experience..

for hard evidence and research papers you need vxh26's expertise in internet searching to get numbers.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

I would agree the Quantum Lomg Life stuff is useless, especially if you do shorter trips. In fact, it's ironic that they call it "long life" as you have no chance of most of it getting old, because you are constantly topping it up... :devil:

Ordered some Liqui Moly Top Tec 4200 5w30 from eBay for £39 (5L) to give it a try and see if its any good. From what I have read across the web alot of people rate it. If its no good ill go back to Shell Ultra Helix or try the LM 5w40 equivalent. :notme:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Old thread I know but just trying to find some information regards to the oil jets being replaced, was this done as a recall? Only my Fabia drinks oil and the soot on the rear end is daily you'd think it was a diesel. I remember years back I called into skoda asking about the soot to be told the mrs isn't driving it correctly and needs basically hammering to clear it.

Thanks

Dan

Hi All,

Old thread I know but just trying to find some information regards to the oil jets being replaced, was this done as a recall? Only my Fabia drinks oil and the soot on the rear end is daily you'd think it was a diesel. I remember years back I called into skoda asking about the soot to be told the mrs isn't driving it correctly and needs basically hammering to clear it.

Thanks

Dan

No Recall, but VW eventually went back and used the oil jets from the earlier VW Scirocco  CAVD engine.  Majority of cars are out of warranty & you have to negotiate with skoda. Any 'Goodwill' has ended 5 years after the manufacture date of the car.

^^^ Says Skoda, Audi, SEAT & VW.  But it never was Goodwill, just corporate responsibility because they built and sold vehicles with Fundamental Design & Manufacturing Faults, 

Component Selection and Software failings and did nothing other than experiment on fixes then discontinue the CAVE engine and replace with the CTHE.

So you get an Independent Expert Report & a Solicitor and if you want take the VW Group to court.

They could try and defend an action against them and give an answer to the percentage of failures they had with CAVE engines 2009-2012 when discontinued and then since 

and failures of CAVE engines they replaced.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Bump.

How are those getting on that had replacement Oil Spray jets replaced, do you still have the car and not using oil?

The other thread on 'Squirters'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/341062-cave-oil-consumption-new-fix-updated-two-days-ago-by-vag 

Definitely worked for me on the oil front. still at top of dipstick 6 months on, looks like i will make a full year 4-5K miles without any top ups.

• Like 1

It's funny. Mine uses no or very little oil for the first 3,000km after a service, then it starts going though it as the oil gets a bit older, especially if I have many short journeys. It also accelerates the rate of use as the level gets lower. 

• Like 1

Kobayashi,  considering if you had a Low Oil light or message there was likely only 2.4 litres oil in or less in an engine that has a manufacturers given quantity 

of 3.6 litres that is not surprising if you put in only 250ml when 1200ml or more was needed to get back to the correct level.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/230124-low-oil-warning 

PS.

Read the Owners Manual,

& this applies not just to Fabias

Opening the Bonnet for more than 30 seconds & doing nothing is enough to put the Low Oil warning light out for 100km (62 miles).

a-suv_yeti_ownersmanual.pdf

Page 25, Oil warning lights. Low oil pressures / red.  Low oil lever / yellow & Opening the bonnet puts out warning light..

Edited by Awayoffski

yeah it was 1 week before major service back in August 16. Knew it was gonna get drained then filled again then drained again 1 week after that for the consumption test. Now its not using a drop so saving £120 per year based on castrol edge prices.

Now that you no longer have an Oil user and want to run it trouble free maybe best to stop spending on Castrol / Quantum at a service and buy 4 litres of VW502 00 and give VW504 00 long life oil a swerve. It does no good in a twincharger for fixed or worse variable servicing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

Now that you no longer have an Oil user and want to run it trouble free maybe best to stop spending on Castrol / Quantum at a service and buy 4 litres of VW502 00 and give VW504 00 long life oil a swerve. It does no good in a twincharger for fixed or worse variable servicing.

has anyone tried shell helix on a twin charger ?