Oil Spray Jet (Squirters) Replacement 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132 - 136 kw Twincharger.

18 hours ago, thomasaspin said:

has anyone tried shell helix on a twin charger ?

I have tried it in mine. You can get some good deals on it at opie oils:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68976-shell-helix-ultra-5w-40-pure-plus-fully-synthetic-engine-oil-recommended-by-ferrari.aspx

Get a 1 litre plus a free pouch for the boot.

It wasn't a bad oil, it just didn't seem to make that much of a difference in terms of consumption.

One oil I am trying at the moment is this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liqui-Moly-8973-Top-Tec-4200-5W30-Engine-Oil-5-Litre-/262913691862?hash=item3d36e090d6:g:TZkAAOSwmgJY2nPe

Aparently it is very popular in Germany at the moment along and I have read that it is known to reduce consumption better than most oils. I have done around 600 miles since my service and no drop so far. I am no oil expert but I have noticed it has improve the performance slightly on my GTI and it seems to run smoother.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bump for the member asking about Oil Spray Jet replacement pictures.

Sorry there are non here i am afraid, but there were someplace in the Mk2 Section by a member that had them done.

Maybe a link in this thread or maybe in some of the many others.   

Best i can do.

As to the success rate of Squirters, that mod is not always a success, but others say it did the job.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/07/2015 at 16:51, BigEjit said:

Added from the oil comsumption sticky for info,

Having recently had the squirter fix on our Fab, It appears to have sorted out the issue.

Car details, March 13 registered with CTHE engine built November 12.

We bought it this year in February.

Oil consumption before fix:-

07/02/15 17127m Serviced
14/03/15 17627m 1/2 full
24/03/15 18023m Amber Light on - refill to full (+2ltrs)
06/04/15 18173m 3/4 full
10/04/15 18500m 1/2 full
15/04/15 18688m 1/4 full

24/04/15 Visit to dealers for Oil consumption test.

During the consumption test, the engine light appeared 4 times during pull aways and misfired on 3 separate occasions.

A 12v data logger was fitted at the start of the test and logged 166 key starts over 400 miles on its usual school, shopping and commuter rounds through the suburbs.

Excessive oil use confirmed by the dealership and Squirter update completed 10 June.

Since the fix on the same stop/start driving routine

Barely any noticeable usage of oil in 400+ miles

No visible oil spots across the back of the car

No heavy exhaust smoke during pull-away from standstill or low rev, high torque accelerations.

No misfires or engine lights.

Now I have to fight the missus for the car keys.

Hi there.

Can you tell me, did Skoda UK pay for replacing the squirters under warranty?  They're telling me that its not covered and are offering only 20% goodwill...  Thanks.

^^^?

Have i got this right, you had an extended warranty, there was an official Oil Consumption Test and you were told the Oil Consumption use was borderline too high.

Nothing was done, now you have another Oil Consumption Test and Skoda UK will offer 20% towards near £800 for the Oil Spray Jet upgrade.

The Warranty Provider are at it, Skoda UK are at it, and the Oil Spray Jet Upgrade might be money wasted.

So when was your car built, how many miles done when you bought it and now?

?

Have you got the Official Oil Consumption Test result, in writing, first test and most recent results.   Get your Warranty Claim in, not Goodwill or any such crap, 

engine part failures,  yes there are known issues, Skoda knows, but they provided an Extended Warranty knowing what can go wrong.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul5000 said:

Hi there.

Can you tell me, did Skoda UK pay for replacing the squirters under warranty?  They're telling me that its not covered and are offering only 20% goodwill...  Thanks.

The original 3 year warranty was in place and they got done on that. No costs to pay at the time.

Its not a total fix though. Along with using slightly thicker oil, it has slowed down the rate of consumption, stopped the oil spots on the back hatch, and smoke cloud on hard acceleration. Still have to add some oil a couple of times a year But that’s manageable. 

• Like 1

Tried to get look at the TPI for this squirter fix when i paid for it to be done, The service guy was having none of it, that was 2 years ago,

basically its a part from Cavd SCIRROCO engine, doesnt work if damage already done to engine valves

an old post but has the codes for the oil jets

03C103157A.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've just had a price for this from Skoda near Southend. Almost £700!! 

Thinking of trying to do it myself. Just need to find out if the oil pan is seal with a gasket or some kind of gasket.