Under seat storage

Having come from from owning a mk3 seat Leon I was very surprised that the octavia vrs doesn't have the under seat storage boxes. I have found these very useful in the past with the Leon and the golf so don't really understand why skoda doesn't fit them or offer them as an option. I have found some on super skoda and was wondering if anyone had any experience with fitting them .

The MY16 VRS just has an open slot to fit a Hi-Viz into under both the driver and front passenger seats on the optional VRS Leather seats.

Edited by Prykey

Is the UK car meant to come with the HiViz jacket? Mine doesn't seem to have them.

Also no under seat storage box (other than this open slot under each seat for the hi-viz jacket) on my MY16 SE L

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Is the UK car meant to come with the HiViz jacket? Mine doesn't seem to have them.

Also no under seat storage box (other than this open slot under each seat for the hi-viz jacket) on my MY16 SE L

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

I don't think so as they are not a legal requirement here, its the same with warning triangle and first aid kit normally a location for them (at least for the warning triangle).

The Hi-viz vest was discussed a few months back. Not included as standard on UK cars.

And the recess for a warning triangle isn't wide enough, at least for mine.

• Like 1

Having come from from owning a mk3 seat Leon I was very surprised that the octavia vrs doesn't have the under seat storage boxes. I have found these very useful in the past with the Leon and the golf so don't really understand why skoda doesn't fit them or offer them as an option. I have found some on super skoda and was wondering if anyone had any experience with fitting them .

You can retrofit them although they are quite expensive (note: cannot be fitted in conjunction with electric seats):

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-storage-box-under-the-RIGHT-seat-original-Skoda

and

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-storage-box-under-the-LEFT-seat-original-Skoda

Hi

Just to let you know, these are not expensive, they are available from Skoda parts dept. easy to fit, so long as you have the correct socket to unbolt the seat runners, and just push them back and fitting the under seat boxes is not a problem. I have them fitted on both sides on my vRs, Monte and the wife's Roomster!!

I hope this helps.

Steve

Hi

Just to let you know, these are not expensive, they are available from Skoda parts dept. easy to fit, so long as you have the correct socket to unbolt the seat runners, and just push them back and fitting the under seat boxes is not a problem. I have them fitted on both sides on my vRs, Monte and the wife's Roomster!!

I hope this helps.

Steve

How much you pay for them? Are they worth it and what can you fit in them?

Don't try unbolting the seats with a torx head drive. They are spline heads. ...

Would the correct driver be the "FREE installing hardware with 6EUR value !!!" mentioned on the Superskoda site, I wonder?

Would the correct driver be the "FREE installing hardware with 6EUR value !!!" mentioned on the Superskoda site, I wonder?

Hopefully. But I suspect the hardware is just a couple of fixing screws and not the tool to fix them with.

Very unlikely as Iamholam states the fixing screws you require to fix the boxes to the seat bottom, the special bit to remove the seats is a Splined bit which VAG seem to use more than most why they mix Splined with Torx I'll never understand :S

I have to say though I can't see how these will fit vehicles with the slot for the Hi Viz as normally you remove the front panel of the plastic seat base and replace it with the box and I don't remember there being much of a seat base.

Edited by Prykey

Ironically, I want to remove mine so I can fit fire extinguisher, but I am too lazy :D

I had one in Yeti, none in Octy. Nice, but not necessary,IMHO.

I put the fire extinguisher in the boot, not ideal, but it is there with warning triangle and first aid kit. Under the both seats are the HV vests.

Hi Prykey, I'd expect the screws to be part of the kit. In a perfect world!

A similar thing is the sill guards, the instructions say you need a template supplied separately so the guards line up OK. (You can actually get by without the template.)

But I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to order one...

and then find you have to spend a tenner on the proper driver...

I think the lidded box would replace the open box, maybe?

Yes too about VAG mixing the different heads, it's like all the Chinese electronic stuff needing a triangular-headed screwdriver.

Anyone have a Skoda part number for these left and right?

I had a look tonight and you maybe able to fit without seat removal.....fiddley but possible with patience.

Any ideas what meant by

"- OEM part is not delivered with the box, so we will give it to you FOR FREE !!!"

Anyone have a Skoda part number for these left and right?

I had a look tonight and you maybe able to fit without seat removal.....fiddley but possible with patience.

Any ideas what meant by

"- OEM part is not delivered with the box, so we will give it to you FOR FREE !!!"

A very nimble friend of mine fitted them in my Fabia Monte Carlo Tech it involved raising the seat to its highest setting and moving it backward and forwards to gain access to the screws (with Torx heads) that you need to remove to fit the boxes. He spent most of the time lying upside down in the rear of the car but got there in the end. Unfortunately he lives in Norfolk so I can't loan him to you :D

• Like 1

Hi Prykey, I'd expect the screws to be part of the kit. In a perfect world!

A similar thing is the sill guards, the instructions say you need a template supplied separately so the guards line up OK. (You can actually get by without the template.)

But I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to order one...

and then find you have to spend a tenner on the proper driver...

I think the lidded box would replace the open box, maybe?

Yes too about VAG mixing the different heads, it's like all the Chinese electronic stuff needing a triangular-headed screwdriver.

Very true, however I didn't for the ones for the Fabia and I found that you actually require 3 for each box rather than the 2 for each box that they state (they are 20p each). 

Very true, however I didn't for the ones for the Fabia and I found that you actually require 3 for each box rather than the 2 for each box that they state (they are 20p each).

The high viz box has x2 screws, the storage box has ×4 screws.

The MY16 VRS just has an open slot to fit a Hi-Viz into under both the driver and front passenger seats on the optional VRS Leather seats.

Same for the standard seats in the SE-L, no boxes, just hi viz holders in both front seats