Who has had their twincharger longest?

I know quite a few posters are onto their second vRS (and a number are onto multiple engines... :( ), but who has had the same car the longest?

I'll kick off with three years and eight months.

• Like 1

Some people are likely to be heading towards 5 years of ownership, George being one of them, on the original engine no less?

I've had mine for 2 years 5 months, having served 6 months as a demonstrator before I bought it.

Not me.  Maybe 'Newbe69' a CAVE,

skarkrider, furbytom, vrskeith and others will have had vRS much longer but different cars CAVE & CTHE.

i have only had them for 3 years and a bit.

I have one of the oldest, but Brian has one of the first built and Nath.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Mine was first registered 30/09/10 (although as George pointed out to me at the Pod the engine is May 2010) and I bought the car at the beginning of November 2011.

Sorry OT Again.

Skoda Australia have had to Upgrade Your Oil Spray Jets and do a 'Recall' on your DSG, so ask them nicely 

to extend your Warranty',  You are in the sort of World Region (Climates) where they accepted Issues were possible and

they Extended Warranties.

My car was a Horton's Demo ,think it was registered July 2010,I did the deal with my MK1 VRS SE in October 2010. Border line Oil car but a beauty!! FR10 MXA.

Went through 2 Oil consumption test and was okay - No Breather fitted. PX @ 28000 MILES. approx. 2.5 years ownership.

https://btmail.bt.com/cp/applink/mail/Downloader?dhid=attachmentDownloader&messageId=61&accountName=DefaultMailAccount&folderPath=skoda%20uk&contentDisposition=attachment&attachmentIndex=2&contentSeed=91d89&pct=23d90&contentDisposition=attachment&u=keith.morris06&d=btinternet.com&t=72d49

https://btmail.bt.com/cp/applink/mail/Downloader?dhid=attachmentDownloader&messageId=61&accountName=DefaultMailAccount&folderPath=skoda%20uk&contentDisposition=attachment&attachmentIndex=7&contentSeed=d1261&pct=1985d&contentDisposition=attachment&u=keith.morris06&d=btinternet.com&t=72d49

Apology if the photos are not accessible

PX it with an Octavia vrs mk2 BE -their Demo car. See the pattern emerging.April 2013.

My Partner acquired her's in November 2011 ,her car was a demo registered July 2011 Engine changed at 43000 April 2014.

Px for her 2nd Fabia vRS MK2 May 2014 - very high spec CTHE now has 28000 miles on the clock, was acquired with 6000 miles on the clock and she loves it and I get to drive in for fun regularly.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

I think mine was first registered July or August 2011, and I bought the car 20th December 2011 with 28 miles on the clock. So it had obviously sat there for a bit. Original engine, on about 47000 miles.

• Like 1

First vRS  had 3 years from new, CAVE engined. Sept.2010 No engine replacements and not a drop of oil used.

Second vRS had since Sept. 2013 CTHE engined. No engine replacement so far but definitely an oil user when I drive it hard, which I do regularly in Sports mode.

One thing for sure is that the CTHE is definitely more powerful so I guess I can forgive the moderate oil usage for the wider grin on the face  :D

• Like 2

Sorry OT Again.

Skoda Australia have had to Upgrade Your Oil Spray Jets and do a 'Recall' on your DSG, so ask them nicely 

to extend your Warranty',  You are in the sort of World Region (Climates) where they accepted Issues were possible and

they Extended Warranties.

Extended warranty is next to impossible to get from the factory, and the car is (hopefully) fixed, so I doubt they'll do that. It didn't have a DSG recall either, as it supposedly had the right oil in it already (could have been changed on the quiet, perhaps).

• Like 1

The Extended Warranty is not provided by the Factory, but by the Importers VIA Skoda Australia's Customer Services.

Same thing in the End really,  (as in the UK ), Skoda Australia, Skoda CZ,  Volkswagen Group Germany, their Warranty Underwritten.

There is no need for it to be a Formal Warranty, as long as Goodwill is Guaranteed, and all Verbal Promises are Confirmed in Writing,

In other words, Skoda Australia are putting a Warranty on the Engine and Gearbox.

Admitting they had failings, and they attempted a fix, and if once the Manufacturers Warranty Expires they will continue to cover 

the cost of their Fundamental Design & Manufacturing Faults.

PS

It does seem that the first Build CTHE have a DSG Matted to a DSG (DQ200) that has Mineral Oil in.

Later CTHE still needed the change done from Synthetic.

Which CAVE engines had a DSG Mated to it an Mineral or Synthetic oil filled at the factory seems to be a Mystery 

know only to Volkswagen / Skoda, or not known.

It is a pity they do not issue the Serial Numbers / VIN series so that owners can check 

rather than just trust to the Dealers checking.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

The question should read more like. Who is planning on keeping their VRS after the factory warranty runs out? 4 weeks left to go on mine. Far to many motorsport events planned to get rid of it yet.

• Like 1

The Warranties on the engines were out the window when you Remapped them anyway,

but funnily a member did get a Replacement Engine with just a small contribution towards the cost and he got a cracking engine.

Running out of Manufacturers Warranty is not really an issue if you know you have a good engine & DSG,

& if you were as sure as you could be that you had a good one before remapping.

If in doubt then best get a Good Warranty running when the Manufacturers Warranty Expires.

The question should read more like. Who is planning on keeping their VRS after the factory warranty runs out? 4 weeks left to go on mine. Far to many motorsport events planned to get rid of it yet.

That is the question, I've got 2 more months left on mine, no plans to get rid

my warrenty is out in April next year, I will be keeping mine, and I will be modifying the engine ;)