Another mk3 in the family, but....

So after getting a chance to drive my car around for a couple of days my dad has decided to join the Fabia fold, having put down a deposit on a Rallye Green SE 1.2TSI 110, however...

It's a stock order, no options, didn't need a factory order to be placed as was ordered 2nd week of June to replace an aging Astra that's around 13 years old (that was new as well but my dad doesn't change cars that often)

Dealership said as the vehicle was already available in the UK it would be available within 10 days, which was awesome as the old car is on its last legs. However it's now almost a month later and there has been no progress in it's arrival and my parents have had to go on holiday in the old banger which wasn't ideal as were advised not to go on long journeys due to the engine being rather crook.

Originally promised 10 days, then changed to 15 days, now they aren't as interested saying back logs are holding up delivery. Dads now chasing them instead of them keeping him informed.

My question is, how long should it take for a stock car to arrive to the dealership, and be available for collection if it's already in the UK, I would of thought pushing a month was taking the michael somewhat, paperwork says est date of delivery was 29th June, supposedly it's still at port.

I would say your purchasing experience is SO poor that you should cancel your order and buy elsewhere. Of course the dealer does not want to correspond with you because they know they only have bad news or no news. The question (not that it is really a question) is "do they give a flying EFF?" you having parted with deposit and all...? NO.

Next call to them should be to invite them to confirm or deny this summmary of your experience..

Any UK stock should be delivered to the dealer within a week. It takes one whole day (with meal breaks) to drive from Land's End to John O'Groats..

my car wasn't built when I ordered it on 8th May and it is being delivered today. My current Yeti was sitting in Emden when I bought it in 2011 and it was on my driveway 8 days later.

• Like 1

It's a stock order, no options, 

Dealership said as the vehicle was already available in the UK it would be available within 10 days,

Originally promised 10 days, then changed to 15 days, now they aren't as interested saying back logs are holding up delivery. Dads now chasing them instead of them keeping him informed.

My question is, how long should it take for a stock car to arrive to the dealership, and be available for collection if it's already in the UK, I would of thought pushing a month was taking the michael somewhat, paperwork says est date of delivery was 29th June, supposedly it's still at port.

Maybe it's been damaged and it's being repaired,

• Like 2

'And the Dealer is?'  an ar5e,  or the Employees are.    Call and speak to the Dealer Principal.

There are Skoda Dealerships sitting with cars available from Stock that can have one for you by Friday.

Maybe call Skoda UK Customer Services, ask for a Customer Services Manager,

Tell them the Story, 

& ask that person to let you know where a 'New Car' is in the UK, ready to Register and be delivered.

08457 745 745

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Mine took two weeks to get from the UK port to the dealer, and that was delayed.

A week to 10 days is the normal lead time.

The very fact that the dealer doesn't really want to talk about it, speaks volumes i'm afraid.

I would honestly cancel the order and go elsewhere.

If they are that bad at selling a car, imagine if there is a problem into ownership.

Ditch and switch!

as you are in the land of concrete cows, skoda uk head office is round the corner I think :)

Ha Ha, when I had trouble with delivery of a Ford, I took my very young teething daughter into the local Ford regional office without an appointment, they saw me quite quickly and I heard transferred their "pain" across to my lazy car salesman - oh he went on to sell Skodas after he was moved out, met in in a restaurant a year or so later and he jokingly claimed I was why he changed marques, maybe he was right!

as you are in the land of concrete cows, skoda uk head office is round the corner I think :)

it is indeed, I know well as i'm trying to get my mirrorlink woes sorted as well to no avail.

no names mentioned but you can probably guess which dealership it is, I had no real troubles with my car give them their dues as mine got delivered within 8 weeks from factory (I like my options)

Port of Tyne has a massive VW group landing and holding compound, mine came in here on the Nordic Ace just over 2 weeks ago.

Nissan ship all their cars out from the south side of the Tyne, it's also where there imported models come in, Renault also use it too.

took delivery on Monday, it arrived at the showroom last Wednesday, being a stock car it appears like it was built prior to wk22 as no smartlink, just normal mirrorlink according to playing around with the bolero unit.

Interesting discussion about stock cars

I have had mine for about 8 weeks now so this information could be out of date.

When I ordered mine the dealer said it was an unallocated car and was in the UK at Hull.

However he was reluctant to give a delivery date as he was in the hands of Skoda UK who now allocated the distribution to dealers.

At one time he was able to talk to the delivery company direct but the dealers could no longer do that.

It took 4 weeks for the car to get from Hull to my dealer in Manchester.

Following the other comments in the forum and the fiasco with Mirror link it would appear that Skoda UK are also treating the dealers as mushrooms

John