The "I'm happy with my VRS" topic

Im reasonably happy even though I have had some issues and currently awaiting parts again. Metal Grey really suits the vrs especially when clean a shiny

I'm in the same boat with mine if I'm honest.

I loved my Volvo which I came from into the vrs.

I didn't think anything could better it but so far I can't find a single thing that the vrs does badly. The seats could be comfier but Volvo are renowned for their seat comfort so it always had big shoes to fill.

It's just a really good competent all rounder.

Very happy with my choice.

• Like 1

Love mine - it is the best car I've ever had, and for the company car budget and spec I have to fit in is defo the best. A few issues but all sorted and all other cars I've had have had similar issues also.

Only thing I'd change is I'd go for the metal grey now having seen one in the flesh, but black was right decision at the time (had 3 previous grey cars)

Oh and I still can't get over how much room the boot has

• Like 2

Had a few niggles with mine but quite happy to keep it for a another year or two. I will never love it like my Subaru's (they were special), but it has a certain character and practicality that places the VRS above most of my other cars.

Yep I'm super happy too after nearly a year. I still look forward to driving it, and every time I drive a hire car I want to go back to the trusty VRS - it just does everything well and the TSI engine is such flexible and fun thing it suits any mood.

Over the moon with mine, collected 3rd April 15.

Had no issues at all, oh apart from a broken floor mat clip for the passenger mat!

But I think I can live with it until Dealer service time.

Only had mine just over a week but extremely happy with it came from a Greenline so the difference in power is pretty big. Loved my previous Octavia so much knew I wanted another just wanted a bit more grunt.

• Like 1

So far mines has had 2 passenger side front wheel bearings, one drivers side wheel bearing, now it needs 2 automatic boot struts which are on back order and a new Windscreen due to it cracking

Its not a vRS but v pleased with mine. Its done just over 26k trouble free miles in about 17 months and really hasnt put a foot wrong apart from a faulty boot bulb.

Residual value of the thing is appaling and my single big disappointment; but otherwise its brill, a bit dull perhaps but v robust and capable.

Almost 1 year, 10,500 miles, and i (and the wife) still absolutely adore my TDi DSG vRS.

It ticks every box we needed, and a couple more besides.

I'd happily recommend one to anyone!

I've had my Metal Grey Octavia VRS TDi estate for less than 48 hours and have only covered 80 miles so far but so far so good. It reminds me of my Audi A4 Avant TDi 130 Sport (same colour as well) in it's power delivery and acceleration. The VRS will get a good run on Friday when I have an approximate 470 mile round trip from Midlothian to Isle of Skye to drop SWMBO and kids at her mothers for 3 weeks.

The only thing that does concern me slightly is the range is saying only 370 miles with a full tank of diesel where my previous two cars (the Audi and a BMW 318d M Sport) both showed a range of 550 miles with a full tank of diesel.

I've had my Metal Grey Octavia VRS TDi estate for less than 48 hours and have only covered 80 miles so far but so far so good. It reminds me of my Audi A4 Avant TDi 130 Sport (same colour as well) in it's power delivery and acceleration. The VRS will get a good run on Friday when I have an approximate 470 mile round trip from Midlothian to Isle of Skye to drop SWMBO and kids at her mothers for 3 weeks.

The only thing that does concern me slightly is the range is saying only 370 miles with a full tank of diesel where my previous two cars (the Audi and a BMW 318d M Sport) both showed a range of 550 miles with a full tank of diesel.

Couple of things.....

The vRS only has a 50l tank so does impede its useful range.

Also the reserve on the TDI's is vast (a good several litres of fuel) so when its on zero range....the reality is the car will likely carry on for another 60/80 miles driven sensibly before it actually runs out. They have done this I believe to prevent the associated issues of running a diesel out of fuel (air locks, crap dragged into fuel system etc).

Daft I know but VAG must seem some logic in the changes. Id rather it had a 55/60l tank myself :-)

• Like 1

Couple of things.....

The vRS only has a 50l tank so does impede its useful range.

Also the reserve on the TDI's is vast (a good several litres of fuel) so when its on zero range....the reality is the car will likely carry on for another 60/80 miles driven sensibly before it actually runs out. They have done this I believe to prevent the associated issues of running a diesel out of fuel (air locks, crap dragged into fuel system etc).

Daft I know but VAG must seem some logic in the changes. Id rather it had a 55/60l tank myself :-)

Cheers for that pipsyreturns. A quick check shows the Audi A4 has a 70 litre tank and the BMW has a 63 litre tank. I agree, a bigger tank would be better. Even the VW Golf has a 60 litre fuel tank

Cheers for that pipsyreturns. A quick check shows the Audi A4 has a 70 litre tank and the BMW has a 63 litre tank. I agree, a bigger tank would be better. Even the VW Golf has a 60 litre fuel tank

No worries at all. Just FYI I am sure the Mk7 Golfs are also similarly afflicted....the only variants getting a larger tank are the 4x4/Scout and the Golf Alltrack which remains @ 55l

Had mine around 14 months. Only fault I had was no rim protection on the tyres, as a lot of others have found to their cost. Alloygators have helped there until I change the tyres.

Just been told my 3 week old car's oil leak wasn't cured with a new pipe so they're replacing the whole turbo... except they aren't because they're on back order. I've told them they need to get me out of this god awful Sharan DSG which tries to get me killed every time I pull out into busy traffic (it crawls forwards putting me in the path of a speeding truck usually, takes a couple of seconds to find the right gear and then opens up the taps and screams its knackers off). Picking up a temporary Octavia manual TDI at lunch time...

Hi everyone,

I have been absent for some time from the forum for a very simple reason:

After 4 months of ownership and nearly 9000kms I just can't find anything wrong with my VRS TDI (built week 5/15) that's worth complaining or writing about.

Sure the mpg isn't what it's claimed (partly my own fault), it could be a tad faster (but then I should have gone for the TSI), the side park sensors tend to go off when stuck in traffic when a truck releases his airbrakes or for no reason at all. The car gets dirty. While people tend to get out of its way, flies seem to be attracted to it in a suicidal kinda way.

But it has been a very reliable machine: has gotten us to where we wanted and has swallowed all the luggage that we have thrown at it.

Apologies, I'm pretty sure there's a similar topic already on here I just can't find it anymore. But seeing that most people only come to forums to find help with some issues it’s just as important for potential buyers to see that most of us are actually quite happy with it :)

Cheers

oh and Metally Grey still rocks

Got one in hatch and love my choosing the metal grey....got the autoglynn polish and mmmm looks as good as any after a wash..and she sure does get admired by all and sundry:)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What happened ?

Believe 73henny fell foul to the boost pressure sensor issue thats now relatively well known on 184 TDI's twice.

Bad luck as I see it but guess he saw just cause to get rid of the car.

I've had my Metal Grey Octavia VRS TDi estate for less than 48 hours.The VRS will get a good run on Friday when I have an approximate 470 mile round trip from Midlothian to Isle of Skye to drop SWMBO and kids at her mothers for 3 weeks..

Cracking driving road! Do you head for Stirling and join the A82 or up the A9 and across country at Dalwhinnie?

Our car hasn't arrived yet but I'll hopefully contribute to this thread soon enough with a similar journey. My in laws are also on Skye (Staffin) so the first decent drive in the VRS will be a good one!!

Cracking driving road! Do you head for Stirling and join the A82 or up the A9 and across country at Dalwhinnie?

Our car hasn't arrived yet but I'll hopefully contribute to this thread soon enough with a similar journey. My in laws are also on Skye (Staffin) so the first decent drive in the VRS will be a good one!!

I head up the A9 to Dalwhinnie then across to Spean Bridge. The kids used to get car sick almost every journey and the A84 around Loch Lubnaig were a bit twisty for them.

Drove up to Skye (actually Raasay) & back yesterday and the fuel warning light came on coming along the Edinburgh bypass (around 4 miles from home) saying range was down to 60 miles. Tank took 42 litres to fill again & gauge was reporting a fuel consumption figure of 52mpg.

• Like 2

I had my one 18 months still love it...

I love the power.. just put your foot down and bye bye to any one be hide you..

Had few problems...

Water pump change due to over heating

My sun blind on the sunroof has broken off it plastic clips both sides.. some how i need to take the whole blind off, I did speak to a dealer last year he said £1000.00 to change it.. 

Just got back from the Cornwall today been there 2 weeks done 1,300 miles over all 53 mpg, best was on a 20 miles ride 72 mpg 

Left Cornwall with 400 miles in tank.. drove 300 miles home still had 225 miles in tank

Edited by baz555