Rapid Spaceback Scoutline

I've been driving one of these for the past 9 months. Admittedly it has 15" alloys and no plastic skirting, but it looks from afar like a scoutline with such large arch gaps :D .

Edited by RocketRapid
  • Like 2

Always thought the Spaceback would make a very good Scout but while real 4x4 would make it an excellent alternative to the growing range of small Fiat 4x4, I cannot see VAG producing anything other than a conventional 2wd if they do build it.

TP

Read the spec NO 4x4

Strength: ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback ScoutLine sports elegant outdoor look. Distinctive plastic exterior fixtures, 16- or 17-inch alloy wheels. ScoutLine version for all Rapid Spaceback engines and colours.
ŠKODA’s emotional appeal is reinforced with the release of the latest version ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback with the ScoutLine accessory package. The main features of the model include its powerful outdoor-look, distinctive plastic exterior fixtures, 16- or 17-inch alloy wheels and additional design elements. The special edition will be heading to dealerships in selected markets throughout Europe during July. The ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback, introduced in autumn 2013, has been doing exceptionally well on the market, with ŠKODA selling 72,400 Spacebacks in 2014 – a ninefold increase on the previous year. 

The ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback was ŠKODA’s first hatchback to be released in the high-volume compact segment two years ago, expanding the Czech brand’s model range between the ŠKODA Fabia and the ŠKODA Octavia. The model is becoming increasingly more popular among younger consumer groups with its dynamic and fresh design and practical ŠKODA qualities. In 2014, ŠKODA also added the sporty ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback Monte Carlo to the series. 

Since its launch on the European market, ŠKODA has sold over 105,000 ŠKODA Rapid Spacebacks. “The combination of ŠKODA’s practical features and fresh designs have convinced a great number of customers,” says ŠKODA Board Member for Sales and Marketing, Werner Eichhorn. “We plan to build on this success with the ScoutLine edition.” 

The new ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback ScoutLine reinforces the emotional appeal of the Czech car manufacturer. At first glance, the package scores with its adventurous appearance. The front and rear bumpers are finished in a distinctive matte-black, with reflective silver running through. Matte -black textured plastic fixtures protect the sides of the vehicle, running along the doorsills and wheel arches. 

The package comes either silver 16-inch ‘Rock’ or 17-inch ‘Camelot’ alloy wheels. Theexterior mirror housings have a reflective silver finish. The full range of ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback exterior colours are available for latest version of the model, including the fleet colour ‘pistachio green’. 

With the exception of the GreenLine engines, the ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback ScoutLine is available with all drivetrains for the basic model: three petrol engines (66 kW/90 hp, 81 kW/110 hp and 92 kW/125 hp) and two diesels (66 kW/90 hp and 85 kW/116 hp). All the engines comply with Euro-6 emission standards, and are equipped with the start-stop system and regenerative braking.

Sorry mate, I cant be bothered reading the spec for a resurrected Rover Streetwise ;)

Agreed - it is sooo clearly the ghost of the Streetwise!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Other than actual 4x4 model Scouts, I'm not personally so keen on the 2WD versions.

Although I can see the appeal of a rugged look I would much rather something with genuine off road capability.

I really like the size of the Rapid Spaceback, but not convinced it would make a good off-roader?

The old Russian cars in this video of the Siberian group "Fabrika" don't seem to be doing too bad   (don't quite know where the tractor fits into all this!)...................please keep your eyes on the Russki cars, I know you can't keep your eyes off the Subaru!   :D

(If you're interested, in this part of Russia there is a ratio of one boy to every seven girls!) 

Edited by bealine

People like the looks of 4x4s without the costs of the drivetrain or strength. This would sell well I'd imagine and even if offered with 4x4 (which the 16 year old floor pan design doesn't support) very few would be sold with it.

Looks and styling come above practicality for the majority. My Subaru gets universally panned by critics for having a spartan cabin and lack of shiny tat. Which I'm perfectly happy with as it actually has the ability to do what it looks like it should.

People like the looks of 4x4s without the costs of the drivetrain or strength. This would sell well I'd imagine and even if offered with 4x4 (which the 16 year old floor pan design doesn't support) very few would be sold with it.

Looks and styling come above practicality for the majority. My Subaru gets universally panned by critics for having a spartan cabin and lack of shiny tat. Which I'm perfectly happy with as it actually has the ability to do what it looks like it should.

I could be wrong, but I think the A05+ platform can support AWD.

• 1 month later...

Even that pic of the "offroad" model has the standard Skoda photoshop big wheels and lowered suspension -

I don't think that front arch gap is suitable for any greenlane action.

The gap on that photo looks less than on my elegance!

My local dealer put a pic of one on from the motor show and I queried with them that I'd heard it was going to be a Europe only model and they said they had been told it was coming to the UK next year, they had been told this at recent launch to dealers of the new superb.

Having said that Skoda replied to a comment that I'd put on there fb page saying they don't have info on launch in specific markets but should be available in June next year

I don't like it personally; and even though I'm rather ignorant about all things 4x4, surely the wheelbase would not really lend itself to the intended use. Perhaps the marketing department had their collective tongues planted firmly in their cheeks! If you're gonna do it, do it right.

• 3 weeks later...