Discount

Used Carwow to price up the new superb got some quotes back and at first thought some nice prices then when checking into it seems Skoda are offering a £2000 contribution to the superb deposit so dealers are not offering discounts and one dealer in Kent gave a carwow quote and surprise surprise when showed an interest their offer changed very quickly and upped the carwow price by nearly £2000

carwow have quoted me:

13.9% discount = £5,136 (cash) 

11.5% discount = £4,237 (finance)

This is on a 190CR L&K 4x4 DSG Estate with £1,530 of options added.

Interestingly despite living in Kent non of the local dealers gave me a quote.

Carfile are quoting:

12.2% discount for cash

7% discount on low rate PCP finance plus you get the £2000 deposit contribution which gives an effective discount of ~16%.  0% HP finance is available with 7% discount but no deposit contribution.

I had some quotes from carwow too and those ranged £0 discount (Skoda in Coventry, who obviously don't want any sales) to 17.1% on finance from Skoda in Kent.  All quotes based on SE 2.0 TDi + a few options.

I am awaiting my quotes for a 150 manual L&K.

Quotes.

0% for cash or 6.7% using hp from WSM.

Edited by Danny 57

Number two and since then a couple more of 6-8% have come up but only as finance.

Gloucester and Coventry.

Edited by Danny 57

My carwow results, for a 150 SE L Exec 4x4 Estate with some options.

Standard OTR price £31,745

Skoda Derby: Cash - 0% off, Finance - 6.3% off (essentially no discount other than £2k finance contribution)

Skoda Fareham: Cash - 0% off, Finance - 6.3% off (essentially no discount other than £2k finance contribution)

Skoda Coventry: Cash - 1.9% off, Finance - no figures

Skoda Great Yarmouth: Cash - 8.9% off, Finance - 6.3% off 

Skoda Maidstone: Cash - 12.8% off, Finance - 15.2% off

Quite a variation...

My carwow results, for a Superb 2.0 TDI CR 190 Laurin + Klement 4X4 5dr DSG with some options (19" wheels, metalic paint and rear parking camera)

Standard OTR price £35,345

Skoda Maidstone: Cash - 12.9% off £30,794   (similar saving to previous post)

Skoda Southampton: Cash - 9% off £32,180

Skoda Epsom: Cash - 5% off £33,566

Skoda Fareham: Cash - 0% off £35,345

• 2 weeks later...

Carwow and Beadles Maidstone is the way to go.  I've just ordered my SE L Executive brimming with bits (I'm not sure if I have to even be there when it's being driven, I think that like J Bond esq I can work with a mobile phone), 15.5% off a saving of £4,651.  Go Carwow and speak to Oliver, he even knows about variable floors and spare wheels.

New Superb 1.4 TSI 150 SE L Executive 5dr DSG   Metallic - Brilliant silver £535

Park assist (inc front/rear parking sensors) - £590.0 
Keyless entry and start - £400.0 
Heated washer nozzles - £50.0 
Space saver spare wheel - £100.0 
Rear view camera - £300.0 
Leather - Black - £0.0 
Rear wiper - £0.0 
Heated windscreen - £300.0 
Travel assist with traffic sign recognition - £85.0 
Colour maxi dot trip computer - £85

Finance Offer
£23,615
£4,450 off
Oliver  Beadles Skoda Maidstone
15.9% saving
Edited by woodmannuk

I tried messaging my local carwow dealer who was offering me 5% off cash (Skoda Epsom) if they could match an offer I had from Crewe which was 13.8% cash. The reply I got was:

"I would question the Crewe discount just to make sure they haven't mistakenly entered a £2,000 deposit contribution on top of they're normal discount as this is only available when purchasing the Superb on the 2.9% APR Personal Contract Purchase finance offer. If they can supply the new Superb at this cash offer price then they are supplying it at less than cost which I cannot supply at."

I also have a cash offer from Maidstone for 13%. Looks like I'll be buying from further afield than my local!

Can you not take the PCP deal then just pay it all off after the first payment?

Were you referring to my post? Skoda Epsom were offering even less on finance (4.8%). It seems the figure to aim for is 10%+ off going by what others are reporting so if they don't want to match it I'll go elsewhere :)