Brembo brakes on Octavia vRS

i have them on my 4x4 and your standard vRS wheels will only fit if you space them :)

i have standard VW 17's on mine and i have spaced the front wheels 10mm and the rears 8mm to compensate.

don't forget if you space the wheels you will need longer wheels bolts :)

• Administrators

Bengie,

Yep I hated the brakes on the 4x4. Never faded them once new fluid was added, just didn't enjoy them even on 2500's which is odd given they are but the same thing as I have on the RS now, although with less body movement. At the end of the day there is never any harm in having better anything, I sure as hell would not like to go back to oem pads and fluid on a normal road car.

I have them on my furby and although they're great, I don't think they were a massive improvement over octy rs sized discs (312mm) with ferodo ds2500 pads.

When I first had the car, I had EBC greenstuff pads fitted and they were dire - come to the third or fourth roundabout after some enthiusiastic driving and they didn't stop you :shocked:

so IMHO, pads make a bigger difference than discs / calipers. Have to say, the brembos do look class though, when they're clean :cool:

I changed mine because they look good, lol. :thumbup:

There is a difference between the standard vRS setup and the Brembo's, even for road use. They can however be a little sharp for town driving, I've tried to give passengers whiplash on many occasions! Everyone looks at them though, it's usually the first thing people look at before even asking what the car is, weird really. :)

Skoda4.jpg

Skoda10.jpg

As you can see from the pic above (and as bengie said), you will have to space on the standard wheels. I have 15mm solid spacers, which fit the wheels correctly, I wouldnt recommend universals tbh. Not had any problems at all. :)

They look great. Where did you get the spacers from? And how much? Oh and also longer wheel nuts? Cheers.

Fasterbaby,

Have you not considered r32 brakes. 334x32 disc with ali centre so they wont warp. 2 pot calipers, but the pots are on the inside so there's little chance you'll need a spacer. JBS run them on their 400bhp octy and that stops like you've hit a wall. They are not as fashionable as brembos, but they're half the price in the region of

European Car Autotech R32 Brake Conversion.zip

6892.attach