Brembo brakes on Octavia vRS

Looks like I missed this thread and there's a few issues I'd like to address.

R32 Brakes - Just as bad as Brembos for needing spacers, ask any R32 owner that's tried to change his wheels.

Spacers - 10mm are fine as long as you use Hubcentric and the correct size bolts.

4x4 and vRS brakes are not the same, 288mm on the 4x4 312mm on the vRS.

You can get the brembo's for less than quoted in the original post, for the best price speak to Bill @ Badger5

I changed to Brembo's on the golf as I got fade all to easily on the road, when I sold the golf I swapped them onto the 4x4 it'd have been silly not to.

If you want a 4pot setup that doesn't require spacers then the ECS porsche kits are the ones to go for although they're a little pricey.

Hubcentric are like the ones in "doll's" photo above, they have a lip that replicates that of the standard hub. It allows the wheel to be seated perfectly central thus elimating any potential wheel wobble/vibrations. They are more expensive at around

Godspeed do AP 4 or 6 pots with 335x32 Discs to fit inside std VRS Wheels & they are fantastic :):)

They will also fit the Brembos without spacers' date=' Ian will build bespoke carriers to suit

[url']http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/[/url]

I assume this is with a different disc as well then if the caliper sits further in. I've heard the kits Godspeed do are good VFM but always check the consumables pricing and availability before making a decision on any kit.

Eddy

Had a couple of Godspeed kits, one on the Impeza & The latest on the Octy with the AP's. Always found replacement discs a reosnable price, Ian makes the Discs with seperate bells to suit the bespoke kit therefore its only the rotor you replace not the whole disc, thus keeping replacement costs down

Eddy

Had a couple of Godspeed kits' date=' one on the Impeza & The latest on the Octy with the AP's. Always found replacement discs a reosnable price, Ian makes the Discs with seperate bells to suit the bespoke kit therefore its only the rotor you replace not the whole disc, thus keeping replacement costs down[/quote']

Sounds good, I have to say I've only heard good things about them and If I'd have known about them at the time when I bought my Brembo's I'd have certainly called them for a quote.

is it true that godspeed wont sell you replacement disks?

sounds daft but I had a customer ask me for a whole new brembo kit cos he could'nt get replacement disks out of godspeed?

Bill

Ive always got replacement discs from Godspeed without a problem, did he owe Ian money or something, hes a really nice guy, incredibly helpful so dosent sound true to me.

Looks like I missed this thread and there's a few issues I'd like to address.

You can get the brembo's for less than quoted in the original post' date=' for the best price speak to Bill @ Badger5

[/quote']

That price was from Bill. Looks like this is going to have to go on hold for a while now due to unforseen holiday the wife booked :(

That price was from Bill. Looks like this is going to have to go on hold for a while now due to unforseen holiday the wife booked :(

Ah, sorry, must have gone up since I last checked.

Bill

No its not true that I would not sell someone replacement discs , its something I would never do , so dont know why your customer has told you that ?? My replacement discs are about half the retail price of AP's

I'm doing a 2 piece disc and bell for the Cupra now as well ,

looks like I'd better dig out my Brembo 4pots from my old Focus. I have to say that the braking was amazing with those on the front and rear disc conversion on the rear. I really really really must get them sent back to Brembo to have them colour coded Skoda green and get them fitted. I presume Bill @ Badger could help with the parts needed to fit my 'universal' Brembos ???

Andy

Bill

No its not true that I would not sell someone replacement discs , its something I would never do , so dont know why your customer has told you that ?? My replacement discs are about half the retail price of AP's

I'm doing a 2 piece disc and bell for the Cupra now as well ,