Simpsons PCH Deal.

Morning, anyone else who took the Simpsons PCH deal having issues getting money back off them?

When ordering my VRS in April I paid a £250 deposit as the car needed to be built, I then found out that the £1700 advance rental advertised for the deal was being subsidised by them as VA Finance take £2006 as advance payment.

I recieved the car on 1st July and am more than happy with it but after two weeks of asking I have still not received my "refund" of £556. I can't even get an answer off them as to when I am likely to receive it. It's seriously souring my opinion of them.

Has anyone else who took the deal received their refund? If so how long did it take to get?

thx

Hmm I'm waiting for my car from them and took out out the £1690 down and £200 a month offer. I have an email from then telling me that the £250 deposit will be netted off my £1690, leaving me with £1440 to pay. Are you saying this isn't the case? Cheers.

Just checked with Simpsons and they have the same numbers as me, so not sure what's happened with your initial rental. Did you pay the £2006 ? Sounds like someone's got the wrong end of the stick.

I paid them £500 to order the car, which arrived today. They are apparently going to refund my credit card today or tomorrow.

The initial payment of £2116 plus first £199 monthly to VWFS will be taken by direct debit without Simpsons moving the money paid to them.

On the subject of Simpsons. I ordered a VRS TDI estate on 26th May from Bob. I'm told Bob has subsequently left Simpsons. I was given a delivery estimate by Bob of last week of July/ first week August.

I rang Simpsons a couple of weeks ago and the new sales person I'm now dealing with said it would be 'some time in August'.

I checked with SUK having read this forum and you can track your car's build/ delivery online. Great I thought. I can keep an eye on it and not have to pester Simpsons. But they couldn't find my order because Simpsons ordered so many on the same day.

I rang Simpsons today to ask for the order number so I could track it, a fairly simple request I though. The person on the phone couldn't answer. No problem, just e-mail it to me.

Half a day later, nothing. I just hope they haven't made a massive **** up and that's why I can't get a straight answer.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Looked at my agreement today taken out with a local dealer who price matched Simpsons. States I have to pay £1944 not the £1500 I agreed.

When queried I was told they will ask me to pay the £1944 then place £444 onto my debit card.

I won't be leaving until I have written confirmation of this.

Took me a while to get the money off them too, Actually kept trying to change the figures but i kept to my guns 

The impression i get is that one person deals with all the contract hire and they are struggling to deal with the amount of orders taken 

Sorted mine through davidian skoda, I did not need to pay anything, I chose 1500 dep and 2yr deal, the 1500 deposit is the first payment,deal done, no fuss or issues, ordered in late may, had it a week now, quality service from a quality dealership

Sorted mine through davidian skoda, I did not need to pay anything, I chose 1500 dep and 2yr deal, the 1500 deposit is the first payment,deal done, no fuss or issues, ordered in late may, had it a week now, quality service from a quality dealership

Double check the figure on your finance contracts as the dealers can not give direct discounts on PCH deals, the difference is credited by them to your account from the profit they make 

Double check the figure on your finance contracts as the dealers can not give direct discounts on PCH deals, the difference is credited by them to your account from the profit they make

tHeres nowt to comeback to me, i havent paid anything upfront, what im paying is what i was quoted by vwfs,dont understand this having to pay to order a car, my car was already ordered for me to buy till I changed my mind and go pch route,

On the subject of Simpsons. I ordered a VRS TDI estate on 26th May from Bob. I'm told Bob has subsequently left Simpsons. I was given a delivery estimate by Bob of last week of July/ first week August.

I rang Simpsons a couple of weeks ago and the new sales person I'm now dealing with said it would be 'some time in August'.

I checked with SUK having read this forum and you can track your car's build/ delivery online. Great I thought. I can keep an eye on it and not have to pester Simpsons. But they couldn't find my order because Simpsons ordered so many on the same day.

I rang Simpsons today to ask for the order number so I could track it, a fairly simple request I though. The person on the phone couldn't answer. No problem, just e-mail it to me.

Half a day later, nothing. I just hope they haven't made a massive **** up and that's why I can't get a straight answer.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

125milesnorth, I ordered a diesel VRS with Bob and yes he has left Simpsons. I ordered 12th May, and have had a similar delivery timescale to you, so I wouldn't be too worried. I've decided not to try and track my vehicle. It'll be here when it arrives and I won't be paying anything until I see it. Think they have been hammered with that deal, and losing a sales person won't have helped, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until week 2 August, then I'll be worried.

I contacted Simpsons when I first saw their deal but decided to go to my local dealer to see if they could do it.

They told me they could so i ordered with them.

I had to pay £200 deposit when I ordered as it was a factory build.

I then had to pay the initial payment to VWFS which was £2160. £1500 from me and £610 paid by the dealer to match the Simpsons offer.

I got my £200 back as a refund on my credit card the day after I collected the car.

I was told by my dealer that the £610 difference which was being paid by the dealer would be paid into my bank with a week and the first payment wouldn't be taken for around 14 days.

There was a few days of nervousness as I wasn't sure if the dealer would cough up.

But true to his word on day 5 after collecting the car £610 landed in my account, and as a bonus I didn't pay my first initial payment until exactly 1 month after collecting the car.

PCH is definitely the way to go to get a new car in my opinion.

As I've said above, my deal was £1690 initial. I paid £250 to secure the "build" this was confirmed at the time by Simpsons, to be netted off my initial payment on the day I collected the car. Three weeks before build I added sunset glass at £200, but said I wanted to just pay this outright rather than change the monthly payments. So that £1690 - £250 + £200, meaning I'm paying £1640 on the day I pick up the car. After reading the OP, I emailed Simpsons with my numbers and asked them to confirm that this was their understanding. Within 20 minutes, I had a reply stating that they agreed with my figures. Have I had to chase them? Yes. Is that mainly due to me being giddy about getting my new car and probably jumping the gun in my excitement? Most definitely. I have no fears as yet as to either the accuracy of the initial payment calculation, or of the projected delivery dates as I've seen nothing to the contrary. Simpsons, don't let me down now!!

Skodev, the way it was eventually explained to me when I took up the £1700 "deposit" offer (also through Bob who has left) was that I would need to pay £250 deposit to order my new build.

I was then told by Denis that when I collected my car (I eventually got them to deliver it to my workplace, for free I'm hoping) it would register with VA Finance and 10~14 days later I would get confirmation from VA Finance of when they would take the £2006 initial rental fee.

I queried the figure as the deal was for £1700 and was then told that before the date that the £2006 was taken from my account Simpsons would have refunded my initial £250 deposit plus the £306 difference that they were subsidising as part of the deal (hope that makes sense).

I received my car on 1st July and then on 3rd July received £19.44 credit off them??? I've been chasing it up ever snce and have today been contacted by their Finaince team to say they acknowledge the £250 deposit and just need to confirm what other refunds are due and that they will credit me tomorrow.

VA Finance are taking my advance rental fee on 16th July so I don't think you will pay anything on the day you pick your car up, it should be 10~14 days later.

Time will tell I suppose but it's been quite frustrating trying to get an answer off them.

Edited by AdyPem

Sounds like a nightmare mate and that's why I've asked for the confirmation in writing today. They have no right to understate the deposit if that's what has to be paid, regardless of credits and refunds. We'll see what happens in a couple of weeks when I'm expecting my car. I'll post an update. Your posts make perfect sense now after reading your last one. But their only concern should have been that your net payment out of your bank was the £1700. Not that you paid out the £2006 and had to go chasing the balance. That isn't on at all. But thanks for posting your unfortunate experience, it's beneficial to those of is still awaiting our cars. Anyway enough of all that, how are you enjoying the car?

Love it :-) Looks great in Metal Grey Metallic, came from a Mk2 Lauren and Klement Estate with DSG. I;m missing having the the DSG.....this changing gears thing is tiresome ;-) Was hoping to get a 16MY but missed it by 2 weeks but it came with the Amundsen SatNav so a bit of a bonus.

Just need to get the Hi-Beam Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition activated (posted in the VCDS forum..)

I paid another firm £199 to order the car through a broker and was then told by them to pay £1963 to VWFS but to send the cheque and contract to a VW dealer. I've got the car now but VWFS are chasing me for £2251 (the monthly * 9 as stated on the contract) even though I can see the cheque for £1963 was cashed??? I presume the dealer should've topped up my payment by £286?

AdyPem, I've ordered VRS estate, Metal Grey, but I've gone for the Pictoris alloys, rather than Gemini's. It's a great colour and pretty rare too. I've stayed old Skool with a manual too. Glad you're pleased with the car.

was the cheque made out to the dealer or vwfs ?

I wrote the cheque out to VWFS, posted it to the VW dealer who added their cheque for the difference. The dealer this morning tells me this is common and knows its happened about 40 times now. Fortunately he has access to the VWFS system and can see on my account that Ms #### ###### has received 2 cheques but they haven't associated them with my account. The dealer has just called to say that they've sorted it all out now. 

Meanwhile, looking at the Skoda Finance login you can request a quote to sell the car "to someone else" at the end of the lease. Has anyone else done this? You only need to type in your reg to get a quote but our car is too new to do this just yet? A lot of the T5 guys do just this and its great value apparently.

Cheers Skodev. I only really want to get an idea as my Mrs is due to give birth in the not too distant future and I had to sell my car a few weeks ago. Think it will be my fastest run home from work if she goes into labour.