The 280PS Thread

My 280 is one year old today,I'm still loving her,love the q car stealth Ness,just want to say if you're thinking about one,just do it,you won't regret it,and that's a promise!!attachicon.gif20161022_142823_001.jpg

May i ask the TSI badge on the back left is standard or you borrowed from VW?

Mine is Skoda badge on left and Superb on right with 4x4 underneath Superb. 

Bought both badges from supaskoda.look good to me.took off the old badges and replaced with the new,to me that's how skoda should have done it in the first place.kevin

I got that sameTSI badge too for my Octavia vRS, to show it's not the version with a taxi engine.

• Like 1

Couldn’t agree more.

If Skoda had a naming / badging policy like, say, Mercedes or BMW that pretends (especially in the former case often far from the ‘truth’) to reference engine size, I’d be all for de-badging. No wonder so many Mercs and BMWs – almost all of them in Germany – are de-badged.

But since there aren’t any badges on my car that shout about performance or even just give others unneeded information about the engine I’ve chosen, I don’t have a problem with them.

Like BillyJim, I’m also not keen about all those badges indicating the trim level I’ve chosen. Again, no-one else needs that information and I know it already.

Edited by eurotraveller
  • Like 1

I was merely replying to Nazmi question as to where I got the badges from,supaskoda at the grand cost of a tenner,hardly think a tsi badge shouts wow,the twin pipes do that,just prefer to have the tsi badge instead of the skoda one,it is after all the engine it has.i agree with the over use of logos,in fact the ones on my seats are poorly embossed,passenger seat one especially,it's all most unreadable and looks naff.love the car though.kevin.

• Like 1

Couldn’t agree more.

If Skoda had a naming / badging policy like, say, Mercedes or BMW that pretends (especially in the former case often far from the ‘truth’) to reference engine size, I’d be all for de-badging. No wonder so many Mercs and BMWs – almost all of them in Germany – are de-badged.

But since there aren’t any badges on my car that shout about performance or even just give others unneeded information about the engine I’ve chosen, I don’t have a problem with them.

Like BillyJim, I’m also not keen about all those badges indicating the trim level I’ve chosen. Again, no-one else needs that information and I know it already.

+1.

My Superb has a TSi badge & 2 x twin tail-pipes, all as std. They are unique to the 2.0 TSi, but very few people, including dealers know that.

The EOS was debadged by the original owners, excepting the front & rear VW badges, & that just adds to the fun, since no-one seems to know it what it is.........

The R is odd, it doesn't have any "Golf" badging, just R badging & too many tailpipes.

My last V6 Mondeo gave no indication of engine size, which was fun 'cos no-one seemed to think that it could scoot when required.

Still, special badging & accessories are always a personal thing, we prefer to drive "Q" cars, but that's just our choice.  

DC

No I think you are mistaken. 16" Will be fine.... THEY.... WILLLLLL.....BEEEEEEEE....FFFFIIIIIINNNNEEEE !!!

;-)

So it turns out you guys are right, 16'' don't fit :notme:

Anyway, I won't apologize - I just got a free upgrade to 17'' rims hahah

Edited by ionelmc

So it turns out you guys are right, 16'' don't fit :notme:

Anyway, I won't apologize - I just got a free upgrade to 17'' rims hahah

Yeah don't apologize for wasting everyone's time and goodwill ....

• Like 1

That looks excellent... I hate cleaning the roof its a pita..I wonder if any colour would work on a red estate .... Phil would you mind letting me know the cost ?

• Like 1

Ordered on 21st August. Dealer advised last week car was at UK docks. They've been, errr..superb, and are delivering the car on Tuesday. Pretty impressed with that!

• Like 2

Another little vid here of accelerating from 100 km/h on the autobahn: http://www.autozeitung.de/videos/skoda-superb-sport-line-combi – a familiar experience for some of us by now. And it does so beautifully catch drivers of other, ‘fast’ cars unaware – better still without the go-faster trim.

Just think what the even newer 350ps version can do. :angel:

Another little vid here of accelerating from 100 km/h on the autobahn: http://www.autozeitung.de/videos/skoda-superb-sport-line-combi – a familiar experience for some of us by now. And it does so beautifully catch drivers of other, ‘fast’ cars unaware – better still without the go-faster trim.

Is the 350 ps just a rumour or fact?

I'm beginning to think that it's time to consider a new car for myself (rather than SWMBO) & a new Superb ( or maybe a Kodiaq????) would be nice.

If it's to be a Superb it would have to be a 4x4 280, if only to keep pace with the Golf, but it would be nice if it had a bit more oomph than the little car.

DC

Looks pretty straightforward to stick a stage one map on to achieve the same for around 600 quid if 280 isn't enough. I maybe tempted when my warrenty expires but then again in all honesty its fast enough for me as is.

• Like 1

What new 350PS version?

I read a while ago, though for the life of me I can't recall where, that the Superb 280PS was getting a small bump to 296PS to match the Leon Cupra and Golf R.

This was also allegedly because the top spec Kodiaq was getting the 296PS TSI. This rumour, however, seems to have died a natural death. Current speculation is that at some time a VRS badged Kodiaq will appear with VAG's 237PS twin-turbo TDI.

Having looked at the UK and German Kodiaq pages the top Kodiaq TSI at launch is the 180PS whilst the top disiesel gets the 190PS - so, DC, you may want hold off on that for a while.

Looks pretty straightforward to stick a stage one map on to achieve the same for around 600 quid if 280 isn't enough. I maybe tempted when my warrenty expires but then again in all honesty its fast enough for me as is.

Go on, you know you want to have to.

My strap-on "350PS" is ideal for me though it still needs an extra something to overcome the poor pedal response to get the most from it. The dealership have no warranty issues with what I've done so long as I don't remap/replace the original ECU. I was blissfully oblivious to these power-up add-ons and it was the dealership who actually pointed me in that direction.

• Like 2