What deals have people got - discounts, pcp, pch

Coast2Coast discount brokers are (as at Aug 11th) showing a £4.4k discount on the 1.4 SE hatchback

Manufacturer            RRP On-The-Road               Price  Saving
HATCHBACK 1.4 TSI 150 SE 5dr            £21,190.00               £16,806.25                     £4,383.75

If that price is right, I'd be very tempted.  Have yet to contact them to check, though.

The  2.0 TSI 280 SE L Executive 4X4 5dr DSG has an OTR price of £24.4k.

I do wonder if this 21% discount as shown on their website can be right?    
Edited by Nigel J

Coast2Coast discount brokers are (as at Aug 11th) showing a £4.4k discount on the 1.4 SE hatchback

Manufacturer            RRP On-The-Road               Price  SavingHATCHBACK 1.4 TSI 150 SE 5dr            £21,190.00               £16,806.25                     £4,383.75

If that price is right, I'd be very tempted.  Have yet to contact them to check, though.

The  2.0 TSI 280 SE L Executive 4X4 5dr DSG has an OTR price of £24.4k.

I do wonder if this 21% discount as shown on their website can be right?

Way way cheaper than anywhere else I have seen, seems too good to be true.

I was told by Coast2Coast on 7th July they couldn't quote on the Superb as their dealer "had decided not to supply them any more". Perhaps things have changed

Their website currently shows some good discounts, perhaps a phone call to confirm would be a good idea!

DC

Hmm. Just did a quote for an optioned-up 150 SE L Exec 4x4 Estate, and the Coast2coast price is £2-3k lower than the best price I got via carwow. Nearly £7k off list price.

Does seem too good to be true, but if these prices can genuinely be achieved....best by far.

Has anyone actually bought a car from any online dealers? How do you check the car over before delivery if it's not in a dealership? Also, if any faults develop on the car what do you do? In fact that same question goes for buying from a dealership - do you have to take it back to where it was ordered if faults need fixing or can you take it to any other dealership? Would a dealership be less accomodating if you didn't buy from them but needed warranty work?

I am all for getting 7k off a new car but I'm wondering where the catch is?

You can take them to any dealer for warranty work.

My Dad bought his Yeti from a broker, came from a dealer in another part of the country, delivered to his door on a trailer. Gets it serviced etc by his local dealer. No catch as far as I can see.

And a few years back I imported an Ibiza from Holland, had all warranty work, servicing etc done my local dealer no problem.

• Like 1

Well, that's solved that then. As above they told me in July they couldn't supply but I just rang them and Coast2Coast have new suppliers. Quote for a 280 L&K hatch was £27920 with metallic, spare wheel and light assist. The only thing is it has to be done on a PCP and they work through Barclays not Skoda Finance.

Well, that's solved that then. As above they told me in July they couldn't supply but I just rang them and Coast2Coast have new suppliers. Quote for a 280 L&K hatch was £27920 with metallic, spare wheel and light assist. The only thing is it has to be done on a PCP and they work through Barclays not Skoda Finance.

I assume that its not the same deal as Skoda then?  i.e. £2,000 deposit contribution and 2.9% interest?

Don't know about the deposit contribution but the quote I have is 5.2% over 42 months. Works out at £425 pcm with £2k deposit. GFV is £11521

Thanks Zeyerova, very interesting.  I hadn't thought of financing in that way.  Gives me something else to ponder.  

Coast2Coast quote for a fully loaded 280 L&K :o

Vehicle- Skoda Superb ESTATE 2.0 TSI 280 Laurin + Klement 4X4 5dr DSG

Factory Options-

•    Bluetooth with phonebox
  •    Media Command
  •    Premium WLAN
  •    Rear view camera
  •    Smart light assist
  •    Smartgate mobile phone interface
  •    Travel assist with traffic sign recognition
  •    Heated washer nozzles
  •    Metallic paint
  •    Panoramic sunroof
  •    Towbar with electric swivel function
  •    Backrest release
  •    Front passenger seat adjustment operated from rear
  •    Gearshift paddles
  •    Isofix attachment on front seat
  •    Net partition
  •    Parcel shelf - retractable
  •    Sunblind for rear side windows
  •    Variable boot floor
  •    Ventilated front seats
  •    Waste bin door pocket
  •    Crew protection assist and rear side airbags
  •    Leather - Beige
  •    18" Pegasus anthracite alloy wheels
  •    Space saver spare wheel

Basic Price £29,233.33
Factory Options £4,708.32
Discount   £7,506.58
Sub Total   £26,435.07
Delivery Cost   £425.00
VAT    £5,372.01
Road Tax (12 months)  £180.00
First Registration Fee  £55.00

ON THE ROAD PRICE  £32,467.08

TOTAL SAVING   £9,007.90

Edited by l4wrence
  • Like 2

If ordering from an online broker how do you include service plans and/or extended warranties? There's no options from Coast2Coast to add this.

anything you can add at the ordering stage with a normal dealer can be added via the broker... As effectively you are dealing with a normal dealer! :)

And I take it there are no facilities to part exchange?

I guess you may be able to arrange something with the Skoda dealer you end up placing your order with.

Alternatively just drive your car to some used car dealers and see what you can get - got rid of my last car that way, all done and cheque in hand in 10 mins, and IIRC got nearly £500 quid more than WBAC offered (on a car worth around £4k). Helped that I'd prepped it so well they could just put it straight on the forecourt.

Finally made what I hope is the final, final decision on the spec I want;

Superb Estate SE L Executive 2.0 TDI 150 PS 4x4

Beige upholstery

Candy White

Extra equipment

Rough road package                             £200

Panoramic sunroof                                 £1,150

18" Pegasus alloy wheels                        £0

Temporary space-saver spare wheel        £100

Park assist                                            £590

Travel assist                                         £85

Hill-hold control                                     £100

Integrated tow bar                                 £765

Retractable parcel shelf                          £120

Rear-view parking camera                      £300

Variable boot floor                                 £150

Colour Maxi DOT trip computer               £85

Rear backrest release from boot             £90

Textile floor mat set                              £75

Total Price is £31,805

AutoeBid indicate a max price (inc their fee) of £28004, a saving of £3801, just under 12%.

Anyone had, or know of anyone who has, experience of using this agency.

Edited twice, Coast2Coast quote £25020 for the same spec, saving of £6785 and 21.3%) (somehow I doubt it!)

.....and New Car Discount say £26705 being a saving of £5100, 16%)

Edited by Claymore

Here's my quote from coast2coast.

The list price on the Skoda configurator for this spec is £33515. See here: http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/71894433

Coast2coast price is £26314. This doesn't include the rough road pack. Add that on, and the saving would be almost spot on £7k.

Screen%20Shot%2008-13-15%20at%2007.20%20

Do Coast2Coast make you take out finance or can it just be a cash payment in full? Doesn't seem any good if part of the 7k saving is costing over 3k in credit.

If these deals have to be done under a finance agreement then can the total credit be paid off in the first month? I assume there's some sort of penalty charge here?

Do Coast2Coast make you take out finance or can it just be a cash payment in full? Doesn't seem any good if part of the 7k saving is costing over 3k in credit.

If these deals have to be done under a finance agreement then can the total credit be paid off in the first month? I assume there's some sort of penalty charge here?

You have to take the Barclay finance but from looking at the Barclays site you can pay off the loans early. If you paid the full amount the most interest you will pay is 30 days worth. There might be some other charges for setting up the loan etc though not sure what those are.

Cheers Zillio, will have to look closer into this nearer the time I'm ready to order. It could be the case that I get a better deal taking finance and then paying it all off immediately, even with the extra charges.

Cheers Zillio, will have to look closer into this nearer the time I'm ready to order. It could be the case that I get a better deal taking finance and then paying it all off immediately, even with the extra charges.

I'd be very interested in your conclusions.   Like you I would want to buy outright. 

I have come across two other discount brokers who appear to offer cash sales as well as finance deals.

c. 15% discount.

For the - SKODA SUPERB 1.4 TSI 150 SE 5dr

UK car discount:    £17,800;

New car discount   £18,100.

Edited by Nigel J

Just been chatting to Gordon from Coast2coast about finance. The cars are sourced via Skoda fleet; to be able to do this, they have to be bought on finance. As someone else mentioned, this is via Barclays.

If you have the means to pay outright, you can buy on PCP then - at any time - request an early settlement figure from Barclays. They will charge a fee for this, equivalent to 2 months interest (not much in the scheme of things).

Also max deposit is 30% of car value.

Cars will be delivered direct to you, and you will be the first owner.

Deposit of £1000 is needed at time of order, this goes to the finance company (not coast2coast).

Hope this helps :)

• Like 2

Cheers for the info muddyboots. A little concerned if the car is delivered directly there is no chance to check it over before accepting it? Who's carrying out the PDI? As you say though taking a hit of two months interest is still quids in given the huge initial discount no one else seems to be getting close to. It makes you wonder how much the average punter is getting ripped off by just going to a dealership and getting 5% reduction if lucky!

Edited by l4wrence