Activating Columbus' 'Hidden Menu' on VCDS

hashi

My Superb II went in for a 'Big' service today to the Skoda dealer.  I requested that they activate the Columbus 'Hidden Menu' whilst they had it connected to VCDS - even giving them the "37> Navigation > Adaptation > Test Menu > Change to value of 1" information.

Disappointed when I picked it up that they said they couldn't do it as this was only possible with "VAG hardware" and couldn't be done on Skoda equipment.

Is this true or Bull poo?

Ian

Sorry, I was using 'VCDS' as a generic term, the same as I say 'Hoover' instead of vacuum cleaner!

To rephrase, should the Skoda main dealer have been able to liberate my 'Hidden Menu' with the equipment available to them?

Ian

So..... I paid £1459.19 for a service plus DSG oil & filter change, plus timing belt, tensioner change etc plus brake pads plus O/S/F/ bushing and they couldn't/wouldn't activate my hidden menu??

okay

Edited by hashi

Just had a look - it is on my VCDS. Mine is a MIB1 Columbus. I would love to be able to get to a service menu but 37 doesn't respond. Does anyone know how to activate the service menu on an MIB1?

All VAG group dealerships should be using ODIS by now. ODIS is very capable of activating the settings required.

Hi Rusty. I was told by my dealer, who doesn't generate a load of "bull" that they could not access the hidden Columbus menu. Could well be ignorance too of course!

Our understanding matches what Rusty has said: ODIS can access this stuff.  That said, many who have used ODIS finds the human interface a bit daunting.  Perhaps, as you suggested, they simply do not know how to access the information in ODIS. 

Then again, there is the fact that many dealerships take the attitude that if the factory did not turn something on, then they should not do so as they then become responsible should something happen. 

As you have a dealer that does not generate a "load of bull", I should think they should be able to do this with ODIS.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi I have 2014 superb combi FL 1.8TSI petrol...wanted to activate Columbus hidden menu but no luck via VCDS. Can't open channel 50...or I can open it but it doesnt show any option to activate or change value...I'm I only one how have this problem my unit model number is 3T0035681B...

Just had a look - it is on my VCDS. Mine is a MIB1 Columbus. I would love to be able to get to a service menu but 37 doesn't respond. Does anyone know how to activate the service menu on an MIB1?

Yes. With VCP.

It isn't possible with VCDS on a MIB unit. I've already told you this :)

Using VCDS open Channel 37 – Navigation, go into adaption and change channel 50 to 1 (will be 0).

Tomorrow will check again and post some pictures about this...I cant explain this right now.

Yes please do it. If you can't enable it with VCDS, you can try enabling it with a special CD (see https://robpol86.com/rns_510_vim.html )

That is odd thing friends passat same system and no problem everything by the book...but maybe something to do VCDS version. Friend bought cable from ebay..dont know version of VCDS...