164mph mk1 fabby vrs.

Echoing everyone's comments, there's no way a PD160 hybrid would have any top end power to get to that speed. They drop off after 4k rpm.

A GTB2260 is another matter though...

From what I've experienced (not on UK roads), I would say that 160mph indicated is definitely possible with a 2260 and shorter ratio box. Longer ratio I reckon it would be the air resistance that would kill top speed, as the FSM/FJW boxes have enough gearing for a VERY high potential top speed. There's no way you're getting a Fabia through viscous air at those speeds. Although I reckon with a decent 2260 setup you'd get to 165 if the road was long enough. I could definitely see the risk of an incident similar to the recent GTR at the Nurburgring though...

Let's be honest though... who actually uses these speeds?! Does it really matter, pub talk aside?...

So yes, you're right to call b*lls**t from the no doubt young gentleman on the Facebook group.

There really are some very silly comments and questionable people cropping up on there. Enough to make me lose even more faith with the direction the human race is heading in...

Echoing everyone's comments, there's no way a PD160 hybrid would have any top end power to get to that speed. They drop off after 4k rpm.

A GTB2260 is another matter though...

From what I've experienced (not on UK roads), I would say that 160mph indicated is definitely possible with a 2260 and shorter ratio box. Longer ratio I reckon it would be the air resistance that would kill top speed, as the FSM/FJW boxes have enough gearing for a VERY high potential top speed. There's no way you're getting a Fabia through viscous air at those speeds. Although I reckon with a decent 2260 setup you'd get to 165 if the road was long enough. I could definitely see the risk of an incident similar to the recent GTR at the Nurburgring though...

Let's be honest though... who actually uses these speeds?! Does it really matter, pub talk aside?...

So yes, you're right to call b*lls**t from the no doubt young gentleman on the Facebook group.

There really are some very silly comments and questionable people cropping up on there. Enough to make me lose even more faith with the direction the human race is heading in...

short ratio box won't do 160mph its maxed out at 155mph

I believe its theoretically possible on the long ratio box. A certain fellow from Devon way probably knows the truth of what that box will do with 300bhp behind it. PD160 hybrid isn't 300bhp though...

A certain fellow from Devon knows how bad these cars are at high speed too!  :D  So has only got up to about 145 on the Autobahns on the way to the Ring.  And I did not feel safe

I would much rather have a car which gets to 100mph really quickly than one which can magicly do over 150 etc.  I really care sweet FA about top speed. :)

• Like 2

A certain fellow from Devon knows how bad these cars are at high speed too!   :D  So has only got up to about 145 on the Autobahns on the way to the Ring.  And I did not feel safe

I would much rather have a car which gets to 100mph really quickly than one which can magicly do over 150 etc.  I really care sweet FA about top speed. :)

It was more I'd have thought you'd have done the maths on the ratios :P

It was more I'd have thought you'd have done the maths on the ratios :p

I am well aware of the maths of my theoretical top speed with ooodles of power, long ratio box, and a 5500rpm rev limit :D

• Like 2