MK4 Golf TDI

AdamJonezy

Hi all,

Got myself a 52 plate mk4 golf tdi pd100 Saturday was up for £1295 but haggled down to £1000 biggrin.png has a dint in rear door, central locking is temperamental on drivers door and needs discs on back. Other than that its pretty mint, has coilovers (not sure on make) 19" Audi alloys, cant really make my mind up whether I like them or not yet though. Also has a stainless back box biggrin.png Its had belts done 15k ago and service 5k ago. Bargain in my eyes biggrin.pngThe engine seems nice and strong and it pulls really well. Going from a 1.4 8v Fabia to this is a massive step up in power for me im proper chuft with how well it drives biggrin.png il get some pics up later smile.png

Anybody help with the central locking fault?

Thanks for looking, Jonezy

Couple pics i took from the For Sale Ad so apologies if they are rubbish quality i will get some proper pics up when the weather is okay.

Screenshot_2015-07-24-19-21-39_zpsvxrgln

Screenshot_2015-07-24-19-21-28_zpseqodfx

You can see the dint in the rear door on this one, shouldn't cost to much to get out should it??

Screenshot_2015-07-24-19-21-16_zpsbb1c0q

Thanks for looking, Jonezy

Booked it into Body Shop yesterday to get the dint in rear door sorted, theres a slight dint in front door aswell which im getting sorted whilst its there. So back door, front door, and blown into wing all for £200 not bad really, considering its going to pretty much be a full side respray. Dropping it off at dinner today :) Good job i still have the Fabia insured haha

Got the car back from body shop yesterday pretty chuft with the job he's done looks spot on :D love how shiny it's looking :D just wants rest of body polishing up now :) let me know what you think.

20150731_141519_zpsjxse6u93.jpg

20150731_141529_zpsvauvpper.jpg

20150731_141544_zpsamtieaq4.jpg

20150731_141552_zpsnak2oshd.jpg

Also got my pressed plates through post today will get some pics when I get them fitted over weekend :)

Thanks, Jonezy

Managed to spend a few hours on the car tonight. Changed all 4 wishbone bushes to PSB's, had them on my Fabia and thought they were great so had to get them for this as well as everyone knows the OEM ones a proper dog doo. Managed to change both front top mounts as well as they both had a bit of play and drivers side started knocking. Feels miles better now and steering feels a lot more responsive and stiffer. Whilst it was up noticed it had already had a decat :D previous owner said it had only had a stainless back box so result :D next on the to do list is rear discs and pads but will have to wait til payday now :(

• 1 month later...
So i accidently won these on eBay yesterday. Put a bid on the start price and nobody else bid on them :D just hope they will fit ok. Going to pic them up either tomorrow night or Saturday morning. 

1_zpsmjkxjy3m.jpg

3_zpsxqkejwob.jpg

4_zps6iy7nwfn.jpg

2_zpsby7vu6td.jpg

Can't wait to get them fitted, been told i might need spacers for the fronts though. Anbody have any idea what size spacers i should get? Don't want them to poke.

Got my new rims on over weekend, Managed to get a few quick snaps last night. Sorry about the dirty car and the crap pics haha. Havnt had the time to clean her yet :( 

20150930_174913_zpslraqqh8a.jpg

20150930_174903_zpse6rgrsjw.jpg

20150930_174857_zpsasbf45oh.jpg

20150930_174922_zps5vbkh3a0.jpg

I think they sit quite well :D just need to wind the coils down a bit more now and give her a good polish up.

Thanks, Jonezy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Took this from another forum so...

So this happened at the weekend, JVC headunit out of my old Fabia. The gamma had given up and only wanted to work now and again so had no choice but to change it. 

20160131_173948_zpsc4xy6amb.jpg

And this, Christmas present off the missus only just got round to fitting it. Sorry about the filthy car and very messy boot. But its in and looks pretty good biggrin.png no where near as good as my old 12" but its not bad either. need the boot space for the baby stuff now. Paired it up to a Vibe Slick amp not sure on proper spec but it does the job smile.png

20160131_173446_zpshsxfcsam.jpg

20160131_173459_zpsb27l0by7.jpg

Couldnt help but take this, the other morning. Mate came to work in his van wink.png its amazing. Makes my Golf look even s**ter haha. My coilovers really need winding down a lot. Looks to high at the front sad.png

20160215_073208_zpspvm17fhv.jpg

Thanks, Jonezy
Edited by AdamJonezy

• 2 weeks later...
Did a little bit of pic whoring last night on the way home. Not the best pics but the best i could get with a phone camera :)

And i decided to apply for Show and Shine at Unpahsed16. So got the car booked in for a quote on a full detail with my mate and going to get it lowered more and just generally tidy it up ready for the show :) 

25371338941_b6e8f75cdb_b.jpgShow and Shine by Adam Jones, on Flickr

Sorry for the pic whoring and crappy phone pics haha

Thanks, Jonezy

• 5 months later...
Not posted on here for a while not much has gone on recently lifted all this from another forum. Bought these smartstyle heater knobs i think they look so much better and modernise the centre dash up. Pretty good quality parts. Really happy with them :) 

Before...

20160131_173948_zpsc4xy6amb.jpg

After...

25647570023_965a731385_b.jpgIMG_0333 by Adam Jones, on Flickr

Also bought these recently, full Recaro Interior and a Audi S steering wheel got the lot for £60 so cant complain at all. Need to sell my old sport interior now haha. 

28692955005_f327780f0d_b.jpgIMG_1078 by Adam Jones, on Flickr

And a quick shopping car park pic from other day. 

28692955425_ef83b26bdc_b.jpgIMG_1040 by Adam Jones, on Flickr

And finally pulled my finger out and got the new coilovers fitted, not fully set the heights yet thought id give them time to settle first then mess about leveling it properly. Looks a millions times better already to me tho, really happy with how it looks now. Only managed to get 2 pics over weekend tho with my mates ST...

28711514850_f6e08c346d_b.jpgDSC_0017 by Adam Jones, on Flickr

28711512950_83ded899dc_b.jpgDSC_0011 by Adam Jones, on Flickr

Will try get some better pics soon. 

Thanks, Jonezy

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in here for a while, not much has happened really. But a lot shall be happening in the next few months  :)  

Took the posts below off another forum so sorry if it doesnt make full sense.

So.... Not posted in this for a while now, anyway clutch has started to slip. Been expecting it really think its the original and then with doing the remap was bound to happen sometime soon. 

Think im going to upgrade to the VR6 clutch and G60 flywheel instead of the original. Makes sense with me wanting more power. Been reading a lot and for the extra money seems worth it. 

Plans for the future are...

G60 Flywheel VR6 Clutch,
PD130 / PD150 Turbo
PD130 / PD150 Injectors
Front Mount Intercooler
EGR Delete
Then custom remap...

Then start tarting the body work up i think. 
Also bought a 4motion front splitter to make the front end look a bit better aswell. Should arrive next week.

If anybody else has any input on good upgrades for some extra ponies feel free to comment. Any help is welcome.

Heres a pic of the Golf in front of the caravan we stopped in last week to keep pictures updated haha. Was a lovely week up Northumberland way...

29482679533_50015d41fa_b.jpgDSC_0341 by Adam Jones, on Flickr

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sooooo after scouring the web for over a week i've got most of the parts ordered. Just waiting for them to arrive now.

Parts I've ordered upto now are...
Low Mileage PD130 Injectors
New Bosch Injector seal kits
PD130 Inlet Manifold
Darkside SMIC Kit with 57mm EGR Delete
G60 Flywheel
VR6 Sachs Clutch Kit
Flywheel bolts
3 Bar MAP Sensor

I think thats it all up to now :) 

Only thing left to get now is the Turbo, can not for the life of me find a decent PD150 and unfortunately cant stretch to buy new :(
Just the waiting game now until one comes up then its fit everything and get it custom mapped to see what it can make :D proper can't wait.
Oh and need the airbox lid and airbox pipework off a PD130 aswell :D 

And heres a crappy blurry picture from last night.

30259039075_8dec55480d_b.jpgDSC_0358 by Adam Jones, on Flickr

30259039075_8dec55480d_b.jpg

MOT time today, should pass  :unsure: :lol:

Sorry if none of this makes much sense  :notme: 

Thanks, Jonezy