swmbo's Abarth 500! our new baby ;)

sharkrider

Looks very nice, shame the wheels have taken a few knocks/scratches, was it private or dealer?

33mpg!

What size engine/bhp does it have for that sort of fuel return?

yeah, the wheels will be refurbished, Ash wont stand for the curbing long, she wanted to put a note on saying "it wasn't me!" a few scratches, ring/keys by door handles ect , they will come out easy with a "proper" polish, just the laquer, nothing deep :)

its a 1.4 turbo petrol, allegedly 135bhp, possibly 165bhp lol.....super unleaded.

it was an Abarth dealer, she spent a long time looking for the car she wanted, the dealer has a really good rep, and the process was easy and pleasant :)

6 month warranty included, there is a bit of plastic trim missing from the wiper cover, they can start by supplying that for us! lol...

They don't need big power as they weight half of a family car. :D

Do like these, look fun.

Real busy little pocket rocket.

So fun at normal speeds unlike all the super capable big power cars.

Congrats on the new car Ash, I'm sure you'll love it!

Maybe not the fuel economy though, that's a bit different from the Citigo. ;)

• Like 2

Lovely car Ash,

They do handle very well, had one as a px last year, also driven the twinair which isn't as slow as what people say, but you do have to have your foot to the floor.

• Like 1

Hi everyone , it's a lot different than the citigo - the turning circle is quite comedic :D  I dont mind the fuel use so much as i drive about 10 miles a day (when not attending briskoda events ) .

Doesn't feel like mine yet , it needs a good clean ! some mats and other bits . I really like the black and red combo , originally wanted a pearlescent white with the red interior - no-one seems to spec the sunroof and i have to have a sunroof !

I won't be going to show up Dave - he'll end up wanting to drive/track my car even more  :sweat:

• Like 2

slight change to my review after driving it on my local roads today! lol.... the ride IS rock solid! lol..... still, it makes it feel more like a little go-kart! still haven't been able to get any more info on the exhaust, ash took a pic of the plate on the silencer and is going to contact ragazzon to find out if they do a quiet version! lol...

I dont know if 2nd gear is really short, but from putting your foot down to red line takes about 1 second! :o

much fun to drive :)

been out for a nice long drive in the Abarth today , just getting to know it ;)

some more Abarth madness, there is a switch on the dash, what you would assume is the traction control.... errr, no. you cannot turn off the traction control or the ESP... this switch is for the electronic diff (Abarths version of XDS) and just to add to that madness... its OFF by default! I have no idea of the reasoning behind this, needless to say I turn it on...

the diff is quite aggressive (maybe this is a reason why its off by default?) much more so than my vRS on medium settings, morelike the vRS on max. It does the job though! you get not power understeer off corners/roundabouts ect ! it just turns and goes!

I have pushed it a bit more today, handles very well, no roll, bouncy ride, brakes are good, good feel and stopping power, the car is suprisingly stable at higher speeds and when being flung around than you might think! feels like a bigger car!

steering is very precise, short rack for sure, but its SO electronic... there's no real "feel"  you can tell its "simulated" weight... again after living with a mark I MX5, I doubt any other steering is going to feel any good at all!

it was tramlining less than I remember before, but I did adjust the front tyre pressures on Ash's request, this may have helped.

really enjoyed zooming around in it (at 30 mpg! :o) read up on what boost its suposed to get, as I saw 1.3 bar on the dial, and apparently this is normal, so no clue there as to whether its mapped, its definatly quicker than the MX5, not sure if it would keep up with the vRS, but it feels strong.... it growls as well! very deep throated howl from it when reving..

really nice touch is the dial with the boost gauge on top of the dash has a flashing icon in it, in sport it flashes as you approach the rev limiter, and you can see it like a head up display, so you dont need to look at the revs for a change up point to avoid the limiter :) it tells you in your peripheral vision, just like a F1 car! lol... brilliant :)

although the seats look good, there is not enough support, you slide off.

steering wheel is awesome. even more makes me want the nice one out of the octy 3 vRS in my car :(

blue & me works well. unlike the media system in my vRS which takes an hour to load up the hard drive before it will play anything!

very quick point to point car!

some pics :)

we stopped it the top of this (honister pass) before we cam down, to give room to fly ;)

IMG_0426.jpg

and the continuation, generally ruined by slow tourists who have no idea how wide their cars are...

IMG_0427.jpg

may have to be going out in this more ;) (provided we can afford fuel!!!!)