Anyone else uninstalled Windows 10?

Sheldon.Cooper

Installed Win10 yesterday... took it off and back to Win7 today.

Just so slow, installed Java about 5 times, each time said successful then when trying to get video card drivers (Nvidia GTX760) kept saying Java out of date.

"lost" all my documents, weren't in Windows.old anywhere.

Went back to Win7, absolutely perfect.

Won't even consider any "upgrade" until at least Win 10 Sp1 comes out

I think it's a huge conspiracy to get all the computers onto win10 & then they don't have to support the older operating systems. Then they have total world control/domination with one carp operating system!

I don't like being a lab rat for such stuff..................

• Like 3

I think it's a huge conspiracy to get all the computers onto win10 & then they don't have to support the older operating systems. Then they have total world control/domination with one carp operating system!

I don't like being a lab rat for such stuff..................

But like the new iOS from Apple. A complete **** up :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear you had problems Sheldon. Mines been absolutely fine, although it did fail to install using the Windows 10 installer on the taskbar. I ended up using the 'software creation tool' from MS. It not only downloads the Win 10 files, but installs them and allows you to create a bootable dvd for a clean install should you need it. You don't need a product key either when doing this upgrade or even a clean install. It won't ask for one as you are listed on a special server that verifies the authenticity of the software and you are automatically activated. My initial reaction is that it's stunningly good, but we'll see won't we!

The way M$ have rushed it out, there are a lot of people going back to 7/8 because of lack of driver support; then there are the privacy issues; the M$ data slurp includes most of your documents for starters - it makes FaceBook/Google data slurps look like "Name, Rank, and Serial Number"

I'm back on 8.1 after crash a few days after 10 instal I got " bad system config info" message. Unable to go back to restore point or enter safe mode without said message appearing on blue screen, I had to re install 8.1. Luckily all my docs, music etc were backed up on my WD My Cloud.

There won't ever be an SP1 with Win10, it's a constant stream of updates and there will never be an official service pack.

I'm finding it a lot faster than Win7.

I've heard that some Nvidia hardware is giving problems. I've Nvidia in my laptop but it's been fine.

See this is why I always wait at least 3 months after something like this comes out before changing. Let the guinypigs get it and then read their reviews. If they say it's crap then leave well alone. I'll be staying on 8.1 thanks. I wish I'd bought this laptop sooner so I could have had windows 7 but I didn't have the money.

• Like 1

I think Windows 10 is excellent and I have recently just upgraded my gaming PC to Windows 10 after running Windows 10 Dev Preview for the last couple of months without any issue at all.

• Like 1

The way M$ have rushed it out, there are a lot of people going back to 7/8 because of lack of driver support; then there are the privacy issues; the M$ data slurp includes most of your documents for starters - it makes FaceBook/Google data slurps look like "Name, Rank, and Serial Number"

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/07/22/

• Like 1

Why is a data slurp ok when it's Google, Apple or Facebook but bad when it's Microsoft?

I found the reporting settings and they weren't hard to turn off.

MS tells you up front what it does and it actually defending European Data Security in the US courts right now. OK it's not exactly altruistic, they're defending EU business interests, but Google et al don't give a toss and are taking everything they can about you legally and illegally in defiance of EU rulings.

None of these services are free, the fee is the monetisation of your data.

MS is giving away the OS because it's a gateway to their other services that can either be sold to you or can monetise you. Just the same as Google, Apple and Facebook.

• Like 3

"MS" is a medical condition, would you rather I use that as short-hand??

I thought Multiple Sclerosis was the medical condition, not the 2 letters on their own? The same abbreviations can be used for many things they are not directly tied to one thing or the other. ATM for example is short hand for more than one thing... 

• Like 2

My computers have never run so quick now they're on Windows 10.

Although my Laptop did initially run a bit slow but I decided to just do a fresh install of Windows 10 anyway as I'd been intending on doing this for a while anyway. If you do this though you have to upgrade first, make sure windows has activated itself over the internet and acquired a windows 10 license and then do a fresh install using your windows 7 or 8 serial (windows 8 laptops don't have a serial as it's built into the BIOS).

Phil

• Like 1

See this is why I always wait at least 3 months after something like this comes out before changing. Let the guinypigs get it and then read their reviews. If they say it's crap then leave well alone. I'll be staying on 8.1 thanks. I wish I'd bought this laptop sooner so I could have had windows 7 but I didn't have the money.

Pretty sure you can downgrade your licence to Windows 7 assuming its a legit copy of 8.1 for free.

I've no interest in going back, everything I've tested in Windows 10 works perfectly well on the Acer W810 tablet. I also have a VM as well on my Mac which I use for testing, its staying there as well.

The whole privacy thing makes me laugh, Googles Android and ChromeOS along with apples iOS has been doing this for ages. The only real concern is Wifi Sense, so that I have disabled whilst all the rest remain fully active.

• Like 2

Installed W10 over the weekend. Backed up all docs etc first but needn't have as everything was there after the upgrade.

Laptop boots faster than 7 Pro and seems to run quicker

If people are so against MS products there are other O/S' available. Some are even free ie costle$$ :)

• Like 1

As showed in another Windows 10 thread I am not that up on it all.  OK I have used computers for years and managed to crash them knacker them and generally bimble about them in my own clueless way.  To date Microsoft may have masses of information about me but I don't see anything evil happening to me as a result. 

As has been said above Google and others track our moves and we are inundated with ads that may interest us and other rubbish if we are not careful but as far as I know most of that can be stopped in some form. I prefer Firefox as in it I can stop all the adverts on web pages but sadly at the moment I have not found a way to use it on 10 as it crashes the laptop.  That is the only thing I have found wrong with 10 and whether it works or not I can use Chromw which no doubt will supply Google with even more information about me that I sincerely hope they find useful.

On here and another forum I use I have noticed the usual Windows critics (not seen anyone on here suggesting Linux is the end to all out troubles yet though) yet Apple is paraded as the be all and end all yet you are tied in just as much if not more to their product with that.  As far as I am aware Bill Gates whether he is liked or not brought the computer world on in leaps and bounds many years ago and since that time he may just as well be working for the Devil.

Yes we probably are being spied on by all and sundry but then we live in a Country where there are more CCTV cameras then anywhere else and yet I can still do pretty much what I like and say what I like without stormtroopers breaking my door down to whisk me away in the dead of night.

I think the answer is if Windows or whatever is so bad don't use it, don't go on line and whatever you do don't leave the house! 

OK a bit TIC (that means tongue in cheek just in case anyone is confused and mistakes it for something sinister) and no offence intended to anyone but really sometimes people make me laugh.

• Like 1