The Superb III Picture thread

10 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Can you chose your plate number in Latvia?

in Latvia we can choose from ~100 numbers from the day list, that costs 150€
but for 4000€ you can write any latin symbols combination, which must be polite of course

5953.jpg

12 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Looks awesome @Adaminski, some subtle badge changes make a real difference 👏 

One of the nicest looking Sportlines I've seen 👍

Any plans to go full 'stormtrooper' with some black wheels? 

I can supply Disney toys as copyright infringement by Penguin17 for the dashboard feature. George Lucas was not hurt during the making of this post.:tongueout:

48 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Looks awesome @Adaminski, some subtle badge changes make a real difference 👏 

One of the nicest looking Sportlines I've seen 👍

Any plans to go full 'stormtrooper' with some black wheels? 

I'll probably keep the alloys as I trade once every two years. But I love that idea! Cheers mate! I have gotten really fond of it lately. Drove the iv. PHEV in race blue but they wanted like 7k upfront with my car for 550 per month. With was a bit steep.. 

36 minutes ago, CHoper5 said:

Black badges etc look great @Adaminski  is this an aftermarket spec or can you get them supplied on a new car?

The new ones have black writing but not black emblems. I got them from superskoda. The front emblem fits the back too! 

58 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Looking good with the black badges. Shame about the bloke with the dodgy pony tail.:tongueout:

😉😉😉 The ponytail is mint 😂😂😂 jk cheers mate! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Looking good with the black badges. Shame about the bloke with the dodgy pony tail.:tongueout:

Love the badge change.

like the choice of black instead of chrome on the white background.

matches the white car and the de chromed front grille on the sport line.

Works just as well as the standard badge does with chrome on my metallic black SEL as the front grille is black with chrome to match and always thought the Standard badge looks particularly good on a black car.

changed the old green badges for the newer black chrome on my old Superb Elegance as they looked so much better.

Really nice look on your Sportline.

42 minutes ago, CHoper5 said:

Cool thanks @Adaminski : )  Were they difficult to fit.. i bet getting the original; ones off is tricky? Cheers Chris

No hassle! Nope they were dead easy to be honest. 

I used dental floss for the letters and an old credit card for them emblem. 

Mask off the top bottom and sides of the writing (I went with the S on the superb and A on the skoda, maybe going with the B and S would have been better but either worked for me.. 

Make sure the tape is perfectly inline with top and bottom of each letter, once you remove the glue from the you won't have a clue where they were. Use a good masking tape that won't peel or tear when you are cleaning the gunk off the letters. 

Now the Skoda writing I got was a bit too wide and tall so I line it up with the bottom of the previous one but worked the same none the less..

Heat letters for a few seconds or a minute tops with a hair dryer. Use dental floss to saw or peel the corner gently like you would wall paper.. 

Once they're off use ipa wipes to get the old glue off. Reheat if needs be. (this is why you need good masking tape). 

The new lettering comes ready to apply so peel off the backing only!! Line up, keep a steady hand and press for all your worth for a few seconds.. (I actually half opened the boot to get a better angle on applying it.)

The emblems are a bit more awkward.. If you get the old ones off in one piece then you should be a qualified brain surgeon. They will brake or crack or snap but it's grand. 

Mask all the way around, it is just to protect the paint as you will be levering these off... Once heated enough again you can use floss to saw as much as possible and then use the old card to pry them off. 

The new ones will line up straight give a mm or 2. There are three pegs on the badges that line up with the car.. Once badge is right way up you're laughing. 

Clean gunk as above.. Heat the surface of the car up with the hair dryer and the same with the back of the new badge while the backing paper is on. A few seconds will do. Peel off backing and apply. Again push harder than superman pushing a freight train on a cloudy day... 

Do the same for the front but be careful pushing too hard as you may dent the bonnet. 

Bob's your uncle. 

Superskoda sell only FRONT badges and they will tell you they don't fit the rear. Mine did and maybe a month on they're still there. I'd say it's a 97 percent fit due but they are the same size. 

Superskoda even had 2 front badges with question marks and highlighter on my invoice. 

I'll post a better guide later perhaps! 

• Like 2