The Superb III Picture thread

8 hours ago, mulders said:

My new Superb Sportline 150 DSG. Its a cracking looking car with the silver and black looking great together. Its got a few options on it, Front Sensors, Heated Seats, Electric boot, Spare Wheel. Still getting to grips with all the settings but loving it. 

IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

Lovely car. Are they the vega 19"? In black?

• Like 4

On 28. 3. 2017 at 00:24, Sagalout said:

Very nice. That colour looks much better than it does on the website video. It would be nice to see some once you have it out in the real world please. What do you think to the match between the Cappucino Beige exterior and the beige interior, does it go as well as you hoped?

I was affraid of the color, cause couldn't see one in real life. Was very pleasantly surprised, color looks fantastic in life. It shines in the sun and looks elegant on a cloudy day. Unortunately I have no other pic than this one with my spoiling figure in front so... :)

Combo with beige interior is for me bingo. Just right not to scream and enough difference to look really good.

20170325_122105s.jpg

This is how it looks in the setting sun and a bit of a shadow. Different but to me very nice. :)

20170328_180738.jpg

Edited by niceasmay
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2017 at 08:05, mulders said:

My new Superb Sportline 150 DSG. Its a cracking looking car with the silver and black looking great together. Its got a few options on it, Front Sensors, Heated Seats, Electric boot, Spare Wheel. Still getting to grips with all the settings but loving it. 

IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

Best looking car so far..

I only wish i didnt jump the gun and ordered a SE Business before the sportline was unveiled.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RickTT said:

Best looking car so far..

I only wish i didnt jump the gun and ordered a SE Business before the sportline was unveiled.

Thanks! I debated it in grey as they had one in the showroom and test drove one in dragon yellow but glad I went with silver. Think it suits the sport line perfectly. 

On 12/24/2016 at 14:25, hpoom said:

Picked car up yesterday. I am sure colour will be Marmite, some will love some will hate. Personally I am over the moon and love it. So pleased I changed the wheels to also be black.

gallery_84504_2142_1088353.jpg

Car is:

SportLine 2.0 TSI 280 PS 4x4 DSG in Dragon Green

Extras added:

Rear side airbags (PE2)
Temporary steel spare wheel (PJB)
Virtual pedal (PK9)
Heated windscreen (PKV)
Smart light assist with Lane assist and Blind spot detection (PNG)
Park assist (PPA)
Wireless phone charging with Bluetooth+ and Wi-Fi (PT5)
Canton sound system (RA3)
Heated windscreen washer nozzles (9T1)
Crew Protection Assistant (7W2)
Sliding trunk cover (3U2)
Boot nets (6M3)
Rear-view parking camera (KA2)
Special exterior paint (FB1)

Heated front seats (4A3)

What wheels are they? I asked the Skoda Dealer about ordering that type of wheel and told I couldn't order them

10 hours ago, aidangill said:

What wheels are they? I asked the Skoda Dealer about ordering that type of wheel and told I couldn't order them

The wheels are Black 19" Supernova alloys from the Skoda UK accessory catalogue. You can not order them on a new car, but you can order them additional to the car, switch them over then sell the other wheels.

That is what i had to do. I did it because i thought non-black wheels on the Sportline was a mistake by Skoda. I know some like the Sportline wheels but with all the chrome blacked out i wanted black wheels and was not willing to go down to 18" wheels. So these or a non skoda wheel were my only option.

• Like 1

My car also arrived this morning. Not the best pic but after 3 hours detailing it the sun decided not to come out for my photo. It's a L&K 2.0 tdi 150 dsg in Quartz Grey. Only driven it 12 miles so far so need to give it a good run to really appreciate it. 

IMG_0377.JPG

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tigermad said:

My car also arrived this morning. Not the best pic but after 3 hours detailing it the sun decided not to come out for my photo. It's a L&K 2.0 tdi 150 dsg in Quartz Grey. Only driven it 12 miles so far so need to give it a good run to really appreciate it. 

IMG_0377.JPG

Looks great. Not even driven mine yet :( i need a full day of good weather so i can get cracking at making it shiny!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deanhempshall said:

Pre-wash: Serious Performance Citrus
IMG_20170401_172339.jpg

Wash: Bilt Hamber Auto Wash by 2bm
Dried: Sonus waffle weave towel

All door shuts wiped down etc...

IMG_20170401_180257.jpg
IMG_20170401_175842.jpg
IMG_20170401_175831.jpg
IMG_20170401_180121.jpg

All set for claying, sealing and waxing tomorrow.....Wife permitting.

Hi, do you think it is necessary or will make any difference claying a new car? Only ask because I decided not to do mine.

On 25/03/2017 at 16:25, biomulv said:

My week old SE Technology.

Love that they changed the default wheels.

IMG_20170325_131533_01_01.jpg

Hey.  Just ordered one the same but the SEL Exec. Love the pegasus alloys but still don't know if they are diamond cut. Are they? 

picked mine up at 3 yesterday (Saturday). so i could only get a bit of a crappy picture from a really nice Video the salesman sent me about an hour before I picked it up. so, some proper pictures tomorrow, weather permitting. and a surprise too.

supcit.JPG

Edited by Silverfox73
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedman said:

Hi, do you think it is necessary or will make any difference claying a new car? Only ask because I decided not to do mine.

It completely depends upon what you're doing after it. For me i asked the dealer not to prep the car as i wanted to apply my own coatings etc.... They appear to have listened however it still seems to have transit wax of some sort on it. 

The only way to really strip it back to basics is by claying.

I'm planning to clay then apply 2 coats of chemical guys blacklight then top it off with 1 coat of ODK SiNuba wax.

8 hours ago, blueSup said:

Lava Blue can get a real purple colour to it when the sun gets low in the sky. It's hard to catch.

That shows purple would be a nice color for superb!

Edited by toni8b

19 hours ago, deanhempshall said:

It completely depends upon what you're doing after it. For me i asked the dealer not to prep the car as i wanted to apply my own coatings etc.... They appear to have listened however it still seems to have transit wax of some sort on it. 

The only way to really strip it back to basics is by claying.

I'm planning to clay then apply 2 coats of chemical guys blacklight then top it off with 1 coat of ODK SiNuba wax.

22 hours ago, Speedman said:

I decided not to clay mine. Used korrosol and bilt hamber cleansing fluid and it was a smooth as silk ready for the lsp (double speed wax)

I decided not to clay mine. Used korrosol and bilt hamber cleansing fluid and it was a smooth as silk ready for the lsp (double speed wax)

I went ahead and clayed mine, although it is going to need some more correction than just applying blacklight and wax.

Well it's rather swirly, ive not done any full correction just yet as I've not had the time.

Only managed to get the drivers side done before it got too warm.

Clayed: Slim's fine clay & dodo clay lube
Sealed: 2 coats of chemical guys blacklight by DA
Wax: ODK SiNuba

B Pillars Before:
IMG_20170402_125250.jpg

Drivers door before:
IMG_20170402_121812.jpg

B pillar after:
IMG_20170402_130338.jpg

Drivers door after:
IMG_20170402_124800.jpg

Drivers side After:
IMG_20170402_143654.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, deanhempshall said:

I went ahead and clayed mine, although it is going to need some more correction than just applying blacklight and wax.

Well it's rather swirly, ive not done any full correction just yet as I've not had the time.

Only managed to get the drivers side done before it got too warm.

Clayed: Slim's fine clay & dodo clay lube
Sealed: 2 coats of chemical guys blacklight by DA
Wax: ODK SiNuba

B Pillars Before:
IMG_20170402_125250.jpg

Drivers door before:
IMG_20170402_121812.jpg

B pillar after:
IMG_20170402_130338.jpg

Drivers door after:
IMG_20170402_124800.jpg

Drivers side After:
IMG_20170402_143654.jpg

Looks fantastic. So what product removed the swirls? Black light or have you polished it with a rotary?

Looks fantastic. So what product removed the swirls? Black light or have you polished it with a rotary?

I applied blacklight with a da so did one coat as i would for swirl removal then a 2nd coat as directed. There are still some swirls in it but until i have more time to do a full correction they will have to remain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deanhempshall said:

I applied blacklight with a da so did one coat as i would for swirl removal then a 2nd coat as directed. There are still some swirls in it but until i have more time to do a full correction they will have to remain.

Just googled. Didn't realise what a da was :-). Wish I could do that on mine. Fabulous shine.