The Superb III Picture thread

25 minutes ago, Hacks80 said:

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

Super. This colour is perfect. Definnetly will go for it. I like it, and also I am making a change from Octavia VRS to Superb, so a colour change is a needed. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

It looks bleak there today, any regrets in not getting a rear wiper fitted? I ordered one on mine but I think the rear end looks much cleaner without. 

I know what you mean about the lines and a cleaner look, but I came home in the rain after dark the other night and was grateful for the rear wiper. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freelunch said:

I know what you mean about the lines and a cleaner look, but I came home in the rain after dark the other night and was grateful for the rear wiper. 

Indeed my Passat CC had no rear wiper and it was a PITA on frosty mornings or when I was driving at anything less than motorway speeds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

It looks bleak there today, any regrets in not getting a rear wiper fitted? I ordered one on mine but I think the rear end looks much cleaner without. 

Typical that today- right at the top of the window, a bird has decided to empty itself... could have done with a wiper, but I'll sacrifice one for the improved look (imo)

i also asked for it to be de-badged but I think someone "forgot"

On 27/01/2017 at 23:26, hpoom said:

Some more pictures of my Dragon Green Superb Estate. Taken by KDS after detailing.

large.car-1.jpeg.cf03aa9ceed2d658798792f

large.car-2.jpeg.71963858069c0618cacc674

large.car-3.jpeg.823d62a132004154fa30cbc

large.car-6.jpeg.c163614ece806b960e445b2

So how does this colour look once it has the UK winter dirt all over it ?  Still works ?

• Like 3

Will you people stop reposting pictures of that car.  I always get jealous:envy:.

As for dirty cars Rick you have to understand that W Yorks has a particular type of filth on the roads. Certainly was around when I were a lad:wink:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RickTT said:

So how does this colour look once it has the UK winter dirt all over it ?  Still works ?

I can't tell yet. So far I have not gone more than 2 weeks without washing it. Mostly been washing it every weekend. I will take a picture this weekend before I wash it, but there is not much dirt on it. Still looks great!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, markmuddimer said:

Ok, after little wait I've got my car back complete with Gtechniq Black CS/ Exo coasting and gloss black roof wrap, also got the interior protected too so whould be set for a little while now... All I can say is the black wrap tranforms the car. Here it is:

20170209_171434.jpg

20170209_171502.jpg

That looks pretty damn nice B)

How are you finding the car, so far? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, penguin17 said:

That looks pretty damn nice B)

How are you finding the car, so far? 

Hi Penguin, having had its treatments Ive only done 70 miles in total thus far. Things I am missing include rear wiper (although it does affect the look of the car) and rear camera. Loving the stance of the car and the heated seats!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markmuddimer said:

Hi Penguin, having had its treatments Ive only done 70 miles in total thus far. Things I am missing include rear wiper (although it does affect the look of the car) and rear camera. Loving the stance of the car and the heated seats!

It looks really good.  Who done your roof?   I'm in East Northants and am looking for someone to do mine....

On 10/02/2017 at 10:24, markmuddimer said:

Things I am missing include rear wiper (although it does affect the look of the car) 

Did you get the windows treated when you had the Gtechniq applied?

When mine was done the rear window kept clear for about 10 months, it now needs doing again and only now can I see why others insist on the rear wiper, but with the Gtechniq applied I honestly believe the rear wiper is not required (several owners have complained the rear washer / wiper is not that effective anyway) 

• Like 1

i opted for the back windscreen wiper, although really couldn't decide when i had the option.

think it looks better without but was watching a review and they said it is better with, hope i made the right decision.

2 hours ago, Gizmo68 said:

When mine was done the rear window kept clear for about 10 months, it now needs doing again and only now can I see why others insist on the rear wiper, but with the Gtechniq applied I honestly believe the rear wiper is not required (several owners have complained the rear washer / wiper is not that effective anyway) 

Yes I did. Will have to get out there to test it but as I'm off this week I am being rather lazy.

On 09/02/2017 at 21:22, markmuddimer said:

Ok, after little wait I've got my car back complete with Gtechniq Black CS/ Exo coasting and gloss black roof wrap, also got the interior protected too so whould be set for a little while now... All I can say is the black wrap tranforms the car. Here it is:

20170209_171434.jpg

20170209_171502.jpg

Wow. Fab colour. Is that a custom paint job?

3 hours ago, Gizmo68 said:

How is the Gtechniq holding up? Do you do much to maintain it?

6 minutes ago, knfruitbat said:

How is the Gtechniq holding up? Do you do much to maintain it?

Very well, I didn’t even pick up a stone chip for well over 10K miles (they do not claim to reduce stone chips but it can’t help surely?)

I have not done anything to it apart from the usual snow foam / 2BM wash, nothing has been added to it and it still beads nicely, don’t get me wrong they are not amazing beads but it is clearly still doing its job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markmuddimer said:

No its corrida red I think the inspection lights really affect the white balance which makes it look more orange.

Yes. Thought it was orange :-)

If you had a look at the Pantone Matching System colour swatches, you would call Corrida Red a warm red - and it is rather a halfway house between red and orange, but closer to red. It's surprising how different it looks under different lighting conditions. I was undecided at first, but I'm liking it now.

I chose Quartz grey but must admit i do like the red now, thought it might be a bit plain going for solid red but it really looks smart.

Anyone know of any good reviews on the new skoda superb?? think i have been through youtube a few times and watched pretty much everything.  But wondered if anyone knew of anywhere else :-)

Its as about as close as i can get to one until i get mine in march lol

I think all of the online auto press have reviews of the 2016 Superb and/or Sportline. (Auto Express, Autocar, Car Magazine, Car & Driver, Road & Track, What Car? etc.) None of them give the car less than four out of five stars. It's one of the main reasons I went for the Skoda. That and the obvious practicality of the brand, both design and cost. And availability.

I really wanted a new Alfa Romeo Giulia, but couldn't get my hands on a petrol model for a couple months. I felt I was settling on the Sportline. Now, after driving it in all conditions and on some pretty challenging single-track lanes, I'm feeling quite positive about my choice. Which is rather fortunate...

• Like 3