OK, so I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here but I've ordered some mud flaps in advance of the new car arriving, I've paid £34.34 on skodadop.com for a front & rear set, including delivery. Pretty sure that's gonna be cheap compared to a UK dealer....if it turns out to be true, we'll see 

Part numbers for future reference are: Front Pair 3V0075111, Rear Pair 3V0075101.

In the German Superb III accessory price listing (why is there no UK version of this?) they're €24.90 each, so front + rear set is €49.80. At current exchange rate that's about £36.

Can't answer for mud flaps, but I did order a set of wheels using the German catalogue, through a UK dealership, and they work out virtually the same price in sterling (£190) as euros (€265) using todays best tourist exchange rate (1.39).

In the German Superb III accessory price listing (why is there no UK version of this?) they're €24.90 each, so front + rear set is €49.80. At current exchange rate that's about £36.

Can't answer for mud flaps, but I did order a set of wheels using the German catalogue, through a UK dealership, and they work out virtually the same price in sterling (£190) as euros (€265) using todays best tourist exchange rate (1.39).

Well I'm happy at £34 delivered to my door. Some UK dealers still want £49.95 for a set for the Superb II so we'll probably get ripped off as usual.

You're actually going to pay for mud flaps on a new car!!   After spending that kind of money mats and flaps should definitely be thrown in.  I've never paid for them and there was never even any quibble from the dealer either.  Only exception maybe is if the deal is a company car etc (and you don't have much bargaining power) but on a private buy it should be pretty standard IMO.  Is a dealer going to lose a sale because of that....??

You're actually going to pay for mud flaps on a new car!!   After spending that kind of money mats and flaps should definitely be thrown in.  I've never paid for them and there was never even any quibble from the dealer either.  Only exception maybe is if the deal is a company car etc (and you don't have much bargaining power) but on a private buy it should be pretty standard IMO.  Is a dealer going to lose a sale because of that....??

But how would that work for the online dealers where you get a decent discount upfront? I think with those, they've already negotiated the lowest price already so there would be no room for anything else.

You're actually going to pay for mud flaps on a new car!! After spending that kind of money mats and flaps should definitely be thrown in. I've never paid for them and there was never even any quibble from the dealer either. Only exception maybe is if the deal is a company car etc (and you don't have much bargaining power) but on a private buy it should be pretty standard IMO. Is a dealer going to lose a sale because of that....??

Totally agree, if I was buying, but, the car will be on a 2 yr private lease and I want to keep it in good nick. I'm sure the supplying dealer would oblige, at a price.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update the thread as OP, these mud flaps arrived in less than a week.

A note to anyone thinking of buying the front set, a hole requires drilling so could be a wheel off job.

Do you have to insert a plastic fixing into the hole? if so I assume these are supplied (they were on the MKII)

Yes you've got it Gizmo. Without the actual car to refer to it's difficult to know exactly what you're drilling into but I assume it's the wheelarch liner. There is a push in plastic fixing supplied, along with the metal retainers etc.

• 2 months later...

Ditto, never leave the showroom without them being thrown in. Mats are part of the car so there is no way I'd pay for them. This is the norm here, must be different in the UK?

So has anyone fitted mud flaps yet and do the wheels need to come off?

For the front flaps just turn the wheel to full lock so you have easy access & do the same the otherside. You may need to remove the back wheels depending on the tools you use.

• Like 1

For the front flaps just turn the wheel to full lock so you have easy access & do the same the otherside. You may need to remove the back wheels depending on the tools you use.

Thank you :)

Ditto, never leave the showroom without them being thrown in. Mats are part of the car so there is no way I'd pay for them. This is the norm here, must be different in the UK?

For me it’s irrelevant if they are on the car when I collect it (or in this case it’s delivered).

It all comes down to the total price you pay I would rather get the best deal on the car (21% discount) and pay the €24 for the flaps and fit them myself as it’s only a half hour job (and can be done with the wheels on the car).

Obviously if you are not in a position to fit them yourself then negotiating a deal on the dealer to fit them may be your best option.

For me it’s irrelevant if they are on the car when I collect it (or in this case it’s delivered).

It all comes down to the total price you pay I would rather get the best deal on the car (21% discount) and pay the €24 for the flaps and fit them myself as it’s only a half hour job (and can be done with the wheels on the car).

Obviously if you are not in a position to fit them yourself then negotiating a deal on the dealer to fit them may be your best option.

Let me know if there are any magic tips for fitting these when you've done yours would you please ;)

• Like 1

@Prykey - Just take your time - that's my tip. I put them on my QashQai not long after I got it and boy did it make a difference to the amount of dirt that gets thrown up the sides. 

• Like 1

I negotiate the best price with the flaps thrown in aswell!!!!! ;-)

• Like 1

I'm leasing but still negotiated mats in at the same price.

Well done you. Are you leasing via a third party leasing company or dealing directly with a dealer? I'm guessing the latter.

Have ordered front & rear flaps from Superskoda (plus a cover for the rear transmission tunnel).

Full set of flaps plus the tunnel cover, came to about £29 incl. delivery.

Done the very same myself, plus the very neat fold out load area mat that covers up the seat backs when you fold them down to extend the load area (Its also split so you can cover every combination of folded seat back), these are available for both the Hatch and Estate :)

Done the very same myself, plus the very neat fold out load area mat that covers up the seat backs when you fold them down to extend the load area (Its also split so you can cover every combination of folded seat back), these are available for both the Hatch and Estate :)

Ooh I didn't see that....any chance of a link ?

Edited by muddyboots