The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

Well I invested in a cam and it's been so far so good, couple of clips that I got but somehow deleted instead of saving. Got the following clip from earlier today. 

https://youtu.be/jvNAG00FPFs

EDIT: How do I get mine like everyone else?

Use media tags and take the s out of the https.

http://youtu.be/jvNAG00FPFs

Edited by trundlenut

Using movie maker to edit, videos don't seem to be as clear once uploaded to YT as when I'm watching them from memory card.

Couple of clips from a complete idiot this afternoon. Tailgated me in a 30MPH zone in his little Clio, I then pulled away rapidly when I hit the national and he eventually caught me up when I stayed at 55. We then went through another 30 zone, where he was about to overtake in a narrow section. I was doing 27 and moved the car slightly to stop him, maybe I shouldn't have, but this is a 30 zone FFS. He beeped me and I may have gesticulated and swore a lot. A lot (hence the mute).

He finally went for it, just as other cars were coming. I shouldn't have bombed it after, but it really did wind me up - a 50 or 60 zone when I'm 10 or 15 miles an hour under and fair enough. But a 30 zone is there for a reason.

I then left him to it and came up behind him at a roundabout - he then pulled this one out the bag just avoiding the Mondeo. Driving a 1.2 or 1.4 like its a Clio Cup. Moron.

Edited by ToffeeMRD

Well I invested in a cam and it's been so far so good, couple of clips that I got but somehow deleted instead of saving. Got the following clip from earlier today. 

https://youtu.be/jvNAG00FPFs

EDIT: How do I get mine like everyone else?

It looked like you were lane hogging to me.

Video also looks weird - did YouTube tell you your video was shaky and offer to correct it? Makes it look like you're driving a boat!

• Like 4

It looked like you were lane hogging to me.

Video also looks weird - did YouTube tell you your video was shaky and offer to correct it? Makes it look like you're driving a boat!

Wasn't Lane hogging, I overtake him and the truck, also continue to do 75?

Yeah you're right, offered to fix it for me. Should I click no next time then?

Wasn't Lane hogging, I overtake him and the truck, also continue to do 75?

Yeah you're right, offered to fix it for me. Should I click no next time then?

After overtaking the silver car at the start of the video you should've moved back to L1 as you didn't overtake the next vehicle before the roundabout. At the roundabout it looked like your lane discipline was poor - not the end of the world if there are no vehicles around you but a bad idea if there's a car alongside you or close behind. After overtaking the blue car you should have moved left before overtaking the lorry as there was plenty of time - approx 30 seconds. After overtaking the lorry you'd have probably been a safe distance ahead to move back to L1 after 10 seconds if it wasn't for the blue car undertaking you.

Doesn't matter what speed you were doing, it looked like you had plenty of time/space to move back to L1 on at least two occasions.

• Like 4

Only didn't pull back in as I would gave to have came out again, blue car was only doing 60 and decided to speed up after I overtook him, at 1 point no more than 3 car lengths behind me.

I'll take your words on board regardless

Only didn't pull back in as I would have to have pulled out again, blue car was only doing 60 and decided to speed up after I overtook him, at 1 point no more than 3 car lengths behind me.

I'll take your words on board regardless

Random one from youtube, but since it has a nice vRS in it. Anyone on here? 

Great observation & reactions by all not driving a Porsche 

• Like 1

One this morning from a trip to Bath. A pet hate of mine - getting in the wrong lane at a roundabout and not worrying about cutting people up. Luckily lorry driver didn't have more momentum off the roundabout. I was behind Audi on dual carriageway and they were not moving across, even though they were well under speed limit - knew they'd pull this manoeuvre here.

Edited by ToffeeMRD

Here's another bell3nd overtaking in a 30 zone in Trowbridge, Wilts. Note the housing development on the right - big clue there for the VW driver, apart from the huge amount of 30mph signs. Did he get far? Nope, stuck behind a car and tractor further up the road - both of which he thought about overtaking on a bend! 

Installed my camera in the Saab today. I noticed that the exposure was set all the way to the top and I've never been impressed with the night time image it was always very dark. Surely having it set higher would make the image lighter? But I've turned it down to 0 and it seems much better.

Also enjoying the Saab... it makes a lovely noise I think.

*no speed limits were hurt in the making of this film*

I know the framerate drops a little which makes the passing scenery blur by and seem faster but does the quality seem ok to you guys? It's a nextbase 202.

Edited by Phil-E

Forgot about this one from the Octavia the other week.

Ignore the date it's wrong.

20mph is fine a 20 that's why I was keeping my distance... but then they carried on doing 20 in the 30 and 40 zone. Little annoying.

Left the music for your enjoyment:

Another quick one from the other week.

I accelerated, indicated and committed to the overtake then Mr Micra decides he's going to overtake. Quick pip of the horn to let him know I'm there.

Bit of Anastacia to listen to this time.

Edited by Phil-E

I had this oxygen thief nearly take us out on the m6 near cannock on Sunday. I was overtaking the golf in the variable speed limit area so not wanting to go too much over the limit with all the cameras.  There was a car behind me a good distance back.  No idea where this guy came from.

Time and date is wrong as the blackvue cocked up for some reason but it was parked in an underground for a day so maybe lost the GPS? Removed the sound due to some sweary words!

Cj7 is for sale on regplates.com for £50k and isn't insured according to adkmid :(

28705517943_6a00519f8f_b.jpgcj7 mercedes m6

I had this oxygen thief nearly take us out on the m6 near cannock on Sunday. I was overtaking the golf in the variable speed limit area so not wanting to go too much over the limit with all the cameras.  There was a car behind me a good distance back.  No idea where this guy came from.

Time and date is wrong as the blackvue cocked up for some reason but it was parked in an underground for a day so maybe lost the GPS? Removed the sound due to some sweary words!

Cj7 is for sale on regplates.com for £50k and isn't insured according to adkmid :(

28705517943_6a00519f8f_b.jpgcj7 mercedes m6

That pic says a lot - how close?!? Can't watch the video as its set to private on YouTube