The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

we're quick to show videos of when others make mistakes or annoy us. I don't mind showing cases where the problem was mine

I was so busy laughing to myself about the guy who didn't notice the ambulance, that I wasn't thinking about the fact I could still hear a siren.

I don't remember if anyone else followed me through and slowed them even further.

in your defence, easy not notice there was a FB siren coming the other way from the far side of a railway bridge when an Ambo went t'other direction just before..

Nah I wouldn't say that was a mistake really. The view was very restricted. They wold have been best just stopping for a second and letting you get out the way.

• Like 2

Tw@ts in white vans who decide that, instead of waiting in the queue to turn right at the roundabout, they'd go down the hash markings, over a right turn space, and barge into the queue near the roundabout (notice the white Vauxhall Meriva swerving left out of one of the van's way). One of them had a company name on the side too.

Tw@ts in white vans who decide that, instead of waiting in the queue to turn right at the roundabout, they'd go down the hash markings, over a right turn space, and barge into the queue near the roundabout (notice the white Vauxhall Meriva swerving left out of one of the van's way). One of them had a company name on the side too.

They've been doing the same at Thinford Roundabout lately

Anal fistula of a human being in his 218d which he seems to believe is an M3.

First the overtake into a car pulling out so I have to brake to let him in, then he shoots past plod who have just pulled another BMW driver going the other way, then harder to see the dodgy overtake over a crossroads on a blind corner.

some swearing from me, sorry

• Like 2

First the overtake into a car pulling out so I have to brake to let him in, then he shoots past plod who have just pulled another BMW driver going the other way, then harder to see the dodgy overtake over a crossroads on a blind corner.

Jesus, he was a very lucky and complete bell end. If that car pulling out had been 1-2 seconds earlier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar one today with a tractor and trailer in front and a van taking the line of traffic from several back (towards a blind crest in road with a junction on right which for any emerging traffic is hidden), he seemed to object to my objection by changing his mind about the overtake and swerving in front of me then brake checking me (lucky for him as a car did indeed come straight out of it). Not content with that he decided to accelerate forward about 50 meters then stop dead and put his van across the entire road and open the door. He got 1 leg out before I assume my words of advice persuaded him to vanish....... Total bell end aggressive knob who thought he had taken his man pill this morning, but failed epically like the wee coward he was. So so glad he aborted his move, I was cooking in a non air con sweat box all day and mightily not impressed.  

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

every day when I do my commute I see some real idiocy.... decided to check out if my new camera is working by downloading todays incident....

A66 Penrith to Keswick, and overtake by an idiot across solid white lines into a blind corner... I dread to think what would have happened if anything came the other way....

believe it or not we had JUST passed a bloody accident too! :o then this **** drives like this!!

the white vehicle in the front wasn't even driving that slow!, about 50 mph!

Got an email from YouTube earlier informing me one of my dashcam videos has been blocked in some countries due to a copyright claim. It turns out that a song was being played on the radio during the footage.

Must remember to mute the cameras from now on!

Got an email from YouTube earlier informing me one of my dashcam videos has been blocked in some countries due to a copyright claim. It turns out that a song was being played on the radio during the footage.

Must remember to mute the cameras from now on!

I've had that before, so I mute the videos where music is playing before uploading.

• Like 1

The best way to demonstrate to the police how much attention you're paying to the road is to drive the wrong way down a one way street right in front of them :)

Edited by softscoop
  • Like 4

Warning, rather long video (3 minutes)

Went for a little excursion today.

So what are you doing there? Sheep sh@&&ing? [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

So what are you doing there? Sheep sh@&&ing? [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Mainly getting rained on.  When we went in we had a JCB with us,the sheep did not like it.

Been a while can't get stuff off cameras before over writing them due to how busy bahhhh 

Just a basic annoying one, I used my crystal balls and assumed the daft cow would do this otherwise it would have been more dramatic than just a pain. 

I will have some footage of an incident where a driver actually came right up to me and started pushing me backwards,  

However i cannot post it yet as he has been arrested and charged with dangerous driving along with being over the drink drive limit and is due to appear in court on 20th June to enter a plea.

As soon as I find out what happens i will post the specific time slot here ( or a Link) you will have to excuse my son loosing his rag, and my frightened grandson saying ' Cuddle Daddy'.

Some people that came to the Maidstone meet shortly after the incident have seen the whole incident from the camera as it was used as evidence during interview the other driver.

The court case was on Monday, and the guy entered a plea of no contest / guilty to dangerous & drink driving.  

He got 12 Weeks custodial suspended for 1 year, + 240 Hrs Community service, +3 year driving ban after which he must take test to get his license back, £85 court costs, and £115 victims surcharge( whatever that is ). His lower reading of the 2 taken at the station was 108. ( 35 being limit).

Link to follow very shortly. ( when i can work out best way to do it.

• Like 1

Some people that came to the Maidstone meet shortly after the incident have seen the whole incident from the camera as it was used as evidence during interview the other driver.

The court case was on Monday, and the guy entered a plea of no contest / guilty to dangerous & drink driving.  

He got 12 Weeks custodial suspended for 1 year, + 240 Hrs Community service, +3 year driving ban after which he must take test to get his license back, £85 court costs, and £115 victims surcharge( whatever that is ). His lower reading of the 2 taken at the station was 108. ( 35 being limit).

Link to follow very shortly. ( when i can work out best way to do it.

I hope this link works

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/lfc958/library/In-Car%20video

There are 8 sections,  No4 is where he physically pushes me backwards.

Please excuse any bad language you hear from adults we kept it very restrained as my 2 year old Grandson was in the car.

Useful Info - there is a polite etiquete  with residents and regular visitors , as this road is a dead end

- Anyone entering the road when some one from the opposite end has started thier way down will wait,  

- If some one has entered and the person turning around has not started down the road they wait

- If both do come in at the same time then whom ever has the largest passing place will stop to allow the pass.

It has worked for the 20+ years we have lived here.

Before anyone says about me parking in the left to let him past -  Despite what the camera Shows The Yeti would ONLY just get in and he would still have to go around the back of me, and for most of the time I could not have got in anyway as i had no clear access due to him blocking

I hope this link works

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/lfc958/library/In-Car%20video

There are 8 sections,  No4 is where he physically pushes me backwards.

Please excuse any bad language you hear from adults we kept it very restrained as my 2 year old Grandson was in the car.

Useful Info - there is a polite etiquete  with residents and regular visitors , as this road is a dead end

- Anyone entering the road when some one from the opposite end has started thier way down will wait,  

- If some one has entered and the person turning around has not started down the road they wait

- If both do come in at the same time then whom ever has the largest passing place will stop to allow the pass.

It has worked for the 20+ years we have lived here.

Before anyone says about me parking in the left to let him past -  Despite what the camera Shows The Yeti would ONLY just get in and he would still have to go around the back of me, and for most of the time I could not have got in anyway as i had no clear access due to him blocking

I couldn't play half of those and then they all disappeared, but what I did see was a massive gap on your right where he could have gone? Was there a reason he didn't duck into that? Seems a bit strange.

I couldn't play half of those and then they all disappeared, but what I did see was a massive gap on your right where he could have gone? Was there a reason he didn't duck into that? Seems a bit strange.

Odd, will have a look,    Yes there was a massive gap equivalent of 4 house widths to my right,   As you probably saw earlier post he was 3x over drink Drive limit and basically being an Idiot.

I have adjusted config slightly, hopefully will be ok.

Edited by lfc958

Odd, will have a look,    Yes there was a massive gap equivalent of 4 house widths to my right,   As you probably saw earlier post he was 3x over drink Drive limit and basically being an Idiot.

Ah, I didn't realise he was pi55ed – that explains everything. What a Grade A :swear: . Idiots like him make my blood boil, even more so now I'm a parent with two precious lives to protect. Just one moment of madness and lives can be destroyed for ever.

Glad it's all behind you now though :thumbup:  

• Like 1

Glad he's off the road!

Was there any damage to your car and did his insurers sort it?

If/when he does get back on the road I imagine his insurance will be astronomical with those convictions!