The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

A Kia in lane 2, wanting lane 1 but was blocked from doing so by a car to his left and 2 trucks overtaking, decides to dive into lane 4 in front of me forcing me to brake.

One of the worst parts of that road where is splits to 64. Had loads of near misses there

One of the worst parts of that road where is splits to 64. Had loads of near misses there

Glad someone agrees! Had a comment on the video on Youtube saying there was nothing wrong in the video! Granted you can't see me brake much but still.

People get impatient there. They can't bear having to do 56mph behind a lorry for a couple of miles and just HAVE to do 70/80/90 and overtake no matter who else it inconveniences because it saves them so much time doesn't it!?

Same thing happens when people are approaching their exit and rather than pull over to the inside lane in plenty of time and just slow down they have to race past and pull in at the last second.

A Darlington taxi driver decides to stick out into the road, just as an Interlink delivery van wants to turn right, creating a gap for me to go through smaller than I would've liked!

Always get these on my bike at certain junctions, along with someone behind who wants you to ride as far to the left as possible, can't win :(

Here's my first clip of some mad idiot driving locally to me. This is a 30MPH zone. Watch up in front of me and you will see two cars pull out of a junction to the right, the silver/white car behind decides to overtake with oncoming traffic and parked cars. They then must go through the roundabout at 50 and take off at the speed hump. Many people walk dogs, kids etc around here. Utter, utter, b3ll3nds.

https://youtu.be/55PV_5hqgtM

Edited by ToffeeMRD

Here's one of a trip on the M4 earlier this week. An Audi driver arriving via the M32 doing what they (she in this instance) do best. Pull out and don't use any mirrors! She proceeded to slow down after that which made it even worse from the Jags perspective.

A tour of NI from yesterdays shift. Almost uneventful unusually, with one or 2 dodgy overtakers and the van at start going the wrong way down a service road. Oh and saw my first speed camera in about 6 months lol

10mins shy of 8 hours constant driving and only covering 239 miles..... Pretty good goig for here tbh. You gat to see almost our entire motorway network covered in both directions...

https://vimeo.com/177837525

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 2

Been over to Blackpool for the day today to see some relatives, some sights from the journey back.

Stuck in a traffic jam on the M55 near to the M6 junction but was lucky enough to be stuck in it with a Vauxhall VXR8 next to me, massive V8 sounded epic! I may have had a crisis, literally......

Spotted a Morgan Three Wheeler on the M6 heading northbound. Love these cars, typically British and quirky, and that V-Twin engine sounds great!

• Like 1

Been over to Blackpool for the day today to see some relatives, some sights from the journey back.

Stuck in a traffic jam on the M55 near to the M6 junction but was lucky enough to be stuck in it with a Vauxhall VXR8 next to me, massive V8 sounded epic! I may have had a crisis, literally......

http://youtu.be/O9AntvaKW0k

How strange.

I saw that exact same car the other day while driving up to Middlesbrough. I remember the number plate. He was just taking it steady on the motorway so didn't get to hear it.

How strange.

I saw that exact same car the other day while driving up to Middlesbrough. I remember the number plate. He was just taking it steady on the motorway so didn't get to hear it.

Small world eh! He was heading towards the M6 southbound at the end of the M55, so I guess heading towards Manchester/Liverpool direction.

Here's a move, which I'm not sure was illegal (?), from a Vectra up in front of me at the M5 roundabout after East Gordano. And yes I did go through on the Amber - I felt I was past the "point of no return" (keep going - / advice from my work driving instructor in those situs). Maybe I was worse than the Vectra (irony). Police in the 5 series weren't bothered by either of us!

Edited by ToffeeMRD

Another roundabout cutter, this time a young lad in a VW Polo. The lines on this roundabout are faded quite badly but they are still visible, so the Polo shouldn't have cut in front of me.

I'm glad others see the same as I do. This still happens to me generally about 8 times a day on average. :(

Faded lines or not... if there are two lanes on the approach to the roundabout that generally means there are two lanes going around it and you don't cut across it!

I get this almost every time at a roundabout going into Tesco near me. Everyone cuts the roundabout going into the car park completely neglecting to think of the fact there is another lane turning right. Had a few close calls.

• Like 1

Took the Octavia out for a drive this morning as it won't be getting much use now until it's sold.

This silly mare decided to just blindly follow the car through in front of her assuming I would stop for her even though she has to give way to me. She ended up mounting the curb.

I also notice after watching it back now it also mislead the car behind her who almost didn't stop either and had crossed the give way line before stopping.

Edited by Phil-E

Hmm... yes Peugeot woman was in the wrong and should've given way, but steaming in there could only make the situation worse.

Would you have done the same if it was a 20 year old transit coming the other way driven by a burly builder?

Not defending Peugeot driver's actions, just think you could've handled the situation better.

No I completely agree with you. Normally I think I would have just stopped, let her through and given her a dirty look... but today I was just feeling that way out and decided rather than making it my problem I would put that burden back to her!