Coding favour Yorkshire?

Couple of things :)

Is there anyone local to Yorkshire that can enable light assist on my vrs ? I have lane assist so should just be a coding thing? :)

Also

Can start stop be turned off permenantly?

Also.... Can the timer on lane assist be adjusted ? [emoji57]

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask what the timer is on Lane assist please. ?

If you go into the car settings on the Radio, Driver assists  ( I think ) there are 2 boxes you can tick. The Lane assist isn't as aggressive if you only tick the top box and leave the bottom one with no tick in it.

I suppose to somebody from darn sarf where the beer doesn't get a proper head, Rossendale could vaguely pass for Yorkshire.  ;)

Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you Edward?

It’s north of Watford Gap isn’t it FFS  :D

(I’m actually from the Midlands, but it’s still oop north for me)

Hahaa :) it's probably about 5 seconds or so with no hands on the wheel ( not something I do often [emoji57])

What do the two lane assist options actually do??

I live in Barnsley work in normanton and spend a lot of time in Leeds, but I'm flexible and travel a fair bit [emoji39]

Also while I've got uour attention :) I tried to import some pois onto my sat nav the other day and couldn't work out how to do it. Uploaded them to the skoda site and downloaded the files on a sd card. Comes up saying software update when you put it in but that's it!

Hahaa :) it's probably about 5 seconds or so with no hands on the wheel ( not something I do often [emoji57])

What do the two lane assist options actually do??

I live in Barnsley work in normanton and spend a lot of time in Leeds, but I'm flexible and travel a fair bit [emoji39]

The normal lane assist just tweeks the steering if you drift towards the white line, shunting you back in lane.

Adaptive Lane Assist actually maintains a set distance from the white line(s), usually the middle of the lane if it can.

Can I ask what the timer is on Lane assist please. ?

If you go into the car settings on the Radio, Driver assists  ( I think ) there are 2 boxes you can tick. The Lane assist isn't as aggressive if you only tick the top box and leave the bottom one with no tick in it.

Auric said that without adaptive lane assist it stays on longer without the warning to take over steering. It doesn't :)

Auric made no mention of  Adaptive Lane Assist not staying on longer   :no:  No one has answered the Question " What Timer are we talking about "

Sorry lol wrong end of stick !! Doesn't matter anyway [emoji57]

Another question for you skoda fans. My vrs is on a 15 plate. Registered may I believe. Looking to swap it for a 65 plate race blue one [emoji57]

Other than the bigger sat nav what's new in the my 16 model?

Auric made no mention of  Adaptive Lane Assist not staying on longer   :no:  No one has answered the Question " What Timer are we talking about "

I think he means the 'timer' is how long it takes the lane assist to automatically turn itself off if you let go of the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

For safety reasons, I won't advise on any coding changes on any safety related systems such as ABS, Lane Assist, ESP/TC etc. Lots of changes are do-able, but you won't get the info from me, sorry.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted, but I don't want it on my conscience or potentially leaving myself open to a prosecution if it all goes horribly wrong for someone.

• Like 1

For safety reasons, I won't advise on any coding changes on any safety related systems such as ABS, Lane Assist, ESP/TC etc. Lots of changes are do-able, but you won't get the info from me, sorry.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted, but I don't want it on my conscience or potentially leaving myself open to a prosecution if it all goes horribly wrong for someone.

Hey that's fine :)

I was asking regarding the high beam assist :)

The normal lane assist just tweeks the steering if you drift towards the white line, shunting you back in lane.

Adaptive Lane Assist actually maintains a set distance from the white line(s), usually the middle of the lane if it can.

Correct, and of course Adaptive Lane Guidance must be ticked for better feeling.

And Octavias have usually 12 seconds without touching the steering wheel.

Start/stop can be permanently disabled.

• 2 weeks later...