New Spaceback owner... EU5 engine?

I noticed this too (having also picked up a Euro 5 Ibiza from them).  

Surely the dealers must have found a loophole, otherwise every pre-reg motor on sale would have been registered in August at the very latest.

SEAT have a national radio campaign on today advertising these Ibizas too -  maybe even the importer doesn't read the rules.

Edited by camelspyyder

Petrol cars with emission Euro 5 => emission Euro 6... ;)

No changed have been made...

Surely if this new standard is in place, then it should apply to petrol as well, even if the only physical change is an engine code and EU6 labelling. Otherwise why are manufactures also replacing petrol motors  :wonder:

TP

so a bit more research, my wifes i10 is EU5 and they are still selling EU5 so why is this not an issue

the only change from EU5 to EU6 is the NOx levels of diesel engines according to the table below

so no issues with a EU5 petrol engine, a diesel may be a different matter as it ages

from http://www.smmt.co.uk/industry-topics/environment/intro/european-engine-emission-standards/

Euro-dates.jpg

If you dont have to make new petrol engines for  Euro 6 - How come Fiat had to fight off that scandal about their Euro 6 1.2 petrol? the 500's that wouldn't go up hills??

And on here @bluecar (the hyundai salesman?) has been banging on about their new Euro 6 petrols in the i20 fo the last 12 months (it seems like)

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

And on here @bluecar (the hyundai salesman?) has been banging on about their new Euro 6 petrols in the i20 fo the last 12 months (it seems like)

reason I said about the i10 is I knew it was an EU5 engine, and I couldn't see them selling something illegal, that was what I was trying to point out,

then I found the EU engine regs table that pointed out no real difference in emissions so the original poster would have no issues

I am now off to dig a bit more to find out what makes a petrol engine EU6 compliant as I am now curious, as the basic emissions are the same as EU5

reason I said about the i10 is I knew it was an EU5 engine, and I couldn't see them selling something illegal, that was what I was trying to point out,

then I found the EU engine regs table that pointed out no real difference in emissions so the original poster would have no issues

I am now off to dig a bit more to find out what makes a petrol engine EU6 compliant as I am now curious, as the basic emissions are the same as EU5

I too am intrigued by Euro 6 compliant petrols now.

Could it be EU6 petrols must have stop start  :wonder:

TP

nope, my i20 is EU6 and no stop / start, must admit that is one of the things I missed from my GLII

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 1

I found the EU engine regs table that pointed out no real difference in emissions so the original poster would have no issues

The original poster said they had bought a TDI, the nitrogen oxide emission limits have been reduced substantially for diesels :  EU5 NOx 0.18  ->  EU6 NOx 0.08.  I would be concerned if I were the OP particularly when it came to passing an MOT with those new limits.

currently the NOx levels do not seem to be tested reading info about the emission test

so the reduced emission levels for EU6 should not be an issue, not sure if they intend to include it over the next few years