Cost of fitting extras to non new car -( I want the touchscreen radio!)

Hello again

WOW! Just come back in from playing with the Amundsen+. Only did a temporary hookup to test it was working. It's fully functional and immaculate. Has the latest V7 Western Europe maps on it and works perfectly. It was indeed a drop-in replacement for the Swing (except for the GPS aerial of course).

Sound is very good, navigation works really well and my Bluetooth module has not only gained the ability to display track information, but I now have full steering wheel control over the iPhone when it is playing mu)sic and podcasts.

I'll do a proper, permanent install at the weekend when I can take pics. I want to remove the drivers-side A pillar to run the cable from the GPS antenna inside it (going to mount it on the glass above the rear view mirror, unless anyone has a better idea for where to put it).

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for the update, any chance you could now post the link where you got it so we can all get the same service?

Thanks for the update, any chance you could now post the link where you got it so we can all get the same service?

This is the eBay seller I bought from - currently has 315 units with and without built-in Bluetooth in stock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/onutea/m.html?item=111781802002&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Remember to pay the extra £5 for next day delivery. Also, keep an eye out as PayPal is doing a 10% offer code for some people that expires tomorrow. I used mine and it basically covered the cost of shipping.

• Like 1

This is the eBay seller I bought from - currently has 315 units with and without built-in Bluetooth in stock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/onutea/m.html?item=111781802002&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Remember to pay the extra £5 for next day delivery. Also, keep an eye out as PayPal is doing a 10% offer code for some people that expires tomorrow. I used mine and it basically covered the cost of shipping.

Thanks for that Chris, is the GPS antenna the same as the unit that are on the roof with the Factory fit Sat Nav?

No - it's a magnetic one like this (complete with Fakra connector) - but it works perfectly. i'm either going to stick mine on the glass above the rear view mirror or on the corner of the dash by the A pillar. I had it on the dash by the drivers A pillar earlier while I was testing, and it worked fine there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-antenna-FAKRA-VW-RNS-510-310-315-MFD3-RNS2-MFD2-Skoda-Columbus-Seat-Porsche-/281412934216?hash=item4185849a48

Thanks for that Chris, is the GPS antenna the same as the unit that are on the roof with the Factory fit Sat Nav?

Ok thanks again, just sent them a query about one for my Seat without Bluetooth.

Chris when mine was fitted they put the GPS antenna behind the Amundsen in the dash. It worked flawlessly in that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignore me, was only joking !! :)

Edited by techie

God you don't give up do you!

This is to help Chris. Go hassle someone else will you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok was only joking, removed the comment now, thanks again Chris for the heads up on the NAV unit here.

• Like 1

Chris, did you buy the Bluetooth or the non-Bluetooth variant? Did you do any VCDS coding? Is Maxidot and MFSW working as they should with the new HU?

I bought the non-Bluetooth unit, and it is happily communicating with the Bluetooth module already fitted to the car. As I mentioned earlier, it is actually enabling Bluetooth features that the Swing unit prevented, like Play/Pause, skip, fast forward & Rewind control over Bluetooth, as well as track information via Bluetooth connection.

Again, as I said earlier, I only rigged it up briefly to test that everything was working. It is currently back in its box and the Swing is back in the car. I will fit it properly at the weekend when I have more time and daylight (I did the test install in the dark under torchlight.)

The MFSW is working perfectly with it already. Maxidot is not seeing it, and I didn't expect it to. I will need to tap someone with VCDS to help with coding that, but there is no panic for that bit. The Maxidot coding is the only thing that needs addressing, and it doesn't impact on use, so there is no panic. Everything worked like it had always been in the car.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

i keep searching cant find the item on this list with 315 units only says got 2 or 3 for sale?

i keep searching cant find the item on this list with 315 units only says got 2 or 3 for sale?

The seller's items for sale (the link I supplied) clearly shows two Skoda 315 units - one with bluetooth, one without. What is the issue?
  • Like 1

Chris, do you think that the old Swing unit could be sold?

I see no reason why not. I have no plans to sell mine though. I will be keeping it as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Yeah £25 saved and I made them best offer to get it to 260

Nice one. Did you get the one with or without built-in Bluetooth?

Where's this 10% discount code you speak of? :x

If you are eligible, it will show on the auction page, below the price. There will be a box saying something like "you could get this for £xxx today with PayPal"