D M Keith - Bradford.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've had good and bad exp with DM Keith....very helpfull when I needed the fault codes reading/sorting as I was not able to get to the dealer I was using at the time.

Had my 20 000 mile servcie there...ok ...but did not wash the car (was always washed when it was with Alex Lawrie)......asked them proir to the service to arrange to fix the stutter....this was not done as 'we have diagnosed it today and ordered the part'!!! I put the point forward that it had been diagnosed by Alex Lawrie and its data had been sent to Skoda UK etc...so why had they not asked about this or checked with Skoda UK?

Car went back there yesterday for the EGR gasket and new gear change cables (to cure the rattle on idle - Alex Lawries fix was two zip ties!!!!). I was on a tight time schedule and asked when the car would be ready - 2pm. So I requested that I was contacted 30 mins before the car was finished, and the service guy even wrote ASAP and my mob no on the sheet.

I had no call and left my meeting at 1pm to get there - got there 1.45pm without any phone call. Car was in the parking area, I collected my keys and began to swap over my bags....noticed that the ashtray would not close properly...back to the service desk. They came and had a look....we need to take it back inside....'I have a meeting 50 miles away at 3pm I said...and when was it finished - oh 30 mins ago....SO WHY NO PHONE CALL as requested :( .

Problem with the ashtray lid corrected ...but again car not washed.

Looks like I will be going back to Alex Lawrie or possibly the Huddersfiled dealer whcih is near to my girlfriends.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

bought a brand new fabia off them in September this year.3 hours before i collected i got a phone call saying that the alarm i ordered hadn't been fitted (but would be fitted a week later).2 hours before i picked the car up another phone call... the alloys i ordered had not arrived but would be fitted next day.

(i think they didn't trust i would return and buy the car for some reason)

got the alarm fitted a week later but was faulty so i had to return to get it fixed.they fixed the alarm a few days later but didn't leave the alarm manual in the car.i emailed the after sales guy who dealt with me several times (over 3-4 weeks) but got no reply,so i contacted the dealer principal (who helped to sell me the car) he got me the manual and thanked me for letting him know about the alarm and alloys not being fitted.

my brother bought a used fabia off them last year ,they were fine until it came time for a service and some warrenty work and they treated him like s%^%t.

Jamestay1 brother here........

I have had a few problems with warranty problems but I have more problems with the service manager saying he will phone me when part has arrived but it is me who make contact and he says I was just going to phone you:thumbdwn: . When a part has arrived I go in to get it fixed/replaced and they find that the part is missing a section so I have to waste more of my time going back in.

I only go to Keith's due to it being close to work, I live closer to Lightcliffe Skoda in Halifax, maybe will try them next year.

Aimed at Ossett garage really.

Leaking rear doors on my Fabia repaired under warranty. Driver's side rear now leaking again. Damage to both interior panels whilst in for the said fix.

Angry at now having to pay for fix to be done at another (much better and professional) garage as SUK would reject their claim for payment for warranty work done twice.

Avoid at all costs. These guys are floggers.

Mine's in tomorrow for another rattle on the door card and a new fuel filler cap (Check strap snapped)

Should be easy for them.

TBH they have been very good so far.

All will be revealed.

Watch this space ;)

All sorted. Perfect service once again. Well done :thumbup:

Edited by DGW
2 posts merged

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just tried to deal with this shower, looking at a Roomster to replace an Octavia. I bought my first Octy 4 yrs ago from them & they were great, Bradford & Leeds have looked after it. Went in to look at the Roomster & booked a 48hr test drive for the following weekend, salesman takes all the details, spends 10 minutes on the computer allegedly booking the test drive, including various phone numbers in case of a problem. He does tell me he will not be there but another salesman will sort us out. Just before we were due to collect the car I phoned to make sure it was ready, guess what? Nobody had any idea about it, finally talked with the dealer principal who says that it had not been put in the demo diary, no 1.6 available as required.

Anyhow goodbye DM Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Elegance 1.9tdi Estate in for a quick check on an ESP fault - light came on and stayed on for no apparent reason the switch making no difference. Technician diagnosed a broken wire from alternator and fixed it while I waited and drank free cofee! The car is two weeks under three years old so the repair was done under warranty. BTW the car was originally supplied by them to the first owner but I bought it from a dealer in Leeds three weeks ago. No problem just good service. Thanks DMK.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 3 yr old Fabia Vrs from DMK and few days later I found oil in the water coolant. It took the dealer about 5 weeks to sort out the problem and during the 5 weeks I had a Fabia estate,2 Roomsters and a new 1.2 Fabia as courtesy cars. The second Roomster I had had the price plan on the car so when I had to take back the Roomster I asked the manager that I did not want another car with adverts on it so they took of all the stickers on they 1.2 Fabia demonstrator which was a great gesture.

I also got free GAP, a free service plus two new back tyres as a sorry for taking the so long to fix the car.

I cannot fault the kindness from Manager Paul Gater and Darren Milne the aftersales manager.

• 1 month later...

Many of you will know the problem I have had with my used Vrs I bought in August but those of you who don't here is a run down. Four days after buying the car oil was spotted in the water coolant this took 5 weeks and two new head gaskets, two weeks after that a coolant pipe was leaking and a week or so later another pipe was leaking at this point I had enough. During this time the dealer gave me a free service, free Gap and two new backs tyres as a apology plus four different courtesy car.

I wanted a full refund which would have meant me moving away from Skoda and the dealer which I did not really want after the great service I have had over two years since buying my first Fabia, so I asked for a swap with a top of the range Fabia estate but at first this was rejected, then I got in touch with the one of the Keith brothers and after a week they said I could have a swap. I went yesterday for a test drive and sort out the deal but was told I would have to pay £300 to cover the cost which I rejected so the principal contacted Angus Keith and Mr Keith said if I paid for the road tax I would be able to have the car .

It has cost the dealer ££££ to fix the car,to give me free Gap/tyres and to lose money on the value of the car.

I also said I will pay for the damaged alloy wheel ( paint peeling of the wheel ) plus the road tax, the swap will cost me £110. Ok I have lost out on a free service and the free Gap ( I am still thinking of buying this again) but I have got a car with cruise control,parking sensors and is 6 months younger with 20,000 less on the clock.

The dealer might have lost ££££ in the last few months but it will have a customer who will go back again and again for service,MOT's and new cars.

It is nice to know a dealer who cares for the customer and not about the money.

• 10 months later...

took my fabia for it's second serviced on Monday.i think they have 2 new people (andrew cave and an other guy) who are very good at there jobs.

after i dropped it of and got home i emailed them to put a box of windscreen wash in my car (saves me going back).

about 1pm got a phone call saying a nail was in a tyre and 2 bulbs need replacing and asking if they could go ahead and replace.

got another phone call saying my car was ready and given the cost.this is the first time i've been called to say it's ready (been in for a few small things just after i bought it).

got to the dealer and the box of windscreen wash was on my passenger seat,the car was washed.but the main thing i like was the guy on the desk recognized me and called me MR ****** , which i always think is good customer care.

the only down side was in the service book where the 'brake fluid change' was ticked 'no' when it should have been ticked 'yes'.

well done

I've been going to DM Keith Bradford for a fair few years now. I've had nothing but polite and friendly service and a feeling that 'the customer is important'. They've worked hard to accommodate my wishes and it almost feels like I'm visiting friends as they all welcome me by name.

Keep up the good work!!

• 1 month later...

Looked around there last year when getting a Octy Scout with (now ex) wife. The sales team just weren't interested. The whole staff on site just had a "couldn't be bothered" attitude......

Stay away.

I've been a DM Keith Bradford user for a couple of years now just because they are closer to home with varying experiences. Just taken my new Octy vRS in for a knocking noise (they refit the OSR seat back) and asked for some leather cream and a locking wheel nut cap. Emma on the service desk is not someone I've met before but she was very polite, rang me to tell me they had the parts and again when my car was ready. The best service I've had yet although I had to pay £10 insurance waver on the courtesy car, something I've never had to do before. The leather cream was left in my car but I could tell it had been previously opened by a mechanic with grubby fingers! Couldn't be bothered to challenge that as it was full and overall I was happy.

I was also happy when I bought my MkI Octy vRS, my p/x car was out of tax but my reg transfer hadn't come through, they very kindly leant me a very well specced Fabia estate.

However; when I bought my MkI Octy vRS I had a number of problems with the car which DM Keith Bradford just could never fix, something to do with the turbo and another a knocking noise in the heater (although they did diagnose I needed a new anti roll bar which they replaced foc) and eventually I ended up having to take it to DM Keith Wakefield - they fixed the problem straight away. I must have driven every Skoda in the range I was taking my car back that often. Finally (when the car was fixed and some months later) I took it for an MOT and it came out with a scratch on the NS sill. Unfortunately I didn't notice this until I got home but thankfully it polished out - lucky!

They also don't wash your car very often, and when they do it isn't a very good job and the windscreen doesn't clear well after they do wash it - so the last time I took my car in a I requested they did not wash it, and they didn't. So that was good.

Some of the sales staff seem nice, others a little off putting but I've found that in most places. Then again it is their job to sell people cars.

I must admit - it's a very mixed back with DM Keith Bradford. Sales staff seemed efficient initially, and made good efforts on the part exchange and shopped around for valuations on my model with added extras. They got the demo car in swiftly as i was test driving a VW, Mazda plus others that weekend. All good.

Where they did fall down was on pricing. Very unclear and the usual group huddle in the managers office then back out to "offer" a deal. Then at the mention of internet pricing and price matching - they step back and say they won't get involved end of!

After finding the deal i wanted elsewhere - i get a phone call asking what price they need to match etc. I was asked to hold back on the order for another day and they would revise the deal they had put on the table (but this was only after Skoda offered extra bonuses that month i later found out!).

...needless to say - the call never came and the sales guy was poor and extremely arrogant in the end. I've got two work colleagues who walked away from the same sales guy too - but not sure if he's still there.

Service wise. Booked in for tomorrow on warranty items including condensation in one of the headlamps and intermittent issue with auto closure feature on central locking. Thus far - no issues - polite and effecient on the Parts/Service desk. I'll update you after i get the car back.

• 9 months later...

I have been using DMK in Bradford since 2006 having previously used their Leeds branch.

In this time I have noticed an improvement in the attitude of staff, and the speed of which work is done.

I have had two problems there:

1) the usual "i need it back by 2.30 to pick the kids up, can you ring me if its going to be later so I can arrange someone else to do it" and then get no phone call till 4pm. Most recently they did ring, so they may have sorted this and it could be because I think they have new staff in.

2) The other issue I have had with them is that when you go theres usually 5 staff wandering around, but only 1 on the MOT/service desk, where there is always a queue. You'd think they'd have the sense to fire up the second terminal and help out, but instead they just stand about.

I've (so far) not had to go back with regards to any of their work and the car has been more reliable during the time I have been using this garage than the previous one.

The prices are higher than elsewhere, but not to the extent of some dealerships, so on the whole....8/10 and improving.

Saw a '58 Fabia 2 1.9TDi advertised by DMK Bradford via the Internet (I am over 100 miles away).

Spoke on phone with salesman (Alan Whitaker) who accurately described the car. He stayed behind after 7pm whilst I inspected and test drove the car.

Car was exactly as described (excellent) and very keenly priced - cheapest example in the UK.

Car was well prepared for collection - flawlessly cleaned, serviced and even tyre pressures were spot on.

I cannot fault them really - Alan was very helpful.

I am unlikely to use them for servicing because they are so far away, but I would certainly buy another car from them. Far more integrity than my local dealer (**************) who have lied to me several times.

Edited by DGW
Irrelevant mention of another dealer.

• 4 weeks later...

Took them 5 visits (6 really, 1 was cancelled the morning I was taking it there!) just to fix a faulty aircon leak. Turned out it was the compressor.

They had it 3 times and re-gassed it 3 times before they thought that they should put dye in it FFS!

Also got an automated call saying press 2 (or something) if your service wasn't good and we'll ring you back within 48 hours.

That was a couple of months ago and still waiting.

Edited by DGW
Irrelevant comparison with another dealer.

• 10 months later...

Bought my octavia vrs estate new from D M Keith in Bradford. Salesman Alan was great and a good deal was made.

Unfortunately, that is where the pleasure ends. From then on I felt that I had to fit in with their plans rather than vice versa. this ended with the car going to ****** for servicing.

The Leeds bodyshop was no better. After a minor car park prang the car was repaired well but little things were missed like the car park ticket clip was left in the 'ash tray' as they couldn't be bothered to refit it and overspray had to be cleaned from the rear quarter window even though they had supposedly removed it before spraying. I had a small camera fitted to the sun visor. Not knowing what it was, the workshop manager tried to pull it off and damaged the strap.

As a result they lost me as a customer and my new Scout was sourced elsewhere.

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealership deleted.

• 1 month later...

Visited their showroom on 3 seperate occasions to try to get a deal on a new octavia vrs before the vat free deal expired.

they were obsessed with trying to give me a finance deal which i didnt want.

lots of back and forwards between salesmans desk and managers office.

tried to talk me out of factory extras as they would extend delivery times.

i got the impression that they were doing me a favour by selling me one of their cars.

so i went to ******************** who were exactly the opposite on all counts.

they have got my order !

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer deleted. But feel free to post your positive comment in that dealer's forum.