Focus RS details and pricing revealed.

BossFox

Eurosport 2 right now for RS fans - programme about development and launch of the new Focus RS.

Edit: Well that's what Virgin TV guide says but doesn't appear to be the case...

Edited by Brian69
  • Like 1

You need help Keith

Please excuse a totally .OT.  question, ISTR that you posted some really useful info re. the way that PCP's work.

If possible, would you please direct me to the thread / post?

TIA, DC

Oh heck, I can't remember where that was.

You after an RS :)

No, I'd be too scared to own a proper drivers car, + they only come with 3 pedals & we have but 2 feet each.....

It's back  to VAG for us!.

Thanks again for searching, & the subsequent PM's.

DC

• Like 1

You need help Keith

George Clooney and me  have had such a lucky escape, form being with a controlling member of the opposite sex. What a relief.

Car postings are justified in the two threads imo, as people have interests in the two separate models and the associated parameters in performance etc. 

Oh ! I won't be requesting help, even if it was on  offer.

Edited by vrskeith

No, I'd be too scared to own a proper drivers car, + they only come with 3 pedals & we have but 2 feet each.....

It's back  to VAG for us!.

Thanks again for searching, & the subsequent PM's.

DC

:)

You have to applaud Ford for sticking to their guns and staying with the manual only option. Perhaps they will bend to the undoubted pressure from those people who will only buy an auto? I only wish it looked a little less lairy, but that's a middle aged thing I think :D

• Like 1

Maybe Single and double lower limb amputees do not applaud Ford quite so much,

not being able to be 'Real Drivers' and getting the Focus RS Experience.

Luckily they can get that in other vehicles.

A Power-shift Focus RS is not beyond the whit of Ford.

They have the experience of fitting suitable gearboxes to powerful vehicles, and being a Global Car they will possibly come about.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 2

:)

You have to applaud Ford for sticking to their guns and staying with the manual only option. Perhaps they will bend to the undoubted pressure from those people who will only buy an auto? I only wish it looked a little less lairy, but that's a middle aged thing I think :D

It does indeed look "lairy" but that would appeal to most of Ford's target market.

I dunno about middle-aged tastes, but it doesn't really appeal to this pair of O.A.P's....

As for fitting an Auto-box, the standard Ford 6-speed transaxle slush-box would probably fit, & since it can handle the power / torque from Ford's 3.5 V6 Ecoboost, the 2.3 wouldn't pose a problem, but their might not be too many customers out their to justify the cost.

Their PowerShift unit might be an option, but it's a dry-clutch unit, which probably couldn't cope with the 2.3 Eco's power & torque. 

Still, even across the pond, the real hard-core enthusiast would probably prefer to drive a manual anyway....

Horses & Courses, perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

I see Clonkson liked the car in his review column in the Times. Did one of his "so here are the faults" to summarise with a go and buy one type of thing.

If anyone is interested here is dreaded link to the article

Clarkson review in The Sunday times

Still wished they did a subtly styled version for the more boring of us :)

Edited by Lady Elanore

I see Clonkson liked the car in his review column in the Times. Did one of his "so here are the faults" to summarise with a go and buy one type of thing.

If anyone is interested here is dreaded link to the article

Clarkson review in The Sunday times

Still wished they did a subtly styled version for the more boring of us :)

+1.

Also, make it available in some of the boring / normal Focus colours. 

Pour Moi, quick, safe, fun, yes please, but I prefer to a drive car that "blends in" with the rest of the traffic...

Personal opinion, probably not shared by the average RS buyer!

DC

• Like 1

I think it's an age thing. I really wanted a 'racy' droop snoot RS2000 when I was young, it was the coolest looking 'real' car around. Sadly, I couldn't afford one, but it did lead me into many happy years with Fiat and Lancia. When I say "happy" I am of course using a rose coloured filter so I don't recall the bits that fell off, the bits that rusted, the wires that appeared from under the dash after you went over a bump and of course the failure to start - 130TC was a bugger for this as the starter solenoid wire frequently fell/broke off and it was underneath the carburettors. I became known at work as the mad woman who was often seen with her legs sticking out of the bonnet and head somewhere down behind the radiator. Sometimes I regretted feminism :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2000 miles on.

Still the best out of the box road/fun car I've had. (or driven including it's competitors)

tC2ZZe.jpg

Great pic, glad to hear you are enjoying it. How loud are the pops/bangs from the exhaust? Getting fruitier now with a few miles on?

Great pic, glad to hear you are enjoying it. How loud are the pops/bangs from the exhaust? Getting fruitier now with a few miles on?

Not offensively loud, but you can hear them.

It seemed a bit slower until around 700 miles but it's perked up now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I gave up being on the waiting list so I cancelled my order.

Did a deal on a physical car, decided on a colour change from my original choice of Nitrious Blue to Frozen White. We pick it up Monday morning!!

Wahoo! AND we are off for a few weeks as well so we'll get to enjoy the upcoming UK heatwave in the RS on days out.

• Like 2

It looks like any attempt by Ford to make it look like demand was greater than supply did not work.

There seems to be more than enough new Ford RS in the UK for those wanting one.

They just seem to have got plenty First Registered in the 2nd Quarter and at Dealerships to make it look like there is a demand.

Now they need to protect residuals and not have Demonstrators changing hands too cheaply as happened with the other Road Testers greatest since sliced bread, 'great value', much cheapness, then needed to be reduced in price, rear wheel drive sports car the Toyota GT86 (Subaru BRZ) which sat not selling.

Maybe all the Speed Cameras around the UK & Mobile Camera vans and other motorists with in car cameras are putting lots off Hot Hatches now,

or just the 'Look at me ones', Honda Civic Type R and even the likes of the Seat Leon Cupra which is not that obvious really.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

Yet if you try and order a new RS you will be told minimum 12 months wait now - and that's happening all over.

Meanwhile everyday there are 35+ cars for sale on Aototrader still being sold at a mark-up on RRP by Ford stealers. Shocking.

Edited by thehulkster699
  • Like 1

Yet if you try and order a new RS you will be told minimum 12 months wait now - and that's happening all over.

Meanwhile everyday there are 35+ cars for sale on Aototrader still being sold at a mark-up on RRP by Ford stealers. Shocking.

Are you having the Mountune package fitted, after running in or not bothered?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you having the Mountune package fitted, after running in or not bothered?

If it's warranty friendly like the ST then it's a no brainer IMO.

Got 5 years or 100,000 miles.

Edited by BossFox