HBA through VCDS (no single light dip?)

Hi got HBA enabled on my VRS through VCDS, very impressed so far. Only question is that it seems to always dip both head lights with on coming traffic instead of just the driver side one like it advertises on the brochure.

Is this because I enabled it via VCDS and don't have the standard HBA sensor or do they all do that?

Hi got HBA enabled on my VRS through VCDS, very impressed so far. Only question is that it seems to always dip both head lights with on coming traffic instead of just the driver side one like it advertises on the brochure.

Is this because I enabled it via VCDS and don't have the standard HBA sensor or do they all do that?

Isn't that called Inteligent Light Assist (or something like that ) as fitted to high end Audi's

That is intelligent light assistant advertised in the brochure that does what you described. Not sure that is the same as High Beam Assist (HBA?).

HBA in the brochure means Hydraulic Brake Assistant.

Skoda call it ILA but show the low beam pattern as being shorter on the off side in the pictures, as it is in real life with Xenons due to the kick in the beam pattern.

If you look at the car coming in the other direction, the low beam pattern on that is the same.

post-61868-0-51552100-1442434948_thumb.png

• Like 2

Andyvee is quite correct, I've just re looked at the brochure and the images and it's as stated, dips both full beams.

Not quite as smart as MB Light Assistant which blanks off the area around the car, yet keeps the full beam on.

• Like 1

In addition to ILA, with the AFS on your Xenons you also get beam pattern shaping relative to the speed and road conditions. The videos below explain these more clearly:

But as M12MKD stated it is not Smart Light Assist which blanks off opposing cars thus leaving high beams on all the time, at the moment the only Skoda we can get this option is the new Superb.