7 Degrees this morning: Got your WINTERS on yet?

Chan110

7°C? That's practically a heatwave.

It was 5°C this morning, and I've seen 6°C at least once a week over the summer.

Cold weather tyres being fitted next week.

Top man!

I was buying Nokian Weatherproof - then heard about Michelin CrossClimate which missed the AutoExpress tests.

CrossClimate about £10+ per corner more than Weatherproof - but the ONLY reason why I switch from buying Weatherproof to CrossClimate is because:

CrossClimate = summer tyre with 3 peaks (winter compliant)

Weatherproof = winter tyre with summer functions

Let us know how they cope!!!

My all seasons went on about a month or so ago. When I go to work in the mornings I haven't seen it above 6Deg C in some time. 3 - 3.5 seem to be the magic numbers at moment. 

In that case you (and I) are going to die in an exploding ball of fire in the bottom of a snow filled ravine, having slid off an ungritted ice-covered road due to us not having spent £800 on a spare set of extra wheels and tyres to store in our sheds most of the year.

I've been driving for about 45 years, do about 30,000 miles a year, and I've been killed EVERY year.

Um, no, hang about,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yep, me too. Or maybe I just adjusted my driving when the weather is poor.

• Like 3

Had four degrees yesterday morning. Wont bother to change tyres untill it freezes. Then its time dig out the studded tyres, hope for snow and then really test what the 4x4 is good for :D

• Like 2

Here we go again!!

Look what you've done Wayne!!

LOL

Moi?

It's God s snowflakes, not my snow-making machine!

Lol

Someone SHOULD start a "ALL SEASONS" vs "WINTERS" tyres thread!!!

As all-season game changers: Weatherproof and CrossClimate claims to be (and so far reviewed to be) almost as good as summer and winter tyres!!! :)

PLUS the Nokian ones are damn CHEAP too!

Dear old Surrey / Kent borders will probably not get nippy enough until November.

Having said that I have probably now damned the locality to a Siberian blast worthy of CS Lewis' winter queen [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

IT was 3 degrees and thick fog, and dark!  cycling to work at 5.15 yesterday morning in the sticks, but 16 on my way home, I will not change both bike and car till it gets below 5 most days .I need them to get up the 20% hills with sharp bends  to get to and from work, necessity for me 

These are the tyres I want, but they don't do a 215/55/17 yet :(

I know there is a strong argument against Winter/All season tyres, but when I started to drive I managed to go without, ABS, Airbags, Seatbelts (optional) all round disc brakes, modern crumple zones, advance crash detection  etc etc and I didn't happen to die in a huge fireball or even have a minor bumpl. But, given the choice of ABS, Airbags, Great brakes etc, and not having them, I know which I prefer :)

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 3

Where do you guys learn to beat physics?

They don't, they just use the heat that radiates from their smugness in not having to spend money on cold weather tyres to melt the snow and ice around their vehicles! :D