Another Mk1 VRS GTB2260 build............now for sale £4k bargain!

Stuart27183

I've been looking at that turbo company too :)

So with it being a new char altogether they must has had to cut the vnt lever off and weld the vnt17 lever on. Can you do a basic setting group 11 test? Be interested to see what figures you get.

Edited by faboka vrs
  • Like 1

I've been looking at that turbo company too :)

So with it being a new char altogether they must has had to cut the vnt lever off and weld the vnt17 lever on. Can you do a basic setting group 11 test? Be interested to see what figures you get.

I do need to take some logs this weekend- will post them up asap

So, the car is running really well now for a few weeks (1000 miles ish) - sure it is quicker than it used to be! its damn fast even at 2bar...........................................

Anyway, I have changed my mind about track use for this year - I have sold my blue track wheels to a member on here - I cannot risk track use when i need the car for doing 500 miles per week for work. I now intend on getting a new Golf Clubsport, or maybe something daft like a B7 RS4 and using the Fab as a work horse and leaving the new car at home midweek.

So, i paid a visit to a local scrapyard yesterday for these...........................................as my seats are ripped and minging! Full set of MK2 VRS seats.

20160519_180405.jpg

Bonus points to naming the guy who bought them "Periwinkle Bluuuuue" alloys

00ad8e758a51d90520e227f3aa7e2500.jpg

Lol

Thanks for today Stuart.

Gotta say your car is AMAZING!

Time & money well spent.

Couldn't believe how smooth it was and also how it puts the power down really well.

Thanks, well worth the trip down.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Updates for June so far: car been running really well since turbo refitted - but has been spraying oil all over the subframe so found some time this week to investigate. 

My logic was that the leak is definitely pressurised as the spread of oil is large, which means its got to be the oil feed - which mean turbo off job! So spent the last 3 nights after work stripping it all off and my suspicion was correct - turns out i had used two different copper washers on the banjo! so one had crushed and one had'nt! So 3 nights to fully strip the turbo kit off and refit and all sorted now with correct washers.

Next job is a proper catch can for the rocker breather, as my empty bottle of San Pellegrino water is not doing a great job at the moment. 

Pics to follow...............................

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Updates:

Felt a bit lumpy at low speed so had a look under the bonnet, rocked the engine with my hand and the gearbox end was slopping around like crazy! mount was foobarred so replaced it with a Vibratechnics mount from Awesome who had it in stock and is only a few miles up the road. It has made a huge difference the car is so much smoother on acceleration now - barely makes any difference to the already high amount of vibrations already in my car.

A catch can was fitted to the rocker breather to stop the huge amount of smoke pouring out when at traffic lights!

Next job is to fit the new rear calipers i have as i have a certain sticky one...............................house purchasing this month so the big nozzles and WON nitrous kit with progressive controller won't happen until later in the year now..............................

20160621_163410.jpg

20160621_162337_1.jpg

20160621_170336.jpg

20160621_173107.jpg

20160615_162239.jpg

20160615_155637.jpg

Looking good,

I have all three of the vibra-technics mounts, brilliant but a bit much for most I think lol.

I will most likely get the engine mount also but deff not the vibra dogbone one as that will be a step too far! I have a Powerflex red bush in there that will suffice

• 2 months later...