Had to happen :(

I've no idea how it's happened, I'm not one to kerb my wheels and I'm OCD about kerbs.

But this morning I've seen this, wasn't there yesterday so it's only happened in the last 18 hours.

I guess it's no the diamond cut finish so it's slightly better.post-15023-0-43739200-1444570043_thumb.jpgpost-15023-0-43739200-1444570043_thumb.jpg

Ah I feel your pain. Got rear ended in my 8 week old one during the week. Thankfully just a matter of realigning the bumper and a machine polish on the bumper.

With that I'd get some touch up paint. Could have been a stone on the road even for something as small as that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got one on mine as well. Rear passenger side. My wife did it....

They seem easy to do.

Though like above I don't think I caught it on a kerb, maybe a stone or something off the road as it's in a weird place.

Oh well at least it's only the wheel.

Meh, missus did it first. Shortly followed by me couple weeks later. It happens. It's the damage other people cause rather than me that winds me up.

Yea I've one wheel a little kerbed but I did it so I'll have to get over it but I've two tiny dents in my passenger rear door from people opening their doors into mine. Can only see it in certain light but it's annoying as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It happens...my octavia was mint until some cleet opened a door on it....and I suspect it happened whilst at the dealers having a service but I had no grounds on which to prove it.

Recently i was carting a bucket of hardcore up to the tip, it fell over and about the only thing it could have damaged (the inner tailgate trim) it did so.

Both things annoyed me for a while but now its happened Im less bothered.

My 3 week old GTD on the other hand.....v OCD about it and dreading the first thing to happen to it.

Recently i was carting a bucket of hardcore up to the tip, it fell over and about the only thing it could have damaged (the inner tailgate trim) it did so.

I know that feeling. Didn't secure properly a steel stand and base I put in the boot and it slid across and back and gouged the plastic inner boot trim and the clip on Velcro dividers. Thankfully not the canton sub but still annoying. Oh well I did buy the car to use it

Mate a smart repairer with a good paintshop background would have that sorted like new in less than an hour and maybe £40/50.....

I found a guy who would perform smart repairs on diamond cut wheels...had it done on my Fabia and unless you were really looking you'd never have known. Some v clever people out there.

• Like 1

Mate a smart repairer with a good paintshop background would have that sorted like new in less than an hour and maybe £40/50.....

I found a guy who would perform smart repairs on diamond cut wheels...had it done on my Fabia and unless you were really looking you'd never have known. Some v clever people out there.

Cheers for the info. Do they put polish it or fill it or what the hell kinda magic fixes them? [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what i remember they lightly sand the affected area, wet and dry then machine polish it.....they then re-lacquer the area.

I guess it would be difficult to disguise serious damage..at which point its gonna need a proper refurb but for minor rim dinks it works well.

I've done both of my vRS front wheels, one I did by accident, the second to avoid a prat in a van! So with the fitment of winter wheels looming imminently they'll get taken off to the place I go over at Gatwick (Wheel Works) or Primo (Guildford).

Just to add insult to injury, came to to the car in a supermarket and found a dink & scratch on the rear nearside wing and skirt.