MY16 MIB2 coding

flybynite

@mannyo: This was also my inital thought, but if this would be true, than otiginal setting would not be changed. But it changes.

I am guessing the problem you are seeing with the newer unit, is you are altering a setting in VCDS which it believes to be one thing, whereas you could be altering something completely different.

I would hold fire altering anything with the MIB2 until you can be sure that VCDS is working correctly with the unit, it maybe that if you continue playing you end up bricking the unit, or get it into a state where you cannot recover it. The dealer will not help in that instance as you are using a non Skoda authorised third party tool to alter key settings of the unit.

I do agree that you should not mess with a MIB2 with VCDS until it is sorted. I only tried the couple of extra tweaks because it worked for someone else, but I am done now, until RossTech say something (anything?)

As mtl says I don't think it is as simple as thinking you are altering one thing and then altering something different, it is more insidious than that. Each change I made worked fine all logged and accountable start to finish. There is obviously an un-intended consequence to one of them, or likely any change.

Unfortunately RossTech are not even acknowledging the problem and I do agree that it is not out of the bounds of possibility that a problem like this could leave it needing a new controller map.

It is the risk you take and if people do not realise that then they shouldn't start, it is more difficult when it is someone else's car. Pointing out it is not approved on the VCDS forum may be a good thing now and again as a reminder but is not particularly helpful.

As it stands I am disappointed in RossTech at the moment as one early response was not very friendly or helpful and nothing since.

Edited by flybynite

I added to the main VCDS O3 sticky and to the MY16 sticky as soon as I was aware.

As above, I wouldn't mess with a MIB2 with VCDS at the moment.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Perfect and agree.

In one of my mailings to Ross-Tech I suggested to block configuration of 5F until this is resolved to prevent others to lose menus. Though...

Yeah I see that post, but I also think we should leave alone until Ross tech clarify what's happening. We don't want to make matters worse.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can't understand why they have not seen MIB2 yet?

It looks like they are not getting MIB2 units delivered yet overseas...

It looks like they are not getting MIB2 units delivered yet overseas...

No everything built after week 22 has MIB2 even the ones heading to the States maybe 1-2 weeks after us because of shipping time but no more. They have had them since August on some cars.

It is more trying to see if the VW Discover and Discover Pro act like the Amundsen and Columbus

I have had another Briskodian contact me who wishes to remain anonymous.

They enabled Traffic Sign Recognition and lost menus, it took a trip to the dealer for a full reprogram and then a 2 hour wait for all modules to reset to get it back to how it was before.

I am going to add additional warnings to the traffic sign recognition post in the sticky as this seems to be the one causing the most issues.

it took a trip to the dealer for a full reprogram and then a 2 hour wait for all modules to reset to get it back to how it was before.

What needed to be reprogramed? Only 5F or also other modules?

I am going to add additional warnings to the traffic sign recognition post in the sticky as this seems to be the one causing the most issues.

I wasn't coding TSR when this happened and I know for another Octavia 3 owner that had this issue also he also wasn't coding TSR.

My guess is that this happenes if you code anything on 5F.

Edited by mtl

As the adaption map of 5f is not reading the state of the car correctly before any coding is done (confirmed by someone 'Down Under' with a clean MIB2 Golf posted on RT forum) I would suggest it is a ticking time bomb in VCDS that happens when any coding or adaption channel is changed.

Do we know which menus are lost?

I know about the 'mirrors' and I have just looked and I do not have the green driving menu page (but I am not 100% sure I had it to start, with a petrol 4x4, green wasn't my highest priority :notme: )

Any others lost?

As the adaption map of 5f is not reading the state of the car correctly before any coding is done (confirmed by someone 'Down Under' with a clean MIB2 Golf posted on RT forum) I would suggest it is a ticking time bomb in VCDS that happens when any coding or adaption channel is changed.

Do we know which menus are lost?

I know about the 'mirrors' and I have just looked and I do not have the green driving menu page (but I am not 100% sure I had it to start, with a petrol 4x4, green wasn't my highest priority :notme: )

Any others lost?

Few other menus lost:

• ASR/ESP system deactivation menu
  • Mirrors and wipers menu
  • Drive Green View
  • speed limit display on Columbus

Well as it stands, I cant see any alternative but to wait until there is some progress from Ross Tech.

Once (IF) they get it working on mib2 the question will be how practical it will be to code these menus back into the system, especially as the original adaption map of 5f I took with VCDS will be no use at all and I have had no luck coding the mirrors menu back either.

I am not overly impressed with the way Ross Tech have handled this and would like to see them put it right. I have to admit if I got wind of my product not acting as it should i would be a little more proactive in damage limitation to make sure more harm was not done.

As more MIB2 cars hit the streets, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people unless they do something soon.

Never used Vag Can Pro so would be interested to hear how well that works on these. Would it be any easier to attack it with VCP?

I have had another Briskodian contact me who wishes to remain anonymous.

They enabled Traffic Sign Recognition and lost menus, it took a trip to the dealer for a full reprogram and then a 2 hour wait for all modules to reset to get it back to how it was before.

Did the he say if the dealer charged for this?

OK guys, some light at the end of the tunnel .....

It seems this has happened to others, and it is fixable with VCP if you look at my post on the VCP forum. It may also be fixable with VCDS, but it seems that you may have to re-enable the menus in a particular order.

Mati (the developer of VCP) has offered assistance to get to the bottom of this via TeamViewer, so I all I need now is access to a MY16 MIB2 Bolero & Columbus that haven't been tweaked to establish the baseline, and access to a car that has been hosed by VCDS.

Any volunteers???

• Like 2

Mine's a Columbus, I'm probably as south as Iamholam is north :D  but I may be heading north before Xmas and if it still isn't sorted by then I could make a detour.

I've obviously got VCDS and wouldn't mind investing in VCP if it is better at some things for the future, just don't fancy getting to know it while doing complicated remedial work.

If any scans or maps would be useful in the mean time, happy to oblige. The car has most options ticked so the scan is quite comprehensive.

If we work out a sequence that may work, I'm happy to give it a try. Trying to get the "mirrors" back as mtl succeeded in doing for a couple of attempts did not seem to do any further harm (didn't fix it either for me though)