MY16 MIB2 coding

flybynite

Cool

The annoying thing is I was in Scotland today ............ Musselburgh to be precise

next time you're up give us a yell, Iamholam and I are in the same town just a couple of miles apart

actually when I think of it I have a MY16 that's not had the MIB2 messed with and Iamholam has one with the menus missing.......job done?

both with Amundsens

• Like 1

If it helps I still have the autoscan and adaption map of 5f from before it was coded. But obviously that was from VCDS. The problem is I am not convinced it is reading it right. 

I guess it will have to be a clean map taken with VCP to know for sure.

If this would help: I have full ad. channells maps of 5F before (one) and after coding was performed for few Superbs and Passats. Taken with VCDS.

Edited by mtl

I've asked for some help from the clever users of VCP

https://vcp-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1258

I have a funny feeling that I might be able to grab a raw memory dump from a working vehicle and then upload to one that has been 'altered' with VCDS

What Infotainment units does anyone with this issue have?

If you are registered, does it show extra forums on that site? Following the link it asks me to log on, but they don't let you register unless you own VCP already.

The home page I can see only shows 8 forums, around 200 posts total. I am guessing there is more but only if you log in.

It is a shame as it would be nice to see a bit more before I considered buying the unit. At least with the VCDS forum you can see the posts

Hi guys,

I'm glad to see someone got the ball rolling, unfortunately I'm in the same boat with this issue..

I've got a MY2016 Superb 3 With columbus and DAB.
Tried to enable traffic signs with VCDS. - Getting the coding was accepted message, but no changes to it.

Since then my menu's:
Driver assistance
Drive Green View

Are gone. Everything is working though. I can enable/disable driver assistance features on the maxidot, but no parameters in the columbus, just the message access restricted when I press on Driver assistance menu

I've got a VCP at the moment to look at the problem, so please get me involved on this, I'm also on the VCP forum with the same nickname

Thanks in advance

Edited by skitzor
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, been a while, but there has been progress...

I did a teamviewer session with Mati tonight, seems like the VCDS adaptations I've made before were triggering different bits from the code...

Mati was able to restore the default coding values in channels 2876 and 2877 in 5F
I've got my assistance settings back and working (but no Greendrive yet, it's possible it needs some time/driving around and will appear tomorrow)

Normally you can find these default coding values in the PR-coder app, but for the new MiB2 units there are no templates/labels yet...
Mati will try to get these updated as soon as possible.

• Like 4

Yup, I've seen a piece of VCP-heaven last night lol :-)

Greendrive appeared this morning aswell, and I'm working towards getting the traffic sign recognition working (i've got lane assist installed without traffic signs)

• Like 3

Yup, I've seen a piece of VCP-heaven last night lol :-)

Greendrive appeared this morning aswell, and I'm working towards getting the traffic sign recognition working (i've got lane assist installed without traffic signs)

That's promising! What does that mean for the rest of us? Hopefully instructions to fix via vcds or will it be some kind of patch which you just need to update?

That's promising! What does that mean for the rest of us? Hopefully instructions to fix via vcds or will it be some kind of patch which you just need to update?

According to my logic, immediatelly it does not mean anything.

But it means that the solution is possible, so let us hope that also Ross-Tech will be able to understand it and implement it into the new VCDS version. As it looks like the problem is that the sw is doing something behind the codings that are done, due to not having correct ''map''.

• Like 1

Well, I'm quite new to both VCDS and VCP, but this looks more like an indication that VCDS is running behind...

Question is:

If VCDS is unable to handle the coding from MIB2 units ( writing all the zeroes in my case), is it able to read them correctly??

Cause if I understand VCDS right... The first autoscan saves your Long codings for all the ECU's, so in case you make a mistake, you can just program it back to standard with those codings.

This is what I tried to do, and according to the autoscan, they were coded like before, but no changes were made and my menu's were still gone.

From this thinking pattern, I decided to go for a VCP cable, since they stated full support for the Superb MK3.

I'm not advertising for VCP or something, but I guess if you guys want your menu's back (right at this moment) you have to find someone with VCP nearby.

Other option would be waiting till VCDS is updated vor MIB 2 platform.

EDIT: If I can help you in any way...  I'll try my best to do it for you

Edited by skitzor