Discs and pads

I just put a full set of Pagid disks and pads on a few weeks ago. They seem fine but not used them in anger yet.

I've got pagid discs and pads on the back of mine and they've been fine.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Depending on the size of the rear discs you may need to remove the carriers to get the discs off. If you are doing it yourself it can be an absolute pain to undo the carrier bolts, and you need an XZN bit for the bolts

the pr code for the brakes is on the fist page of the service book then this code is on the euro carparts website to identify the correct sizes when ordering ,i used a short reach m14 spline tool £3 from ebay and a very long breaker bar cracked carrier bolts loose on my drive with a trolly jack . 

Depending on the size of the rear discs you may need to remove the carriers to get the discs off. If you are doing it yourself it can be an absolute pain to undo the carrier bolts, and you need an XZN bit for the bolts

Found this myself when I went to change mine last weekend, I had to order this little fella -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131548050448?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Changed the front no problem though -

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/373902-front-discs/#entry4414129

It depends on your driving style. Are you aggressive on brakes or grandparents style?

If you don't burn pads on daily basis, don't worry and buy anything you find. It is all from Pagid Friction Group anyway or Brembo, Ferodo.

If you have problem with brake system over-heating, buy ATE Powerdiscs and ATE "ceramic" pads. You also need racing brake fluid because all heat goes right to the brake fluid now.

If you want quality and braking power Brembo Sport + Ferodo DS2500 pads.

What a pain in the arse getting the rear carriers off are! After buying the M14 spline, thought it would be pretty straight forward but i could not find any way of accessing the bottom bolt on the carrier to remove this!!!! :@

Anyone have any suggestions?

another +1 on pagid. Had them all round on the VRS. Only issue was a bit of judder from pad material sticking to the disk face. Sorted with a bit of aggressive braking.

What a pain in the arse getting the rear carriers off are! After buying the M14 spline, thought it would be pretty straight forward but i could not find any way of accessing the bottom bolt on the carrier to remove this!!!! :@

Anyone have any suggestions?

Check out this thread - I've installed rear stabiliser and on one of the pictures you can see those two bolts of carrier.

I don't have a picture before the install. You have to lift the wheel or even remove stabiliser (just screws on both levers, not whole thing).

Edited by sniper29a

Check out this thread - I've installed rear stabiliser and on one of the pictures you can see those two bolts of carrier.

I don't have a picture before the install. You have to lift the wheel or even remove stabiliser (just screws on both levers, not whole thing).

Thanks, I thought lifting the wheel may be an option but couldn't work it out!

I think I used a long 1/2" extension to reach through to the bottom bolt. But the first socket I tried was too long with the extension, so I bought a shorter socket from Halfords.

• Like 1